🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Message To NY City Cops

Well it looks the gangs, the thugs and the criminals have gotten MORE violent over 35 years. You don't like them don't ever call for their service. simple
Violence levels in New York have been declining since the 1970s. NY cops appear to be just about as viscous as they ever were. Why aren't you outraged?
That is patently false.
While the number of reported crimes has fallen ( per 100,000 population) the incidents themselves AND the ferocity of incidents has gotten more violent.
The bottom line is while overall there are fewer reported violent crimes, the severity of the violent nature of crime has in fact increased.
Add in the fact that many cities are now refusing to report their crime data to the FBI.
Look, there is a well documented increase in the lack of civility across the US. It is a shift in cultural mores

So dead people are now deader?

Why should the cops stop the offenders? They're pigs, right?

35 years ago the police had standards of height and weight. A cop would be big and burly enough to do that.
Thirty five years ago street cops would retire after twenty or thirty years of patrol service and brag about never having to pull their guns in the line of duty; obviously, you can't prohibit half of humanity from police work if you expect to find enough qualified recruits; however, elimination size and gender requirements forced a rethinking of how street cops enforce command presence. Maybe another generation or two will solve the problem?
Unless there is a radical evolution in the human species, female humans are not going to get any larger or acquire more physical prowess.
Figure it out.
Now. that is not to say that women cannot be trained in martial arts to overcome any physical inferiororities.
Yes, a woman with the proper training can be capable of bringing down a much larger person with relative ease.
I have trained with both men and women in a martial art which I will for purposes of integrity I will not name. In my classes, the women are not treated any differently than the men. The results of the training are quite remarkable
I think you're right. I've believed for sometime if all police officers are required to spend X number of hours on the firing range each month they should also be required to spend 2X hours every months in empty handed self defense. That would not completely compensate for the advantage size has when it comes to intimidation without resorting to violence, but it might reduce the number of civilians shot by cops every year.

35 years ago the police had standards of height and weight. A cop would be big and burly enough to do that.
Thirty five years ago street cops would retire after twenty or thirty years of patrol service and brag about never having to pull their guns in the line of duty; obviously, you can't prohibit half of humanity from police work if you expect to find enough qualified recruits; however, elimination size and gender requirements forced a rethinking of how street cops enforce command presence. Maybe another generation or two will solve the problem?
Unless there is a radical evolution in the human species, female humans are not going to get any larger or acquire more physical prowess.
Figure it out.
Now. that is not to say that women cannot be trained in martial arts to overcome any physical inferiororities.
Yes, a woman with the proper training can be capable of bringing down a much larger person with relative ease.
I have trained with both men and women in a martial art which I will for purposes of integrity I will not name. In my classes, the women are not treated any differently than the men. The results of the training are quite remarkable
I think you're right. I've believed for sometime if all police officers are required to spend X number of hours on the firing range each month they should also be required to spend 2X hours every months in empty handed self defense. That would not completely compensate for the advantage size has when it comes to intimidation without resorting to violence, but it might reduce the number of civilians shot by cops every year.

They should be dont. Because command brass wants boots on streets not in training all the time.

I knew quite a few who took martial arts in their off time. But many PDs dont train adequately.

Eric Garner wasn't shot, he was choked to death. Perhaps big and burly is part of the problem.
Eric Garner brought his own tragedy on by being a douche

So someone deserves to die for being frustrated and IN your mind, a douche?
That is NOT what he stated or implied......And YOU know it.
The police are not simply just going to "walk away" just because someone resists a lawful inquiry, detainment or arrest.
I have heard the cries.. "He was just selling 'looseys"....Or, it was a misdemeanor. Why couldn't they just leave the guy alone"...
Here's the rub...We are a nation of laws. Those laws are witnessed and enforced by police officers. Enforcement is their JOB....Filure to do so by decree of political correctness or " well it was just this once/little thing" is a path to anarchy. We cannot as a civilized society, have this.
That day Eric Garner decided HE was not going to be arrested. He decided to challenge lawful authority. He decided to engage in a physical confrontation with police officers in the process of their lawful and sworn duties.
The left wing media got it wrong. The race baiting Sharptons got it wrong.

