Melania threatens to sue video producer

she can sue, but she would have to open up for 'discovery'.... she would have to prove her son does not have autism and that he was harmed by the claim and that whomever said it, would have had to know it was not true but made the claim anyway...

she can sue, but she would have to open up for 'discovery'.... she would have to prove her son does not have autism and that he was harmed by the claim and that whomever said it, would have had to know it was not true but made the claim anyway...

Well Attorney Care4All, did you ever hear of slander? And what's with the left always attacking kids anyway?

Well Attorney Care4All, did you ever hear of slander? And what's with the left always attacking kids anyway?

...and what's with the right always attacking kids while we're at it?

The bar for slander is very high - that's why there are far fewer law suits then you'd imagine given the amount of crap that's out there.

Ummm.. she just laid out the legal requirements for Melania Trump to prove slander.

So I would say that yes, she's heard of it.

The bar for slander is very high - that's why there are far fewer law suits then you'd imagine given the amount of crap that's out there.

I don't recall the Republicans attacking children of politicians like I do for the left. Of course if the children get in on the campaign or voice out political views, then all bets are off. But for those kids that don't really want to get involved in their parents profession, they should totally be off limits; especially under age children.

I don't recall the Republicans attacking children of politicians like I do for the left. Of course if the children get in on the campaign or voice out political views, then all bets are off. But for those kids that don't really want to get involved in their parents profession, they should totally be off limits; especially under age children.

Well, if you're interested in refreshing your conveniently absent memory, you are welcome to use this boards search function to search for "Malia Obama", and see what turns up.

Well, if you're interested in refreshing your conveniently absent memory, you are welcome to use this boards search function to search for "Malia Obama", and see what turns up.

Or you can and post a link here to show me where I'm wrong. When was the last time a Republican attacked kids of a Democrat President or president elect? The closest I can come (from memory) is when some reporter said he seen Chelsea smoking a cigarette. But that's a far cry from making a claim that a candidates child has serious mental illness.

Ummm.. she just laid out the legal requirements for Melania Trump to prove slander.

No, I would say that's grounds for making a false accusation. Slander is belittling somebody using a false claim.

No, that's not what "slander" is. Particularly not against a public figure.

What Care posted is exactly the legal requirement that Melania would have to meet in order to prove slander.

Or you can and post a link here to show me where I'm wrong. When was the last time a Republican attacked kids of a Democrat President or president elect? The closest I can come (from memory) is when some reporter said he seen Chelsea smoking a cigarette. But that's a far cry from making a claim that a candidates child has serious mental illness.

I could not possibly give a shit about what you chose to remember.

If it makes you feel better to remain ignorant (or pretend to), that's entirely on you.

No, I would say that's grounds for making a false accusation. Slander is belittling somebody using a false claim.

No, that's not what "slander" is. Particularly not against a public figure.

What Care posted is exactly the legal requirement that Melania would have to meet in order to prove slander.

Not at all. Care4 said this:

she would have to prove her son does not have autism and that he was harmed by the claim and that whomever said it

She would have to prove no such thing. It's up to the defendant in such a suit to prove they were right in making such an accusation.

Melania would have to prove damage to her child, but not that he's not autistic. The defendant has to provide that proof.

What about people saying Obama's daughter was smoking weed? What about when people said Obama's daughter was dancing like a slut?

What about people saying Obama's daughter was smoking weed? What about when people said Obama's daughter was dancing like a slut?

I've never heard anything about it. By "people" are you talking about bloggers here or a prominent entertainment or political figure?

Forum List

Back