Meister Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

Some stuck it out like Meister and Pixie -- and I can assure you, we are sad to see them go. However, they decided to leave on their own for their own reasons. Sometimes running a board like this can burn you out quick. It's a thankless job with nothing but headaches and complaints... no matter what you do someone is going to think your doing it wrong.

We are very grateful for the time and effort that Meister and Pixie put in (and the rest of the moderation team as well!) and can't thank them enough.

With that said, people come and people go. It's normal and natural. We have a moderation team in place and we will bringing in some additional Administrators. For now, we expect the board to self-moderate. If you see something that needs the attention of the Administration or Moderation team please use the built in REPORT POST feature.

It's not the end of the world ;)

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

:thup:

Unlike Most Message Boards, this Site is a place where The Right is not heavily outnumbered by Libs. That's the advantage I see. I personally do not trash Libs for being Lib. TM is not new, and She generally posts some very warped and distorted material. In my view, she, for the most part, with exception, post incoherent, twisted, spam. Now she is here Gloating, under Dan's nose, and that is okay. See, DanK, Censors what Mods can do and Post, Dealing with TM is an example of that.

I can't think of what "Changes" you are referring to other then the fact that we've asked (we've always asked) for our moderation team to be courteous to the membership and act like a moderator. Flaming users left and right isn't something we want the people who lead the site doing. You should lead by example.

Some moderators a long time ago did not agree with that policy and they stepped down.

Some stuck it out like Meister and Pixie -- and I can assure you, we are sad to see them go. However, they decided to leave on their own for their own reasons. Sometimes running a board like this can burn you out quick. It's a thankless job with nothing but headaches and complaints... no matter what you do someone is going to think your doing it wrong.

We are very grateful for the time and effort that Meister and Pixie put in (and the rest of the moderation team as well!) and can't thank them enough.

With that said, people come and people go. It's normal and natural. We have a moderation team in place and we will bringing in some additional Administrators. For now, we expect the board to self-moderate. If you see something that needs the attention of the Administration or Moderation team please use the built in REPORT POST feature.

Frankly.... like you give a fuck. Money comes in, you're happy. Forgive some of us if we're a tad more bothered than you. Pix and Meister are good mods.... we know... we've had bad mods here and we can spot the difference pretty quick.

Your right rep is meaningless.

Being able to actually be helped by a mod would be real nice.

Can you find us one who will actually help people who are not right wing?

Help is given when it is needed for matters that really don't have anything to do with politics. Everyone on this board thinks someone should banned.. or someone should be silenced, or someone is doing something wrong.

The most important job of the moderation team is finding who actually needs help with the site and doesn't just have a personal vendetta against someone else. Thus, the reason why not every request for help gets answered.

If you have an issue, send a PM or use Report a Post.

Frankly.... like you give a fuck. Money comes in, you're happy. Forgive some of us if we're a tad more bothered than you. Pix and Meister are good mods.... we know... we've had bad mods here and we can spot the difference pretty quick.

good for who?

Help is given when it is needed for matters that really don't have anything to do with politics. Everyone on this board thinks someone should banned.. or someone should be silenced, or someone is doing something wrong.

The most important job of the moderation team is finding who actually needs help with the site and doesn't just have a personal vendetta against someone else. Thus, the reason why not every request for help gets answered.

If you have an issue, send a PM or use Report a Post.

I did and it worked

This is now a place where any new liberal gets negged into oblivion and any new right wing nut is welcomed with open arms.

Way to go, guy.

You have examples? Because as far as I've seen recently... the ones who get 'negged into oblivion' are those who post racist shit all over the board. I would have thought that rep is bipartisan.

Way to go, guy.

I certainly don't agree with your opinion but I must ask... who cares if you get negged? Does it change your views? Does it restrict you from posting? Do your words carry less weight?

Grow up. The forum is an ever changing, living thing. It never stays the same over the course of time. It grows and changes based on the membership. We do very little to change it's direction. We just keep it running. The membership decides how it's going to be to participate here and that's not changing.

"Help"?

Way to go, guy.

You have examples? Because as far as I've seen recently... the ones who get 'negged into oblivion' are those who post racist shit all over the board. I would have thought that rep is bipartisan.

So it appears to me.

Way to go, guy.

I certainly don't agree with your opinion but I must ask... who cares if you get negged? Does it change your views? Does it restrict you from posting? Do your words carry less weight?

Grow up. The forum is an ever changing, living thing. It never stays the same over the course of time. It grows and changes based on the membership. We do very little to change it's direction. We just keep it running. The membership decides how it's going to be to participate here and that's not changing.

I certainly don't care if Arty gets negged.

Way to go, guy.

?
I've seen newbies stick their foot in their mouth for 3 posts, take the splotches, then in a couple of weeks, they're out of it, better posters for it. And it happens on both sides. You're blind what happens to a rightie who gets negged and banned. They come back a little wiser in a week or two.

And the moral of this story is likely, say what you think and take what you get for it. If your posts roll in 4-letter words for 15 consecutive posts, or engaging in fantasy, you might be standing in the corner for 3 days.

I am sorry that being a mod comes with hazards, though. I've liked every one of them who stepped up to the plate and took a swing at it. I'm sorry not every one can appreciate what the moderators do, and continue to do when they come back after a recess from the nuttiness.

good for who?

For anyone except those with the intellect of a peanut. I can see why you struggle with any mod that is not a left wing hack. Idiot.

Way to go, guy.

Pay attention to the rep growth of noobs, CG. It isn't hard to see.

My threads get spammed with personal insults.

They really dont want to discuss the facts I bring them.

Wow TM really IS crazy. I sent her kind of a nice pm telling her we all get moderated and she spazzed out on me.

Oh well. That's why libs get negged into oblivion. You're scary extremist weirdoes.

Wow TM really IS crazy. I sent her kind of a nice pm telling her we all get moderated and she spazzed out on me.

Oh well. That's why libs get negged into oblivion. You're scary extremist weirdoes.

why are you breaking site rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back