🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Men...who is single?

I was saying it more for Gracie's friend. :D

Some people have good luck with those sites. Others, not so much. I have heard some negative things about OK Cupid though. Some people say that they don't actually try to make a match and that it is just random mismatches, so I suppose checking out the site before you join would be good idea too. There are a couple of others I've heard about that are more for "hooking up" than for romance, so people do need to be careful out there.

Oh, thank goodness!

I think dating sites are a perfectly sensible idea, as all they really do is put person A in contact with person B and the rest is really up to them.

I used Match dot com after my wife and I divorced, and although I was pretty nervous to be going out on a date for the first time in 30 years, I wouldn't say I had any bad experiences. Being the gentleman that I am, I allowed the women I dated to have the bad ones.

I just don't know why women are so put off by my extensive collection of Cabbage Patch memorabilia and get restless when I insist on reading to them those long passages from Remembrance of Things Past, but I figure if I keep at it long enough, I will find the perfect woman eventually.

:lol:

And where could somebody see her photo? Maybe she doesn't deserve posting some sort of men's one.

??? Having some trouble making sense of your last sentence. Typo maybe? I agree though, Gracie should ask for her permission to show a photo if she is serious about doing this. A lot of men are going to want to see what she looks like for themselves. Men are very visual creatures. :)
Doesn't matter. I am still learning english. I meant that maybe the game is not worth the candle and doesn't deserve so much attention.

And where could somebody see her photo? Maybe she doesn't deserve posting some sort of men's one.

??? Having some trouble making sense of your last sentence. Typo maybe? I agree though, Gracie should ask for her permission to show a photo if she is serious about doing this. A lot of men are going to want to see what she looks like for themselves. Men are very visual creatures. :)
Doesn't matter. I am still learning english. I meant that maybe the game is not worth the candle and doesn't deserve so much attention.

Well, Gracie says she is very attractive and very nice lady. I can't see most people taking it very seriously with no picture though. Maybe she plans to show a picture to the man she approves of for her friend. :D

When I sat down to list all my terific qualities, I got as far as "punctual" and "bathes regularly" and then ran out of material.

I guess it won't be me.

your not a good liar then, Ive had the same problem with dating sites. sometimes the list of expectations is daunting

When I sat down to list all my terific qualities, I got as far as "punctual" and "bathes regularly" and then ran out of material.

I guess it won't be me.

your not a good liar then, Ive had the same problem with dating sites. sometimes the list of expectations is daunting

Some people view a relationship as the first step in marriage. Lol. This seems especially true for a lot of women. Instead of just relaxing and enjoying the company, they want to make demands. Some men too. I think, more important than a list of expectations, is finding a person that you feel a connection with and have things in common with. Instead of starting off with a list of demands, people need to relax and learn about those things as the relationship naturally progresses. That's just my opinion though. I think people who come up with a list of what they expect from the other person should probably look at themselves and ask themselves what they are willing to contribute in the relationship. It just seems awfully shallow to me. :)

Some of them just make me laugh, and especially the ones that describe a man who does not exist.

"I want a strong, manly, take charge kind of guy who is also extremely caring, sensitive, and attentive!"

Some of them just make me laugh, and especially the ones that describe a man who does not exist.

"I want a strong, manly, take charge kind of guy who is also extremely caring, sensitive, and attentive!"

It's possible. Okay, they might not be very "sensitive" but most men really are quite sensitive, I think. They just like to pretend that they aren't. :D

Yeah ,thats the same one I read !

Don-Knotts-image.jpg

But dammit we all cant be that guy!!

It's possible. Okay, they might not be very "sensitive" but most men really are quite sensitive, I think. They just like to pretend that they aren't. :D

Well, they cant be all things all the time, but they can be at ahh random intervals :D

OKCupid...don't you have to pay for that? I know PlentyOfFish is free. And they have forums too but I hated them cuz the staff are buttholes.

Her pc is broke. Taking care of mom put fixing it on the back burner for now. She goes to the library often to enjoy the quiet, browse the bookshelves, sip her coffee. That's when we email back and forth quickly. Most of the time, we yak on the phone.
I thought she was doing well financially?

Last scores at the thrift shop was the piano scarf for 15 bucks..sold on ebay for 200.00....pair of mens size 13 Uggs for 2 bucks...sold on ebay for 75.00. I need to go again on Tuesday. They are closed tomorrow and monday.

