Biden administration and social media censorship.

Mark Zuckerberg admits that the Biden Administration pressured Meta into censoring US citizens. Vehemently denied by the loons on the left now we have direct conformation.
I doubt anyone denied the admin expressed a desire that social media platforms be responsible by not allowing content containing dangerous misinformation. The question was whether they censored free speech. They didn't.

In a statement to Politico, the White House said: “When confronted with a deadly pandemic, this Administration encouraged responsible actions to protect public health and safety.”

“Our position has been clear and consistent: we believe tech companies and other private actors should take into account the effects their actions have on the American people, while making independent choices about the information they present,” it added.

The story is a rehash of a nothingburger.

The point is that Biden should NEVER have made that request of Meta in the first place.
Of course he should have. It would have been irresponsible not to.

trump threatened legal action when the media printed unflattering stories about him. Biden was trying to prevent misinformation from harming the public. See the difference?

I doubt anyone denied the admin expressed a desire that social media platforms be responsible by not allowing content containing dangerous misinformation. The question was whether they censored free speech.

In a statement to Politico, the White House said: “When confronted with a deadly pandemic, this Administration encouraged responsible actions to protect public health and safety.”

“Our position has been clear and consistent: we believe tech companies and other private actors should take into account the effects their actions have on the American people, while making independent choices about the information they present,” it added.

Information was censored about Ivermectin, now we know it helped people with covid. If Biden was behind it, he has more blood on his hand.

Of course he should have. It would have been irresponsible not to.

trump threatened legal action when the media printed unflattering stories about him. Biden was trying to prevent misinformation from harming the public. See the difference?
Like ivermectin? We now know it was an effective drug to help people with covid.

/---/ Are you serious?

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

I doubt anyone denied the admin expressed a desire that social media platforms be responsible by not allowing content containing dangerous misinformation. The question was whether they censored free speech. They didn't.

And who decides what is “dangerous information”? Like the true story of the laptop that would have given Trump the win? The Democrat-run government intent on maintaining rule by suppressing information that would hurt its hold on power?

No, it didn't.

Do you understand free speech????

Literally had they gone to Meta and said "do this, or there will be consequences" then yes, it might have violated the 1A.

They didn't.

Free speech in this case is: The government can say whatever it likes, as long as it doesn't lock people up for speech which is protected.

They didn't do this.

You're a complete and total idiot. 🤡

Yeah, I know what "principle" means.

The "principle" of the freedom of speech is this: You can say whatever you like, as long as it doesn't infringe other people's freedoms.

So, Biden can say whatever he likes, as long as it doesn't infringe on other people's freedoms. Which means he can go to Meta and say "hey guys, I don't like what's being posted, can you take it down?"

Meta can say "fuck you" or "we're ever so sorry sire, but we would rather not" or whatever.

And that's what happened.

The "principle" is, and always has been (since freedom of speech became enshrined in the US Constitution at least) that you don't get locked up, or fined or punished by the government if you say what isn't infringing on the rights of others.

The government should not in any way be 'requesting' the censoring of anyone's speech, period.

'Dangerous misinformation' is what lefties spew on here every day.

He told Jordan that in 2021, "senior officials" from the Biden administration and White House "repeatedly pressured our teams for months to censor certain COVID-19 content, including humor and satire."

When Facebook did not agree with the censorship, Zuckerberg said, the Biden administration expressed a lot of frustration.

"Ultimately, it was our decision whether or not to take content down, and we own our decisions, including COVID-19-related changes we made to our enforcement in the wake of this pressure," Zuckerberg wrote. "I believe the government pressure was wrong, and I regret that we were not more outspoken about it.

So, it was THEIR decision.
Too bad Zuckerberg didn't give examples.

"I also think we made some choices that, with the benefit of hindsight and new information, we wouldn’t make today," he added. "Like I said to our teams at the time, I feel strongly that we should not compromise our content standards to pressure from any Administration in either direction – and we’re ready to push back if something like this happens."

FOX Business reached out to the White House for comment regarding the allegations. Facebook declined to comment beyond the text of the letter.

Sounds like another dud to me.
If there was something there, Gym would have blabbed about it.
Why should anyone take your smelly sock ass opinion of online fuckery seriously, :smoke: OP?????

:rolleyes:

Information was censored about Ivermectin, now we know it helped people with covid. If Biden was behind it, he has more blood on his hand.
The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. The FDA has determined that currently available clinical trial data do not demonstrate that ivermectin is effective against COVID 19 in humans.

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. The FDA has determined that currently available clinical trial data do not demonstrate that ivermectin is effective against COVID 19 in humans.
The cdc says you're wrong.

The government should not in any way be 'requesting' the censoring of anyone's speech, period.
Privately held social media companies are not bound by 1st A restrictions when it comes to removing content they determine is untruthful or a danger to the public. It is incumbent on any responsible admin to encourage them to do so.

Privately held social media companies are not bound by 1st A restrictions when it comes to removing content they determine is untruthful or a danger to the public. It is incumbent on any responsible admin to encourage them to do so.

Content THEY deem 'untruthful' or 'a danger', not the fucking government. And only the left finds speech 'a danger', a danger to them and their objective of dumbing down the public. 🤡

And go ahead, keep it up, others will open up platforms that refuse to censor, and people will move there. Money is always king, not your quest for power and control over the 'common man'.

Forum List

Back