Men who like spicy food are actually more alpha

I like my food somewhere between hellfire and oh my god it burns
We'd get along great at restaurants. I don't REALLY enjoy food unless its spicy. I can appreciate non-spicy food but it's not my preference.....at all.

Nice. Yea I'm that guy who always asks for extra spicy and they give me that doubtful look until they see me eat it. My favorite local thai place closed and that was the only place that understood me :(
Ha!! I love Thai. This place near my house serves Jungle Curry and its hot as hell, not to mention delicious. I also hit up an Indian Restaurant that has heat levels of 1,2,3,4 and Desi Hot. As you can imagine the desi is fierce. In all honesty its too much because all you taste is the heat. The food no longer has any flavor because of the over powering heat. I stay with 4 which is still blazing hot but you can at least taste the food.

Went to a Korean restaurant in Seattle; had never had specifically Korean before. They had "hot, extra hot, really hot" and at the top, "Korean hot". I said, "I'm from New Orleans -- bring it on".

And they did. Oh how they did.

This place for one took me seriously. I probably made some soup out of the tears dripping into the food. And I loved every bite. Hottest food I ever had out of my own kitchen experiments, which are best not detailed.

Now that's what I call service. :)

We'd get along great at restaurants. I don't REALLY enjoy food unless its spicy. I can appreciate non-spicy food but it's not my preference.....at all.

Nice. Yea I'm that guy who always asks for extra spicy and they give me that doubtful look until they see me eat it. My favorite local thai place closed and that was the only place that understood me :(
Ha!! I love Thai. This place near my house serves Jungle Curry and its hot as hell, not to mention delicious. I also hit up an Indian Restaurant that has heat levels of 1,2,3,4 and Desi Hot. As you can imagine the desi is fierce. In all honesty its too much because all you taste is the heat. The food no longer has any flavor because of the over powering heat. I stay with 4 which is still blazing hot but you can at least taste the food.

Thai and indian are my 2 favorite foods.

Same here. There is a Thai spot in walking distance from my house that the very best spicy noodle soup I've tasted. I could have it every day.

NICE!! Me 2 :)

Went to a Korean restaurant in Seattle; had never had specifically Korean before. They had "hot, extra hot, really hot" and at the top, "Korean hot". I said, "I'm from New Orleans -- bring it on".

And they did. Oh how they did.

This place for one took me seriously. I probably made some soup out of the tears dripping into the food. And I loved every bite. Hottest food I ever had out of my own kitchen experiments, which are best not detailed.

Now that's what I call service. :)

Love spicy food\

Went into this restaurant once in Bangkok, a little mom and pop place and ordered Gai med ma moung. the little old lady asked me hot hot I wanted it, I told her to make it like her husband was going to eat it himself.

A few minutes later a little man came wandering out of the kitchen "you no hot. American, I make special mild dish"

Anyway I convinced him to turn up the heat.

WOW , so hot you almost couldn't taste the chicken, or the peanuts, or anything else. But of course I ate it LOL

Same here. There is a Thai spot in walking distance from my house that the very best spicy noodle soup I've tasted. I could have it every day.

NO ONE believes a liberal is alpha

:fu:

See what you did? Now yer gonna have to put yerself on Ignore.

See what you did? Now yer gonna have to put yerself on Ignore.

What did Pogo say? I can't read the Beta's posts..

I dunno about this study -- I loooove me some spicy food, I constantly challenge Thai restaurants to bring out something more than "gringo hot" and then send it back -- and I'm as gentle as they come. :eusa_angel:

As we age our taste buds dim too, so we need more flavor than we used to (and kids can't handle the heat).

I used to love this stuff when it came out, made with Scotch Bonnet peppers -- unfortunately they've since changed the forumla to a mustard base, which is useless in this application. I like my mustard too but it's not the point of a hot sauce ....

10672_005-Colon-Cleaner-scharfe-Sauce-OK.jpg

High_Gravity should be in on this...

I love spicy foods! I'm always putting jalapenos and serrano peppers in my recipes even when it doesn't call for it for more of a kick!

Ha! I suppose that would depend on how one classifies an Alpha male. lol

Love hot peppers!!
I've only come across food that was to hot twice.
Once in a wing place that used damn near straight capsaicin.
The other a sauce from Chat-n-Chill in the Xumas. Pretty sure he fixed me up with a special blend when I told him his sauce wasnt all that hot.

I can eat most peppers,the hottest I've tried to date is the scorpion pepper.
VERY hot but as I've found with most of the so called "super hot" peppers the heat doesnt last that long,in fact I've had Jalapeno peppers that were worse just because the heat just wouldnt stop.

say's the beta with delusions of being an alpha.
A true alpha never has to state it .it just is .
guess that leaves you out.

LOL you know I'm bustin balls

LOL you know I'm bustin balls

What's the point of having them if they can't be busted? lol

I think some people eat spicy foods because they enjoy the flavor. Others do it to try and show how tough they are. The first might be more alpha, but the second type is not.

I love spicy food. But spicy is meant to flavor the food, not become the only flavor.

Forum List

Back