Merry Christmas! North Pole Forecast To Be 50 Degrees Warmer Than Normal This Week

All the articles and commentary about the abnormally warm Arctic weather has pointed out that sit came from the south and that Arctic air has moved to the south - to the US midwest and east coast for one.

However, melting ice has always been a process with a strong positive feedback potential. Replacing white ice with black water, despite the low sun, has a dramatic effect on albedo.
WTF are you talking about "....despite a low sun, has a dramatic effect on albedo" .. now? when there is no sun inside the arctic circle what is the albedo supposed to reflect? Star light ? ..."absorbed" star light has a "positive feed back effect".???
Wow !

Last edited:
Ice extents year round have been dropping. A severe drop in any part of the year will reduce the baseline and lower the year round albedo.

NOAA's peer-reviewed report said air temperatures over the Arctic from October 2015 to September 2016 were 'by far the highest in the observational record beginning in 1900.'

3B58DB5600000578-4030086-image-m-3_1481659173458.jpg

The North Pole is forecast to warm up to 27.5 degrees Celsius (50 Fahrenheit) higher than normal on Thursday. This map shows temperatures across the Arctic from October 2015-September 2016 compared to the 1981-2010 average

3B58DB5600000578-4030086-image-m-5_1481659210750.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE
The graph shows yearly temperatures since 1900 compared to the 1981-2010 average for the Arctic (orange line) and the globe (gray). NOAA Climate.gov map based on NCEP reanalysis data from NOAA's Earth System Research Lab

The average Arctic air temperature at that time was 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the 1981-2010 average.

It's 3.5 degrees Celsius (6.3 degrees) warmer than 1900.

Read more: North Pole 27.5°C hotter than normal tomorrow as Arctic temperatures hit 'extreme' highs | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Definately warming up.

585afe8b1800002c00e43ff0.jpeg

For the second year in a row, the Arctic is way hotter than it’s supposed to be.

Temperatures in the Arctic are predicted to soar nearly 50 degrees above normal on Thursday in a pre-Christmas heat wave that will bring the frozen tundra scarily close to the melting point.

It’s the second year in a row the North Pole ― now in perpetual darkness after saying goodbye to the sun in late October ― has seen abnormally high temperatures around the Christmas holiday. It’s also the second time this year. In November, temperatures in the region skyrocketed 36 degrees above normal.

The weather forecast adds to a string of climate change-related indicators setting off serious warning bells in 2016. Polar sea ice is at record lows, and during last month’s heat wave, the region lost 19,000 square miles of it in just five days. The National Snow and Ice Data Center called the melt an “almost unprecedented occurrence.”

A graphic representation of this week’s predicted departure from average shows a giant red blob hovering over the pole. But red doesn’t accurately describe the forecast, which is so far above normal that it’s off the chart.

585afeea1c000011070ecea7.jpeg

The current heat wave has been caused by a few different factors, including what The Washington Post calls a “powerhouse storm east of Greenland” that’s pulling warm air up to the Arctic. The lack of sea ice, which usually acts as a temperature buffer, also has allowed warm air northward.

An analysis of the warming trends over the past several months conducted by scientists associated with the outlet Climate Central noted the low sea ice levels and unprecedented heat waves would be “extremely unlikely ... in the absence of human-induced climate change.”

The group of researchers warned that these anomalies could very well become the norm without urgent action to halt climate change and the release of planet-warming greenhouse gases.

“If nothing is done to slow climate change, by the time global warming reaches 2 ºC (3.6 ºF), events like this winter would become common at the North Pole, happening every few years,” the scientists wrote.

More: North Pole Forecast To Be 50 Degrees Warmer Than Normal This Week

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
Yeah--it's 50 Degrees warmer because all the cold air is HERE instead. Damn, keep it where it belongs! If I wanted to live in the Arctic I would have moved there.

No one has even suggested that the Arctic was going to remain 20-30F (or 50F) above normal temps from this point on. It is simply an occurrence once extremely rare and now, due to global warming and the physics of air movement in and out of the poles, one growing more common.

