Biden administration and social media censorship.

You said: “Free speech in this case is: The government can say whatever it likes, as long as it doesn't lock people up for speech which is protected.”

The constitutional right to free speech has absolutely nothing to do with what the government has the right to say.

You also said: “Literally had they gone to Meta and said "do this, or there will be consequences" then yes, it might have violated the 1A.”

I never said the 1A was violated.

You also said: “The "principle" of the freedom of speech is this: You can say whatever you like, as long as it doesn't infringe other people's freedoms.”

1.)
As far as I know, there is no law or amendment about free speech between citizens.

2.) The principle of the 1A is free speech without government infringement. This is why, as I said, Biden’s actions are questionable.

You also said: “Meta can say "fuck you" or "we're ever so sorry sire, but we would rather not" or whatever.

And that's what happened.”

But it was NOT what happened. Meta acquiesced to presidential and government pressure and censored user content.

Half the things you’ve said have either been patently false, a misunderstanding of the 1st Amendment or due to misconstruction of my words.

I can't be bothered.

Your 1) is fucking hilarious. You go on about the principles of free speech, now when I bring up a conversation we had ABOUT THE FUCKING PRINCIPLES OF FREE SPEECH you fuck off and talk about no law about it.

How can anyone have a conversation with someone who either A) can't remember shit they spoke about in a previous post (even though they could literally go back and look at it) or B) Is so fucking dishonest and is just here to troll people.

Bye bye, maybe we can continue this once you've learned some stuff (from other people).

I can't be bothered.

To what, post more falsehoods?
Your 1) is fucking hilarious.

Why? It’s the truth: as far as I know, there is no law about free speech between citizens. If you know of one, tell me.
You go on about the principles of free speech,

No, I did not. I talked about the principle of the 1st Amendment. Namely, free speech without government infringement.
now when I bring up a conversation we had ABOUT THE FUCKING PRINCIPLES OF FREE SPEECH you fuck off and talk about no law about it.

Because there IS no law, as far as I know. Also because we’re talking about the 1A.
How can anyone have a conversation with someone who either A) can't remember shit they spoke about in a previous post (even though they could literally go back and look at it) or B) Is so fucking dishonest and is just here to troll people.

The problem is not me misremembering what I said, the problem is you misconstruing what I said.
Bye bye, maybe we can continue this once you've learned some stuff (from other people).
Or maybe when you can actually understand what I’m saying.

I'm not reading it in the hope of finding out what it is you want to tell me. Either tell me, or don't.
1724833659105.jpeg

Forum List

Back