Men in women's bathrooms

Abuse Amnesia

Abuse Amnesia is a strange occurrence which is common among people who have been chronically abused.

When a chronically abused person is interviewed or asked about how they are treated by the abusive person they are close to, they will often generalize a positive response.

This positive response could be interepreted as denial, but it is also likely that the abuse victim just doesn't remember all the things they have been through.

Abuse amnesia is a natural outcome of Confirmation Bias, where information which contradicts what a person wants to believe is neglected or forgotten quickly and information which confirms a belief is amplified and paid attention to.

Abuse amnesia is common in situations where a person is still invested in the success of the relationship and is "rooting for" the abuser to turn the corner, for the situation to improve and for the relationship to succeed.

This one blew up in the left's faces. They pushed too far this time

aside from athletic locker rooms, name me one womans restroom that has showers ...

ONE.

Almost every school has them. the children you stupid fuck, the children

BULLSHIT

my daughter teaches, aside from alethetic locker rooms in field houses showers do not exist in schools

You're a god damn liar

typical foul-mouth, no class, ignorant response..

maybe they have open showers in your prison block, but not in schools.

A national discussion that is increasing awareness and education and getting this issue on the forefront is what you call blowing up in their face?? Think again... Despite the opposition, this is a huge leap for the trans rights movement. With every post you are contributing to it.

I oppose it and it's nothing short of insanity, putting the "needs" of a very few above the well being of children is ludicrous
You have every right to oppose it and voice your concerns. You aren't doing yourself favors by calling it "insanity" though... Many feel that it is an equal rights issue, and many sympathize with what these people suffer with. They also feel that this solution is a way to help their mental health and give them some happiness, which in turn should make our society a better place. It's the name calling, belittling, and fear mongering that creates conflict... Voice your fears, concerns, and solutions all you want, thats encouraged... Leave the other BS out of it.

Apologies, I read it too fast... Fact is there is a treatment process that has been developed by medical professionals from years of study and experience working with Transgenders. Many medical professionals have agreed on the process that is being used 1. Therapy 2. Hormones 3. Surgery In many cases 1. does the trick and it hopefully gets better and more effective.

You don't have to believe that a Tran woman is a woman, you just have to believe that them living as a woman is the best solution for their mental health, which in turn is better for our society as a whole. It's fine if you disagree, there are many medical professionals that disagree and it is a necessary debate for them to have so our treatments can advance.

So in the mean time my daughter gets to shower with boys. Let me get this straight. The boy THINKS he's a girl and doesn't WANT to shower with boys. My daughter IS a girl and is FORCED to shower with a boy. And some how this is equality? Warped.
Realistically, If a boy is a transgirl they aren't going to shower or expose themselves as they are ashamed of their body and don't identify with it. Most don't use the bathroom in school, they hold it till they get home or they get special privileges to use a private bathroom in the teachers office.
We aren't talking about normal boys in the showers with the girls. I'd suggest you look into some stories and gain some insight into what a transchild goes through. Its a complicated issue and we have a long way to go before we get to a consensus solution

You have NO idea what caused this child's "problems." This child could have been sexually abused. It could have been that "he" felt his younger adopted sister got more attention (sibling rivalry gone awry) or many, many other things. This is no reason to ruin your child's future ability to have children of his or her own or to surgically or hormonally alter them.

How much of it did you watch?

Does that matter? The fact of the matter is some children have issues that are related to abuse and neglect, very serious issues.

You are right, some do and some don't... I'm guessing you watched 30 seconds or enough to respond with a little tidbit (like the part about her sister) to validate your arguments. It still doesn't dismiss the fact that you are critiquing a story that you are refusing to watch. Why are you so opposed to opening yourself up to the other side? You don't have to agree, but at least educate yourself and try to understand where they are coming from. How else is anybody supposed to take your seriously.

As I stated in my earlier posts, it could even be something more inadvertent than outright abuse. Perhaps little boy A has a mom who doesn't get along with her husband. She is always saying that men are assholes and she hates men. "All men are the same." Little boy A seeks mom's approval. He doesn't want mom to think he's an "asshole." He wants to be a little girl so that mom will love him and not think he's an asshole. He convinces himself that he actually is a girl. That's what he tells everyone, and he starts to dress like a girl and "act" (whatever THAT means) like a girl.

A national discussion that is increasing awareness and education and getting this issue on the forefront is what you call blowing up in their face?? Think again... Despite the opposition, this is a huge leap for the trans rights movement. With every post you are contributing to it.

I oppose it and it's nothing short of insanity, putting the "needs" of a very few above the well being of children is ludicrous
You have every right to oppose it and voice your concerns. You aren't doing yourself favors by calling it "insanity" though... Many feel that it is an equal rights issue, and many sympathize with what these people suffer with. They also feel that this solution is a way to help their mental health and give them some happiness, which in turn should make our society a better place. It's the name calling, belittling, and fear mongering that creates conflict... Voice your fears, concerns, and solutions all you want, thats encouraged... Leave the other BS out of it.