And it is going to take the curve of that ice extents graph further and further down and, given the long term trend, it is NOT going to catch back up to any degree. And the point at which we have our first ice-free summer has been drawn that much closer.

DID I MISS IT?

Posters Billy Bob (the meteorologist and atmospheric physicist) and Crusader Frank (who, to be honest, was likely only following his hero Billy Bob) both claimed that the high Arctic temperatures and massive ice extent deviation were due to several satellite 'glitches' or failures. I and others have repeatedly asked to see reports of these glitches but I'm afraid I've yet to see a one. Did I miss it? Can someone point me to the announcement? Surely posters with their technical prowess and argumentative principles would not have made such statements without something to base them on. Where are they?

No one has even suggested that the Arctic was going to remain 20-30F (or 50F) above normal temps from this point on. It is simply an occurrence once extremely rare and now, due to global warming and the physics of air movement in and out of the poles, one growing more common.

And it is going to take the curve of that ice extents graph further and further down and, given the long term trend, it is NOT going to catch back up to any degree. And the point at which we have our first ice-free summer has been drawn that much closer.
So it's an isolated weather event that you're claiming is evidence of manmade global climate warming change

DID I MISS IT?

Posters Billy Bob (the meteorologist and atmospheric physicist) and Crusader Frank (who, to be honest, was likely only following his hero Billy Bob) both claimed that the high Arctic temperatures and massive ice extent deviation were due to several satellite 'glitches' or failures. I and others have repeatedly asked to see reports of these glitches but I'm afraid I've yet to see a one. Did I miss it? Can someone point me to the announcement? Surely posters with their technical prowess and argumentative principles would not have made such statements without something to base them on. Where are they?

I've been posting the Arctic temperatures, today they span from -2F to -31F.

Where's the "warming"?

Arctic Weather Map

Last edited:
Where is the report of the satellite glitch you claimed was the cause of the reported warming Frank? In an earlier post, you claimed you had already posted it multiple times. Just point us to one of those posts, eh.

Krenkel Island Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Krenkel Island, Russia

32 on thursday, 16 at present

Svalbard/Longyear Airport Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Svalbard/Longyear Airport, Norway

39 on thursday, 25 right now

Vize Island Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Vize Island, Russia

20 on wednesday, 4 right now.

Mould Bay Airport Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Mould Bay Airport, Canada

33 yesterday, 9 right now

Arctic Weather Map

There, now I cherry picked the warm temperatures in the Arctic for you. Also, there is a high there of 25 at present, so you are also a bald faced liar, Comrade Frankie boi. That is what happens when you cherry pick from a site and then lie about what the site says.

DID I MISS IT?

Funny:

You ADMIT this is purely a natural variation weather event... Then run to "gullible warming" as if were too stupid to see your BS double talk....

Are you drinking heavily again?

Where is the report of the satellite glitch you claimed was the cause of the reported warming Frank? In an earlier post, you claimed you had already posted it multiple times. Just point us to one of those posts, eh.

Show us where the temperature is "30F above normal"

Comrade Frankie boi, I showed you where the temperature was 39 on Thursday, and 25 right now. Svalbard,.

Krenkel Island Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Krenkel Island, Russia

32 on thursday, 16 at present

Svalbard/Longyear Airport Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Svalbard/Longyear Airport, Norway

39 on thursday, 25 right now

Vize Island Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Vize Island, Russia

20 on wednesday, 4 right now.

Mould Bay Airport Weather Station Record - Historical weather for Mould Bay Airport, Canada

33 yesterday, 9 right now

Arctic Weather Map

There, now I cherry picked the warm temperatures in the Arctic for you. Also, there is a high there of 25 at present, so you are also a bald faced liar, Comrade Frankie boi. That is what happens when you cherry pick from a site and then lie about what the site says.

Pathetic. Truly pathetic. Hopefully Santa brought you some dignity.

9F Barrow Airport 1PM est
-17F Golomjannyj Island, Russia
-33 Eureka Airport
-26 Kotelny Is

All around the cardinal points in the Arctic

Arctic Weather Map

I post from here almost daily just to show you that the temperature is not "30F above normal"

Forum List

Back