Holy Crap, that's great! I usually buy books, which I shouldn't do because I have too many and I can't read all of them.
I never...EVER buy anything that I can't or won't use myself OR sell on ebay. Always on the prowl, I am. What is sad is..the other "dealers" in town have discovered the owner is not very smart and prices stuff wildly. Stuff she claims is vintage is not and priced horridly where NOBODY will buy it, stuff she thinks is junk is a gold mine. But now the other antique dealers go there so I have to be on the ball. I made friends with the owner..told her about some candlesticks that were sterling, something else that was worth more than what she was asking..just to get on her good side. So now she tells me when she is hauling in new households she bought (estates) and I can get there before anyone else does. If I'm lucky.

That's a pretty cool way to make some extra pocket money, and nothing to sneeze about either.
Do you sell on ebay? I can tell you what to look for and what sells. So next time you hit the thrift shop...you will know what to buy.
Do old WWII college yearbooks have any value on ebay.

I have bunch from LSU, and would like to get rid of them.

Any nostalgia value??
Only if some celebs are in it, lol.

OKCupid...don't you have to pay for that? I know PlentyOfFish is free. And they have forums too but I hated them cuz the staff are buttholes.

Her pc is broke. Taking care of mom put fixing it on the back burner for now. She goes to the library often to enjoy the quiet, browse the bookshelves, sip her coffee. That's when we email back and forth quickly. Most of the time, we yak on the phone.
She is not rich and she is not poor. They are doing ok. She is not looking for Christian Grey or a Warren Buffet. She just doesnt want a bum.

I guess it won't be me.

Some people view a relationship as the first step in marriage. Lol. This seems especially true for a lot of women. Instead of just relaxing and enjoying the company, they want to make demands. Some men too. I think, more important than a list of expectations, is finding a person that you feel a connection with and have things in common with. Instead of starting off with a list of demands, people need to relax and learn about those things as the relationship naturally progresses. That's just my opinion though. I think people who come up with a list of what they expect from the other person should probably look at themselves and ask themselves what they are willing to contribute in the relationship. It just seems awfully shallow to me. :)
She didn't ask for these things. I DID. I do that for my friends, ya know.

She is not rich and she is not poor. They are doing ok. She is not looking for Christian Grey or a Warren Buffet. She just doesnt want a bum.
You don't need to be rich to get your computer fixed. If she's having trouble then online meeting is a good possibility (meet in public of course!).

I was on POF for a while, met a couple of nice gals, mostly flakes though. The downside to online dating is it's a bit like being in a candy store, always something new to catch the eye.

I think dating sites are a perfectly sensible idea, as all they really do is put person A in contact with person B and the rest is really up to them.

Winner winner chicken dinner! I was just askin'. If the person interested in meeting someone WAS interested and I am familiar with their posting style on whether he is a hater or thinks women should fetch and carry and wear a hijab or doesn't like animals or lives in a basement with mommy, or thinks a particula ethnic race is beneath them, yadda yadda....then no. I would not send her the link to read when able, nor will I tell her about the results of this thread. Why would I? She's a friend. She wants someone to love and be with forever and he feel the same way. Once they are introduced by a mutual acquaintance (me), the rest is on them.

Don't make too much of this. I was bored. I entertained myself. If I struck gold, great. If not, no sweat.

You don't need to be rich to get your computer fixed. If she's having trouble then online meeting is a good possibility (meet in public of course!).

I was on POF for a while, met a couple of nice gals, mostly flakes though. The downside to online dating is it's a bit like being in a candy store, always something new to catch the eye.
Sigh. She will fix her pc when she feels like it. She enjoys what little time she has for alone time when Mom is not needing her. A pc is not her top priority.
I told her to meet someone at the library. Shrug.

I guess it won't be me.

I'm not talking about your friend. I'm talking about women on internet dating sites who have a list of expectations of what they want and don't really say anything about themselves. I thought that was obvious since we were discussing dating websites. No need to get all defensive.

I guess it won't be me.

I'm not talking about your friend. I'm talking about women on internet dating sites who have a list of expectations of what they want and don't really say anything about themselves. I thought that was obvious since we were discussing dating websites. No need to get all defensive.
I was not talking to you. So who is getting defensive now?

Why couldn't she reply to Woman's basic instinct and club a prospective mate over the head with a club and drag him back to her cave by the hair? Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back