Many feel it's perverted and not needed. Obama's directive is not law, it has no legal authority. Only Congress and/or the courts can force it. In short? You lose

It's the equal rights end of it that baffles me. As i stated before, the boy THINKS he's a girl and doesn't want to shower with boys. My daughter IS a girl and doesn't want to shower with boys. My daughter is not equal.

Apologies, I read it too fast... Fact is there is a treatment process that has been developed by medical professionals from years of study and experience working with Transgenders. Many medical professionals have agreed on the process that is being used 1. Therapy 2. Hormones 3. Surgery In many cases 1. does the trick and it hopefully gets better and more effective.

You don't have to believe that a Tran woman is a woman, you just have to believe that them living as a woman is the best solution for their mental health, which in turn is better for our society as a whole. It's fine if you disagree, there are many medical professionals that disagree and it is a necessary debate for them to have so our treatments can advance.

So in the mean time my daughter gets to shower with boys. Let me get this straight. The boy THINKS he's a girl and doesn't WANT to shower with boys. My daughter IS a girl and is FORCED to shower with a boy. And some how this is equality? Warped.
Realistically, If a boy is a transgirl they aren't going to shower or expose themselves as they are ashamed of their body and don't identify with it. Most don't use the bathroom in school, they hold it till they get home or they get special privileges to use a private bathroom in the teachers office.
We aren't talking about normal boys in the showers with the girls. I'd suggest you look into some stories and gain some insight into what a transchild goes through. Its a complicated issue and we have a long way to go before we get to a consensus solution

You have NO idea what caused this child's "problems." This child could have been sexually abused. It could have been that "he" felt his younger adopted sister got more attention (sibling rivalry gone awry) or many, many other things. This is no reason to ruin your child's future ability to have children of his or her own or to surgically or hormonally alter them.

Do you know that the child featured in the video was not abused or did not suffer some "childhood trauma?"

I don't know that... how about you watch it and listen to what her parents have to say... Why they tried... The emotion they show... If you think they are lying and faking it... If you think they molested or abused their kid then make the case...

Many feel it's perverted and not needed. Obama's directive is not law, it has no legal authority. Only Congress and/or the courts can force it. In short? You lose
What do I lose?

Perhaps, little girl A was abused by her step daddy. She might have been just a toddler at the time, maybe 2 or 3. She actually has no memory of the abuse, but she hates being a female "for some reason." She associates being a female with being "weak" or with being "prone to be abused by men."

aside from athletic locker rooms, name me one womans restroom that has showers ...

ONE.

BULLSHIT

my daughter teaches, aside from alethetic locker rooms in field houses showers do not exist in schools
Have you ever heard of Phys Ed. My daughter is REQUIRED to take it. Don't take it, don't graduate. They are basically threatening my daughter with not receiving a diploma unless she showers with boys. In my home town the school board is elected and after the last public meeting they are running scared. We've already put together an alternate ticket and they will be looking for a job come September.
Is there a transgender child in your kids school?
In my 14 yr old daughters PE class.
Interesting... Have you met the child or the parents?

ONE.

BULLSHIT

You're a god damn liar

Yes they do. We had them in our school in the girls' locker room.

Do you know that the child featured in the video was not abused or did not suffer some "childhood trauma?"

I don't know that... how about you watch it and listen to what her parents have to say... Why they tried... The emotion they show... If you think they are lying and faking it... If you think they molested or abused their kid then make the case...

I watched it, and it proves absolutely nothing except they have a confused child on their hands.

What do I lose?

I don't really care what you lose. But I promise you this, no male pretending he is a female or confused about himself is going to shower with our daughters. Bank it

Actually they can threaten to withold Title 9 funds. Whether they will or not who knows.

ONE.

BULLSHIT

You're a god damn liar

I suppose you've visited every school in the United States to make such a statement?

Actually they can threaten to withold Title 9 funds. Whether they will or not who knows.

Threatening is one thing, doing it is a different animal. I read the letter 25 senators sent Obama and Lynch....they won't back down on this

A lot of children don't even remember their abuse, but it totally messes with their minds regardless. Sometimes these memories do not resurface until they are adults, because the subconsciously push them away. It is a defense mechanism.

It's the equal rights end of it that baffles me. As i stated before, the boy THINKS he's a girl and doesn't want to shower with boys. My daughter IS a girl and doesn't want to shower with boys. My daughter is not equal.
Well you don't consider the trans child a girl and the boys along with the child don't consider her a boy... So where does that leave the child?

Forum List

Back