Mexico 'won't pay single cent for Trump's stupid wall'

I will trust Trump if he says they will pay for it then I will believe Trump. He has built many 50+story buildings. Do you have any idea how much planning and oversight that takes? the red tape? the budgets? the late fees? fines? employment?

Most of these lifetime Professional Politicians could not plan, implement and carry out a maintenance schedule for a Taco Truck.

Adding a 2% tariff to all goods imported from Mexico = $300 billion X .02 = $6 Billion
We could do it with a 1% tariff and nobody could complain.

How much does the wall cost?

Why would Mexico PAY to stop one of one of their illicit cash cows? Drugs, illegal aliens, that's all they got. They are just working with whatever cheap amoral tools in their toolkit, can you fault them for that?

Source: CNBC

Holly Ellyatt | Hadley Gamble
2 Hours Ago
U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump might want to build a wall across the country's southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, the former Mexican president told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The Presidential hopeful shocked viewers in October by insisting that, if elected, he would build a wall the Mexican border and what's more, Mexico would pay for it. But Felipe Calderon, the former president of Mexico between 2006 and 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for such a device.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he added. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

Read more: Mexico 'won't pay a cent for Trump's stupid wall'

It is highly doubtful that Mexico will pay anything.
They won't have any choice.

Mexico has been stealing from us for decades.
Mexico hasn't been "stealing" anything.

Illegals steal over $4 billion a year by filing for fraudulent child tax credit refunds, sorry to burst your bubble.
That is not "stealing." The mexican state is not "stealing" anything.

The Mexican government makes money enabling illegals to pour into the USA fool.

I will trust Trump if he says they will pay for it then I will believe Trump. He has built many 50+story buildings. Do you have any idea how much planning and oversight that takes? the red tape? the budgets? the late fees? fines? employment?

Most of these lifetime Professional Politicians could not plan, implement and carry out a maintenance schedule for a Taco Truck.

Yes, Trump sits up into the early hours of the morning over his laptop figuring building material logistics, working out engineering problems, like stress load limits, calculating costs per square foot, and designing elevations......

There sure as hell isn't going to be a wall in the Southern Central AZ border. That belongs to an Indian tribe, which is on both sides of the border. They are a sovereign nation, and will not tolerate a US wall splitting their reservation.

This is going to be a big problem for Trump Enterprises. I feel sure that he has been investing in wall building companies....

Indian reservations are not "sovereign nations". They are part of the USA that has been deeded to the indian tribes. The are not separate countries. Are you a complete moron?

Red, I don't have time to educate you. I live next door to this reservation and Border Patrol is allowed in ONLY with their permission. Look it up for yourself. Again, the reservation is half in Mexico, and there is NO checkpoint between the Mexican half and the US half, except one that is manned by by their own people.

You said that indian reservations were sovereign nat
There sure as hell isn't going to be a wall in the Southern Central AZ border. That belongs to an Indian tribe, which is on both sides of the border. They are a sovereign nation, and will not tolerate a US wall splitting their reservation.

This is going to be a big problem for Trump Enterprises. I feel sure that he has been investing in wall building companies....

Indian reservations are not "sovereign nations". They are part of the USA that has been deeded to the indian tribes. The are not separate countries. Are you a complete moron?

Red, I don't have time to educate you. I live next door to this reservation and Border Patrol is allowed in ONLY with their permission. Look it up for yourself. Again, the reservation is half in Mexico, and there is NO checkpoint between the Mexican half and the US half, except one that is manned by by their own people.

you said that indian reservations were sovereign nations, That is not true. They are part of the USA. I don't know the specifics on the one that you say is in both the US and Mexico, but I can guarantee that the federal government thinks that the part in the US is US territory.

If there is no checkpoint at the border, there should be.

I am sure that those who believe in bumper sticker solutions to complex problems would love a wall. The rest of us make a living selling those bumper sticker to those people, so I guess that we should not discourage them.

secure the border first, stop illegal immigration completely, then lets talk about what we do after that.

Sorry, Red. Too many words. Won't fit on a bumper sticker. Delete half of them.

OK, secure the border and enforce our laws.

One of Trump's goofy promises. Mexico has zero reason to pay for it and plenty of reason not to.

We'll take their desperate and unemployed.

wake up people, Trump did not say he was going to send Mexico an invoice and ask them to write us a check. Are you fools really that ignorant?

We can make them pay thru tariffs, foreign aid cuts, fuel sanctions, and several other fiscal means.

It always amazes me how stupid half of this country is.

