🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Miami residents "fed up" with soaring violent crime, lack of cops

The article doesn't say anything you do.

Where is there any mention of 'depolicing'? Its the pay cuts that are blamed for retirements. Not quiting.

A quoted resident literally says "fed up". Read it...or other links to the same story.

There's not the slightest mention of 'depolicing' anywhere in your article. Not even an insinuation.

Depolicing comes in many forms. Difficulty recruiting is one. Depolicing isn't only CURRENT cops not willing to do the job. It includes citizens no longer being willing to take the oath and carry the gun/badge to do the job.

Per the article they are currently reviewing hundreds of candidates They are paying background checkers overtime they have so many applicants.

Again, the article says nothing you do. Not a damn thing.

Cops are Depolicing on duty. Citizens are Depolicing by not volunteering for service.

Says who? Not your article. Who are you quoting?

Few are willing to do the job anymore.

Oh, obviously:

Over the past several weeks, the city has brought in additional background investigators and paid them overtime to slog through a massive queue of hundreds of police applicants.

Miami Police Go Into Recruiting Overdrive Officer.com

Nothing says 'few are willing to do the job' like a massive queue of hundreds of applicants.

You ....you didn't even read the article in the OP, did you?

Haha idiot. Police departments always get thousands of applications.

Laughing....says the hapless moron that didn't even read the article he cited.

And if Miami usually gets thousands of applications before 'depolicing', show me the evidence. You do base your claims on evidence, right? You're not just pulling this out of your ass, making it up as you go along, are you?

Show me. Don't tell me. Show me the thousands of applicants that Miami ordinarily has, but doesn't have now because of depolicing. We both know you're only going to give us excuses why you can't possibly back your bullshit up.

About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements. High school dropouts and gang members apply all the time. "Nobody wants to do the job" means nobody they can or would actually hire. Otherwise they'd just hire the first 1000 to apply. Used to be easier. Used to be 1 in 5 or so would be qualified. Now? 200 applications....maybe 1 is qualified.

Says who? The same moron that cited an article he never read? Remember, that idiot doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Let me demonstrate, with a citation from a Miami Herald article:

"Usually, only about one in 10 applicants will make it through the process and be offered a job, officials said. By that time, many will have accepted positions elsewhere. And rookie officers still must go through a six-month police academy. Officers’ starting salary is $45,929, according to the employment office."

Miami Facing Police Shortage As Officers Retire And Hiring Drags On Labor Relations Information System Labor Relations Information System

So the rate of passage is about 1 in 10. Not 1 in 200. But hey, what's an order of magnitude when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, eh?

You're not very good at this, are you?

Depolicing is a verb. Not a noun. It can happen without being specifically mentioned. Just like a football player can be credited with yards gained without mentioning "running".

Doesn't matter if its an adverb or an adjective, dipshit. Its not mentioned once in your entire article. Its not even insinuated.

You hallucinated the entire thing, pulled sideways out of your ass. You didn't even read the article before you quoted it. You couldn't offer us an accurate account of background check passage, off by about a factor of 20.

Try again, idiot. This time try reading the article you're citing first.

Yes. "Qualified". As in....will make it.

Says you. And you're clueless. Police officials in Miami have a very different story.

"Usually, only about one in 10 applicants will make it through the process and be offered a job, officials said. By that time, many will have accepted positions elsewhere. And rookie officers still must go through a six-month police academy. Officers’ starting salary is $45,929, according to the employment office."

Miami Facing Police Shortage As Officers Retire And Hiring Drags On Labor Relations Information System Labor Relations Information System

A job offer is 'making it through'. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

See where you said they still must go through the academy and FTO training? A lot never make it through those. From day of hire....to first day alone in a car on the street....is a nearly year long process.

Ah, let the back pedal begin. This is what you said, dip:

About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements

Qualitication due to background checks and educational requirements. Those were your standards. Only after I proved you laughably, ludicrously wrong by about 2000% did you shift from background checks and educational requirements.....to police academies and FTO training.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Because you're so good at it.

What do I know? I worked in recruiting at APD while rehabbing injury.

I call bullshit. You citing yourself has so far been laughably, comically worthless. You were off by more than an order of magnitude on how many applications will be qualified due to background checks and educational requirements. With you desperately backpedaling and changing your standards when called your hapless bullshit.

You've provided exactly NOTHING to back your steaming pile of horseshit claim that before 'depolicing' Miami had thousands of applicants. And of course, your article never so much as mentions 'depolicing'.

You do. Citing yourself. Demonstrating yet again how worthless you are a source.

Begone, dipshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

A quoted resident literally says "fed up". Read it...or other links to the same story.

There's not the slightest mention of 'depolicing' anywhere in your article. Not even an insinuation.

Depolicing comes in many forms. Difficulty recruiting is one. Depolicing isn't only CURRENT cops not willing to do the job. It includes citizens no longer being willing to take the oath and carry the gun/badge to do the job.