Bullshit. They could have written him a ticket, just like they do for minor traffic offenses.

And when he doesnt pay it and they issue a warrant for his arrest...and he resists? Hes a long time repeat offender. He wasnt going to comply with tickets.

Well it looks the gangs, the thugs and the criminals have gotten MORE violent over 35 years. You don't like them don't ever call for their service. simple
stop being an apologist for bad cops who make all good cops look bad.

people like you need to stop and look in the mirror
There are plenty of cops albeit a small percentage of the overall, that make all cops look bad.
The media is too quick to jump on LEO's that screw up. And very slow to report on the good they do..
In fact here's an example.
Over the holidays, many PD's decided to have their officers "play Santa Claus"..The ploy was to make what appeared to be legitimate traffic stops. The Officer would strike up a conversation with the motorist all the while convincing the driver they were getting a citation. The conversation was steered by the officer to what the motorist was doing for Christmas, gifts they had attended to buy, etc. Meanwhile the Officer had on him a "wire" that would be heard to others. As soon the others heard the driver's comments on gifts. they would buy from a local store the driver's mention of gifts he or she had in mind....The crew would dash to the location of the "traffic stop" and they and the police officer would present the gifts to the driver.
This was all over youtube and reported on some but not all news outlets.
ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN? .....Not a peep

Basically the media needs drama to attract viewers because sponsors and corporate commercials want...viewers.

The media will smear and attack ANYONE for profit. And most of them hate capitalism. Imagine that.

Figure it out.

They should be dont. Because command brass wants boots on streets not in training all the time.

I knew quite a few who took martial arts in their off time. But many PDs dont train adequately.
I often wonder why in so many of those videos we see on TV or on youtube of ordinary civilians being able to over match police officers in had to hand struggles.
IMO this is unacceptable. The PO should always have the upper hand.
If I were in charge of a department, I would make martial arts ( preferably krav maga) training mandatory.
No way would I want my officers have to rely on non lethals when they can tie up and painfully put down an "uncooperative"...
We just had an incident in a nearby city such as this.
The PO was doing off duty security for a restaurant. A fight broke out. The police officer went in to separate the combatants. Two others jumped the Cop. The Cop was forced to first use his pepper spray. Then the tazer. Once he was out of these options he had to draw his weapon. As a result of the attack, one of the two that attacked the PO suffered a gun shot wound. Three are awaiting trial including the one shot by the PO.
IMO, had the PO been properly trained, he could have been able to subdue the aggressor, which would most likely have caused the others to back off.

Figure it out.

I often wonder why in so many of those videos we see on TV or on youtube of ordinary civilians being able to over match police officers in had to hand struggles.
If I were in charge of a department, I would make martial arts ( preferably krav maga) training mandatory.
No way would I want my officers have to rely on non lethals when they can tie up and painfully put down an "uncooperative"...
The PO was doing off duty security for a restaurant. A fight broke out. The police officer went in to separate the combatants. Two others jumped the Cop. The Cop was forced to first use his pepper spray. Then the tazer. Once he was out of these options he had to draw his weapon. As a result of the attack, one of the two that attacked the PO suffered a gun shot wound. Three are awaiting trial including the one shot by the PO.
IMO, had the PO been properly trained, he could have been able to subdue the aggressor, which would most likely have caused the others to back off.

Many cops do martial arts. Heres the rub though...

The cops who have great hand to hand training and ability are often the most calm because they dont panic. They are confident. And often that confidence exudes in posture and presence...and crooks like Michael Brown decide they dont want a fight.

Criminals will test weak and timid cops and those cops often are the ones who panic and...well defend themselves.