Ok, so we put tariffs on Mexican products...and they retaliate....like the Ford automobiles which are going to be built there starting next year to be imported into the USA. Guess who will end up paying those tariffs? You guessed it! US Ford customers!

Maybe Ford should be incentivized to move those jobs back to the USA. What an extreme conservative idea. Why do you think Ford moved those US jobs to Mexico? any fricken idea? Unions and taxes, that's why. Our government has been finding ways to screw American businesses for years, and you liberfools beg for more of it.

Mexican labor is ONE FIFTH the cost of US labor...with no health insurance premiums to pay for their workers because Mexico has universal health care. Good luck with that plan. BTW, Trump knows that any tarriffs put on Mexican imports are added to the price that Americans pay for the products. He just assumes that his supporters don't know that. He is right.

Yes, tariffs are added to the price of the foreign product, when they make the price too high, people will buy American products------------that's the whole idea, fool.

You're quoting a former Mexican president? I don't care who pays for it, just build it...then put armed guards all over it.
It's not going to get built. Building it requires that we pay for it and in the ten years since George Bush signed a bill to build it, neither party funded it in Congress.

I am sure that those who believe in bumper sticker solutions to complex problems would love a wall. The rest of us make a living selling those bumper sticker to those people, so I guess that we should not discourage them.

secure the border first, stop illegal immigration completely, then lets talk about what we do after that.

The border will never be secure to the satisfaction of Republicans

It just gives them an excuse to block immigration reform

Neither is true. Securing the border is relatively easy, the current president just doesn't want to do it. Enforcing current immigration law and figuring what to do about the illegals already here are two different endeavors, Until the borders are secure, there will be no sentiment to deal with the illegals already here.

Why exactly do you oppose enforcing our immigration laws? Be specific.

You're quoting a former Mexican president? I don't care who pays for it, just build it...then put armed guards all over it.
It's not going to get built. Building it requires that we pay for it and in the ten years since George Bush signed a bill to build it, neither party funded it in Congress.

so you favor open borders? please explain why

so you favor open borders? please explain why
Didn't say that. I can't help you're retarded and can't understand what people write.

Neither is true. Securing the border is relatively easy, the current president just doesn't want to do it. Enforcing current immigration law and figuring what to do about the illegals already here are two different endeavors, Until the borders are secure, there will be no sentiment to deal with the illegals already here.

It is not easy. It would be extremely expensive and the effectiveness of a physical wall still leaves plenty of options for sneaking into the country, including ladders, tunnels and holes created by various methods, including explosives and ramming. The idea is somewhat silly when you think of it. Promoted mostly by folks who have never witnessed the expanse of the border in person.
The talking point that the border is open is another silly notion along with the talking point that immigration laws are not enforced. Enforcement requires funding and the do nothing Congress that refuses to increase revenue are the people who control the issue.

It is not easy. It would be extremely expensive and the effectiveness of a physical wall still leaves plenty of options for sneaking into the country, including ladders, tunnels and holes created by various methods, including explosives and ramming. The idea is somewhat silly when you think of it. Promoted mostly by folks who have never witnessed the expanse of the border in person.
The talking point that the border is open is another silly notion along with the talking point that immigration laws are not enforced. Enforcement requires funding and the do nothing Congress that refuses to increase revenue are the people who control the issue.

Digging a tunnel is a lot harder than walking across open land.

And considering the talking points the Left uses against enforcing immigration laws, ie Humans have a right to go where they want, or that whites stole the land from the indians, discussing Open Border is completely called for.

Not to mention that ELEVEN MILLION ILLEGALS ARE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY.

Arguing that the border is not "open" when 11 MILLION ILLEGALS ARE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS semantic nonsense.

And considering the talking points the Left uses against enforcing immigration laws, ie Humans have a right to go where they want, or that whites stole the land from the indians, discussing Open Border is completely called for.

Arguing that the border is not "open" when 11 MILLION ILLEGALS ARE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY IS semantic nonsense.
Taking a boat to get around it is much easier than digging a tunnel.

Getting a boat is a lot harder than walking across open ground.

Sure, it's harder than walking across open ground, but such a wall is not going to keep them out.

And again, in almost ten years neither party has had any interest in funding it. They are not going to even if Trump becomes president.

Secure Fence Act of 2006 (2006 - H.R. 6061)

Sure, it's harder than walking across open ground, but such a wall is not going to keep them out.

And again, in almost ten years neither party has had any interest in funding it. They are not going to even if Trump becomes president.

Secure Fence Act of 2006 (2006 - H.R. 6061)

Hence the populist revolution occurring in both parities.

And no President in recent times has made it a priority or spent serious political capital on it.

Forum List

Back