Miami officer shoots, wounds man with a metal pipe in park

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Miami officer shoots wounds man with a metal pipe in park Miami Herald Miami Herald
Looks like cops became completely insane. Does every cop shoot the suspects nowadays? Didn't he have any other means to stop that man armed with a metal pipe? Why didn't he use his taser to stop him? Maybe it would be better to take their guns away so they wouldn't injure and kill people so often? Or maybe it would be great check them for their professional suitability...

damned straight I'd shoot him, if he's closer than 5 yds to me and either takes a step in my direction (after he's aware of me and my gun) OR cocks back his arm as if to throw the pipe. I'd shoot him several times before he could fall, as a matter of fact.

Miami officer shoots wounds man with a metal pipe in park Miami Herald Miami Herald
Looks like cops became completely insane. Does every cop shoot the suspects nowadays? Didn't he have any other means to stop that man armed with a metal pipe? Why didn't he use his taser to stop him? Maybe it would be better to take their guns away so they wouldn't injure and kill people so often? Or maybe it would be great check them for their professional suitability...

{
Miami Police Chief Rodolfo Llanes said the shooting occurred after officers responded to calls about a violent disturbance at Gibson Park. He said the man was shot when he refused to drop the pipe.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article23766151.html#storylink=cpy}

What the fuck is wrong with you?

{
Miami Police Chief Rodolfo Llanes said the shooting occurred after officers responded to calls about a violent disturbance at Gibson Park. He said the man was shot when he refused to drop the pipe.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article23766151.html#storylink=cpy}

Did he do it right, and kill him?

{

Nah, just wounded.

Weild a pipe at a man with a gun? Gotta be too stupid to live!

{

Nah, just wounded.

Weild a pipe at a man with a gun? Gotta be too stupid to live!
There seems to be an epidemic of stupidity going around, or else, lots of people want to be "the dead fool that started the big riots".

We are one long heat wave and a few dead punks from repeating the Summer of '65.

Only this time, the country is full of AR's, AK's and Glocks, not shotguns and six shooters.

This is "iffy".
If the man was threatening people with the pipe then the shooting is justified.
If the man simply refused to drop the pipe and was shot, his relatives are going to receive a handsome settlement.

Good lord, guns do have sights, now what the hell do you suppose they are for? Now if you have a guy with a history of hurting people, then I would shoot to kill if I knew that. Otherwise, a leg shot will take someone down. Really don't care to shoot someone for being mentally ill.

Forum List

Back