Meta CEO admits Biden-Harris admin pressured company to censor Americans

Actually, the 1st DOES give you the freedom to lie and deceive. If it did not, democrats wouldn't win elections. There are specific situations where speech can be legally censored, such as in advertising, written contracts, and cases of libel. Pretty much everything else is allowed, as it should be. Why do you persist in thinking that the government will always only censor speech you don't like?

I'll support the government censoring speech when I am appointed arbiter of what is acceptable speech. Deal?

Lying during a Presidential campaign in order to influence that campaign IS ILLEGAL. At least in the state of New York.
Lies? Why would Zuckerberg express regret over giving in to their demands if the information was incorrect? Maybe you should read what he actually said.

I did read exactly what he said. He said that some of the fringe humour that he deleted should not have been deleted. He didn’t say anything about the grifters, liars and fraud artists who were selling prescriptions for ivermectin or hydroxychloriquine.

This is typical of right wing propaganda. They take a kernel of truth and spin through several layers of right wing media until the claim bears no relation to the truth at all.

Right wing media is certainly is succeeding in their goal of gaslighting the American public until they don’t know fact from fantasy.

You’re a prime example of that.

what kind of harm are you referring to? give us an example of where it was used.

Why don’t you provide us with content that you think should not have been deleted, and will tell you whether it should have been.

Given that you seem to know what you’re talking about and we haven’t the vaguest idea of what was deleted. You’d better provide the links you want covered.

Stop being a lazy fuck and asking everybody else to provide you with proof. Start start providing us with evidence that Democrats are doing the things you claim they’re doing.

And I’m not talking the right wing media bullshit either I’m talking real hard evidence.

Lying during a Presidential campaign in order to influence that campaign IS ILLEGAL. At least in the state of New York.
Interesting. If that were actually enforced across the board, no candidate would say anything in New York, at least no democrat would. Yet they do, which kind of demolishes your little theory there.

Let's say the bully says that he knows who among your customers are criminals that want to taste your lemonade, then bad mouth it to all the other customers, driving them to your competition. Surely, he's acting in everyone's best interests, right?

I'll agree to the government preventing misinformation when I am appointed the arbiter of what constitutes misinformation.
I know it when I see it! we will control the message

Why don’t you provide us with content that you think I should not have been deleted, and will tell you whether it should have been.

Given that you seem to know what you’re talking about and we haven’t figured that idea of what shit you mean you’d better provide the links you want covered.

Stop being a lazy, fucking asking everybody else to provide you with proof and you start providing us with evidence that Democrats are doing the things you claim they’re doing.

And I’m not talking the right wing media bullshit either I’m talking real hard evidence.
I'll be glad to go along with censoring speech if I am appointed to arbitrate what is acceptable. If you don't like that idea, don't give the government power to appoint someone to do it.

Let's put it this way, who in the TRUMP! administration would you trust with the power to stop "misinformation"?

Actually, the 1st DOES give you the freedom to lie and deceive. If it did not, democrats wouldn't win elections. There are specific situations where speech can be legally censored, such as in advertising, written contracts, and cases of libel. Pretty much everything else is allowed, as it should be. Why do you persist in thinking that the government will always only censor speech you don't like?

I'll support the government censoring speech when I am appointed arbiter of what is acceptable speech. Deal?

Why don’t you provide us with content that you think I should not have been deleted, and will tell you whether it should have been.
why don't you answer my question rather than diverting to your question. huh? demofk tactic 101. LMFAO. Canadian.

Obviously, they're not enforcing that law across the board because democrats are still campaigning in New York and not going to jail for it.

Why is it short-sighted? I promise to be very fair.

You know I'm pointing out the elephant in the room. Once you give the government the power to control speech, the true power falls on the persons assigned the authority to define when that power is used. Tell you what, who in the TRUMP! administration would you trust with the authority to dictate acceptable speech? Because you know that, sooner or later, a president WILL come into power who will squash speech you like.
They don’t have the power to control speech and never did. You fail to realize they were not actually in control. Facebook was.

it is not. I just posted scamala lying about visiting the border. Lester Holt called her out. so, shut the fk up canadian and stick to your nonsense country.

FB was under pressure from the government.
What part of that do you not understand, Ms. Contrary-pants?
:rolleyes:

The moroner you're responding to actually defended Biden showering with his daughter, saying it was 'normal'. It only likes to spam threads to get them off topic and keep everyone preoccupied responding to their bullshit lies, don't take the bait. Refuting its ridiculous claims is a complete waste of time, better to ignore it.

They don’t have the power to control speech and never did. You fail to realize they were not actually in control. Facebook was.
Actually, the government through FB was in control, because FB gave it to them.

Whenever the government says, "shut down this speech" and FB says, "Yessir, how high do I jump this time?", they're giving the government control.
Not according to Zuckerberg. He specifically said the decision was made by Facebook always.

For years you lying fools have called Zuckerberg every name in the book and now you're supporting him?????

"Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg told a U.S. congressional committee that senior Biden administration officials pressured the company to censor certain COVID-19 content during the pandemic, and that the company made choices it would not make today."

Wow. How horrible.

Donald Trump lied to the American people about covid and over 1,200,000 Americans died as a result, and your concern is that Americans weren't allowed to say anything they wanted about the virus.

You mistake "freedom of speech" with a "license to grift".
I support him going to jail, right beside the Biden admin, who pressured him to suppress speech! You are canadian what do you know of freedom

Forum List

Back