Per the article they are currently reviewing hundreds of candidates They are paying background checkers overtime they have so many applicants.

Cops are Depolicing on duty. Citizens are Depolicing by not volunteering for service.

Few are willing to do the job anymore.

Oh, obviously:

Over the past several weeks, the city has brought in additional background investigators and paid them overtime to slog through a massive queue of hundreds of police applicants.

Miami Police Go Into Recruiting Overdrive Officer.com

Nothing says 'few are willing to do the job' like a massive queue of hundreds of applicants.

And if Miami usually gets thousands of applications before 'depolicing', show me the evidence. You do base your claims on evidence, right? You're not just pulling this out of your ass, making it up as you go along, are you?

Show me. Don't tell me. Show me the thousands of applicants that Miami ordinarily has, but doesn't have now because of depolicing. We both know you're only going to give us excuses why you can't possibly back your bullshit up.

About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements. High school dropouts and gang members apply all the time. "Nobody wants to do the job" means nobody they can or would actually hire. Otherwise they'd just hire the first 1000 to apply. Used to be easier. Used to be 1 in 5 or so would be qualified. Now? 200 applications....maybe 1 is qualified.

Says who? The same moron that cited an article he never read? Remember, that idiot doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Let me demonstrate, with a citation from a Miami Herald article:

So the rate of passage is about 1 in 10. Not 1 in 200. But hey, what's an order of magnitude when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, eh?

Depolicing is a verb. Not a noun. It can happen without being specifically mentioned. Just like a football player can be credited with yards gained without mentioning "running".

Doesn't matter if its an adverb or an adjective, dipshit. Its not mentioned once in your entire article. Its not even insinuated.

You hallucinated the entire thing, pulled sideways out of your ass. You didn't even read the article before you quoted it. You couldn't offer us an accurate account of background check passage, off by about a factor of 20.

Says you. And you're clueless. Police officials in Miami have a very different story.

A job offer is 'making it through'. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

See where you said they still must go through the academy and FTO training? A lot never make it through those. From day of hire....to first day alone in a car on the street....is a nearly year long process.

Qualitication due to background checks and educational requirements. Those were your standards. Only after I proved you laughably, ludicrously wrong by about 2000% did you shift from background checks and educational requirements.....to police academies and FTO training.

I call bullshit. You citing yourself has so far been laughably, comically worthless. You were off by more than an order of magnitude on how many applications will be qualified due to background checks and educational requirements. With you desperately backpedaling and changing your standards when called your hapless bullshit.

You've provided exactly NOTHING to back your steaming pile of horseshit claim that before 'depolicing' Miami had thousands of applicants. And of course, your article never so much as mentions 'depolicing'.

You do. Citing yourself. Demonstrating yet again how worthless you are a source.

You aren't worth the time to pick apart point by point. "Making it through" is NOT over at the job offer haha! You must get through the screening process...just to step foot into the academy....which washes out a lot of folks. And the ones who make it through that....go to field training. And around 25% don't pass FTO training.

But....what do I know. I only worked in it nearly a decade. You read shit online...you obviously know more.

But Skylard....if you don't believe police recruiting is struggling....everywhere, not just Miami....Google it. You'll find hundreds of links on the topic.

Obviously you aren't educated enough on these topics to discuss one link in context to the bigger picture.

Oh, obviously:

You aren't worth the time to pick apart point by point. "Making it through" is NOT over at the job offer haha! You must get through the screening process...just to step foot into the academy....which washes out a lot of folks. And the ones who make it through that....go to field training. And around 25% don't pass FTO training.

But....what do I know. I only worked in it nearly a decade. You read shit online...you obviously know more.

I live in a rust belt city and have heard of (in the recent past) similar issues with police applicants failing after the job offer, for reasons such as failing the training or the Physicals. They have taken steps to address that.

FYI

I live in a rust belt city and have heard of (in the recent past) similar issues with police applicants failing after the job offer, for reasons such as failing the training or the Physicals. They have taken steps to address that.

FYI

Oh yeah. My academy class started with 87 and graduated 35. Field training isn't as bad...but maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 will fail.

So....if 2000 apply....and 200 are "hireable" after background, credit, physical, etc....they go off to the academy. Maybe 100-120 graduate. 80-90 make it through FTO training. And nationwide....statistics show the average length of career for a cop is 5 years. 50% quit within 5 years.

So of the 2000 applicants in 2015....by 2020 you may have 15 or so who are cops.

Oh, obviously:

Laughing...I caught you red handed changing you standards. With Miami officials citing a number of applicants offered a job 20 times higher than you claimed. I caught you lying about your article, as there's absolutely no mention of 'depolicing' in your entire article, nor the insinuation of it. And you've completely abandoned any claim that the Miami police department used to have 'thousands of applicants' before depolicing......being utterly unable to back any of your bullshit.

Run along, boy. You're clearly out of your depth.

Forum List

Back