MEMORY PIZZA reopens and remains true to its opinion

It
They are not going to cater your gay wedding.
Cool. But if catering weddings is something that they advertised as a service they would. :thup:
Only if their Constitutional rights are stripped away.

Why do liberals always act as if we are all part of their collective?
Not part of a collective, just followers of the constitution :thup:
Wrong. Why do you suppose they have to add those public accommodation laws? Think.
The founders did an excellent job designing the constitution. They knew future generations would need to establish new rights and protections to adapt to their changing environments. :thup:
Hey moron, we aren't talking about amending the Constitution, it's state and local governments. IF you think the Constitution does need amending then you must recognize it isn't a Constitutional issue as of now.

It
Cool. But if catering weddings is something that they advertised as a service they would. :thup:

Wrong. Why do you suppose they have to add those public accommodation laws? Think.
The founders did an excellent job designing the constitution. They knew future generations would need to establish new rights and protections to adapt to their changing environments. :thup:
Hey moron, we aren't talking about amending the Constitution, it's state and local governments. IF you think the Constitution does need amending then you must recognize it isn't a Constitutional issue as of now.
Lol what an angry person you are

you guys !! Man you keep looking for the bright lining of tyranny ehh OldSchool . Hey , you guys lost this one , made a near millionaire and the girl freely says that she won't cater BOGUS weddings !! [threads getting funny]
Lol no we didn't. The law no longer discriminates against gay people. I wish this pizza place the best :thup:
Actually, they can still discriminate -- it's just that the newly enacted RFRA can't be used if someone want's to sue them for discriminating.

They can discriminate and if done right, they won't be sued. People discriminate everyday, private and public sector and if it is done correctly, no one knows the difference.

If you are 55 or black or gay or a women, you might not have gotten your last job because of discrimination, the person hiring can use terms like under qualified, over qualified, not a good culture fit and a 1000 other reasons. You may not do a gay wedding because you are overbooked, on vacation that weekend or other reasons.

As long as you don't say why, you can discriminate all day long and nothing will happen.

Cool. I'm glad Indiana now bars them from being able to discriminate against people. :thup:

That's what makes this whole story funny, a reporter asked a hypothetical question, the owner answers honestly, the intolerant nutters issue death threats and threaten to burn down the pizza parlor, the pizza parlor temporarily shuts down, a bunch of people donate $800,000. The pizza parlor reopens, doesn't change their stand on gay weddings, which never mattered anyway, because they don't cater weddings, and who in their right mind would want pizza at a wedding.

The winner is the reporter, look at her story for asking an irrelevant question. She becomes the station hero and she will get promoted to a larger market for causing a shit storm. She has got be smiling and very happy to have created a story from nothing.

America the land of opportunity.
It was probably the most excitement that little town has ever seen.

No kidding, they probably had people gathering outside the pizza parlor watching it, not be open. lol!

It

Lol what an angry person you are
No anger here, you sure do misfire a lot.

you guys !! Man you keep looking for the bright lining of tyranny ehh OldSchool . Hey , you guys lost this one , made a near millionaire and the girl freely says that she won't cater BOGUS weddings !! [threads getting funny]
Lol no we didn't. The law no longer discriminates against gay people. I wish this pizza place the best :thup:
Actually, they can still discriminate -- it's just that the newly enacted RFRA can't be used if someone want's to sue them for discriminating.

They can discriminate and if done right, they won't be sued. People discriminate everyday, private and public sector and if it is done correctly, no one knows the difference.

If you are 55 or black or gay or a women, you might not have gotten your last job because of discrimination, the person hiring can use terms like under qualified, over qualified, not a good culture fit and a 1000 other reasons. You may not do a gay wedding because you are overbooked, on vacation that weekend or other reasons.

As long as you don't say why, you can discriminate all day long and nothing will happen.

This is completely true.

I get the impression that its not enough for some of these folks, though. They want the gays to know exactly why they won't serve them.

I certainly think that they will serve ANY hungry pizza eater that comes in the door looking for fresh pizza Doctor .

I certainly think that they will serve ANY hungry pizza eater that comes in the door looking for fresh pizza Doctor .

I'm sure they will. Nor do I expect that any gays will ever ask them to cater their wedding. I was speaking more generally than just this recent incident with "Memories Pizza".

They're packed from opening to closing and are having a heck of a time responding to call in orders.

Good for them and all those standing up to this ignorant bullying.

Cool. I'm glad Indiana now bars them from being able to discriminate against people. :thup:

That's what makes this whole story funny, a reporter asked a hypothetical question, the owner answers honestly, the intolerant nutters issue death threats and threaten to burn down the pizza parlor, the pizza parlor temporarily shuts down, a bunch of people donate $800,000. The pizza parlor reopens, doesn't change their stand on gay weddings, which never mattered anyway, because they don't cater weddings, and who in their right mind would want pizza at a wedding.

The winner is the reporter, look at her story for asking an irrelevant question. She becomes the station hero and she will get promoted to a larger market for causing a shit storm. She has got be smiling and very happy to have created a story from nothing.

She won't be smiling in hell.

only casualty seems to be a leftist gym teacher at a local nearby school that threatened violence by threatening to burn down the pizza store . --- Pizza shop survives threats re-opens today in Indiana --- according to story the majority of donation money goes to charity and some to the 'Florist Lady' that is being picked on by lefties . progressives and democrats in Washington State . So read the news and weep or cheer !! I am quietly cheering !!

YAY!!! Cheer for BIGOTRY!!! WOOOO!!! YEAH for being on the wrong side of history!!!

She won't be smiling in hell.
Ah look at you casting the first stone :laugh:

This is completely true.

I get the impression that its not enough for some of these folks, though. They want the gays to know exactly why they won't serve them.
You're right. Christians need to be smarter and not so willing to fall on their swords. One quick way to sift out the trolls just looking for a fight is to require a $2000 deposit up front to cater an event.

I don't think that's the case OldSchool , the young daughter still says that she won't cater gay functions like weddings as a matter of conscience . Yeah , I think that you are WRONG OldSchool and I'm happy to point that out !!
I doubt that shithole has ever catered a wedding. So even before the Religious Discrimination law was passed it wouldn't have affected them in the least.

But I AM glad that Indiana clarified that if they DID advertise that they catered weddings, they wouldn't be able to discriminate against a gay couple. :thup:
Again, this is what passes for a victory in Conservistan....s

Forum List

Back