Its not easy recruiting and training cops. And with man power issues combined with workers comp lawsuits...intense hand to hand training on a regular basis is rare. Some have paramilitary style academies similar to boot camp...like Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, LAPD. But even with that...its useless 5 years later without practicing.

Figure it out.

Many cops do martial arts. Heres the rub though...

The cops who have great hand to hand training and ability are often the most calm because they dont panic. They are confident. And often that confidence exudes in posture and presence...and crooks like Michael Brown decide they dont want a fight.

Criminals will test weak and timid cops and those cops often are the ones who panic and...well defend themselves.

Its not easy recruiting and training cops. And with man power issues combined with workers comp lawsuits...intense hand to hand training on a regular basis is rare. Some have paramilitary style academies similar to boot camp...like Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, LAPD. But even with that...its useless 5 years later without practicing.
Practice....I agree 100% ...I was taking Krav Maga....I had to stop because the workout really beat me up...Sore as hell the next day made it tough to work. Sometimes I felt like the Tin Man after a rain storm......The other reason is I just did not have the time to practice/go to all the classes.
We were told that if we don't practice or go to classes regularly it doesn't help because in order to be effective what we have learned must be second nature.
I am glad I have retained what I've learned. But I am not by any means trained enough to the point where it's second nature.

Gawd, reading a liberal spew is like reading something from a kid in grade school. And they can't just write one paragraph to say she thinks the cops are embarrassing. they have to write a frikken book before they get to the POINT...... that author should look a mirror she want's to see an, embarrassment
Author's name is John Lurie. He never says the cops are embarrassing. He says certain cops are embarrassing. He supports the NYPD, but tells them turning their backs on people at memorial services is as childish as your posts.

You commented and had so many facts wrong. par for the course Stephanie Link sent to Dante by the FAMILY of a NYPD Officer: Message To NY City Cops

The cops at the funeral turned their back on the Mayor, PERIOD!

The cops who turned their backs on DeBlasio are the same cops who run into burning buildings, who marched into a crumbling WTC on 9/11 and have taken bullets and lost their lives for all the citizens of NYC.

You're a clueless idiot. Cops are much more accountable these days. The good old days included cracking skulls with hardwood and not a goddamn thing done about it. Not that it was all bad. But to imply it's worse now is silly. The waving of emotional red flags in front of emotional audiences is what's out of control. Maybe in a few generations we will go back to reporting instead of each journalist trying to outdo each other in sensationalism in order to be a hero.
The good old days included cops taking suspects into an alley and introducing them to a practiced baton. Interrogation was done in a windowless room with a rubber hose. Bad neighborhoods had one beat cop. Emphasis on the beat.

Gawd, reading a liberal spew is like reading something from a kid in grade school. And they can't just write one paragraph to say she thinks the cops are embarrassing. they have to write a frikken book before they get to the POINT...... that author should look a mirror she want's to see an, embarrassment
Author's name is John Lurie. He never says the cops are embarrassing. He says certain cops are embarrassing. He supports the NYPD, but tells them turning their backs on people at memorial services is as childish as your posts.

You commented and had so many facts wrong. par for the course Stephanie Link sent to Dante by the FAMILY of a NYPD Officer: Message To NY City Cops

you're an imbecile .

You're a clueless idiot. Cops are much more accountable these days. The good old days included cracking skulls with hardwood and not a goddamn thing done about it. Not that it was all bad. But to imply it's worse now is silly. The waving of emotional red flags in front of emotional audiences is what's out of control. Maybe in a few generations we will go back to reporting instead of each journalist trying to outdo each other in sensationalism in order to be a hero.
The good old days included cops taking suspects into an alley and introducing them to a practiced baton. Interrogation was done in a windowless room with a rubber hose. Bad neighborhoods had one beat cop. Emphasis on the beat.
I'd prefer either to being shot dead

just sayin

you're an imbecile .

I suppose you actually believe they were turning their backs on the family members of their fellow officers.

Forum List

Back