🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Miami residents "fed up" with soaring violent crime, lack of cops

Yes....the democrats attack the police, both legally and in their morale.....they get them to stop doing their jobs...then the gun murder rate goes up..and what do the democrats do, they call for more gun control....

Seems like this might be a pattern, after all, Fast and Furious was an attempt to create a false gun crime problem with American guns just before obama was going to push for more gun control.......

Just saying.....

Mayor is a republican.

It's beyond partisanship now.

The majority of good cops...99% of em....are saying fuck it and making SURE they never end up in jail or Page 1A.

The bad ones...the tiny minority...keep doing dumb shit.

Well I certainly don't agree with this anti cop movement. But those blaming Dems are just silly.

Err, it is certainly the dems who are behind it.

Republican mayor

What difference does that make when the feds are likely to step in when a cop shoots another dark skinned thug?

here is a fine example of a democrat with a gun.....

Blog NY man who wounded a fireman died in shootout with police apparently was a Democrat activist

The ensuing six hour standoff ended in a shootout that left the suspect, Garland Tyree, 38, dead. The late Mr. Tyree had an extensive criminal record.

Soopermexican of The Right Scoop took a look at his website and discovered that Mt. Tyree apparently was a Young Democrats activist (in addition to being a member of the Bloods street grang). Here are some of the images he found:

It is interesting to see the number of gangs across the country that are deeply involved with the the democrat party....look up my posts on how Chicago gangs pick aldermen in their neighborhoods....

[...]
Honest people will simply have to suffer for it, or take their protection into their own hands.
That is an observation I fully agree with. The problem is in many (most?) parts of America the ordinary citizen's ability to protect him/herself is severely impeded by prohibitive gun laws.

I live in New Jersey, which has some of the most repressive gun laws in the U.S. I have a clean background, and I have paid to take the most difficult qualification test there is, but my CCW application was rejected. Reason: "No Imposing Need." And if I carry a gun anyway the cops would trip over one another to arrest me.

I need cops for one reason -- to keep an eye on the neighborhood for the purpose of discouraging or capturing burglars. That's all. I have no need for police protection while I'm home. And if I could have a .357 Davis derringer in my pocket while I'm out I certainly would have no need for cops to protect me.

I am 79 years old. I was born and raised in one of the most bad-ass neighborhoods in America -- the Brooklyn Waterfront. I lived in New York City for most of my life and never in my life has a cop ever protected or served me in any personal way. Their presence in society has a deterrent and supervisory effect which makes them a necessary evil. But if our cops would lay off wasting their time on marijuana "offenses," and if they would pay no attention to the peaceful, respectable armed citizen who has broken no laws, the relationship between the public and its police would be vastly improved and the crime rate would plummet!

This ambition of mine is the reason why I strongly advocate a rigid training requirement for all armed citizens. Any citizen who wishes to carry a gun should be as well-trained in its use and safe handling as any police officer. Or they should not be allowed to carry.

[...]
Honest people will simply have to suffer for it, or take their protection into their own hands.
That is an observation I fully agree with. The problem is in many (most?) parts of America the ordinary citizen's ability to protect him/herself is severely impeded by prohibitive gun laws.

I live in New Jersey, which has some of the most repressive gun laws in the U.S. I have a clean background, and I have paid to take the most difficult qualification test there is, but my CCW application was rejected. Reason: "No Imposing Need." And if I carry a gun anyway the cops would trip over one another to arrest me.

I need cops for one reason -- to keep an eye on the neighborhood for the purpose of discouraging or capturing burglars. That's all. I have no need for police protection while I'm home. And if I could have a .357 Davis derringer in my pocket while I'm out I certainly would have no need for cops to protect me.

I am 79 years old. I was born and raised in one of the most bad-ass neighborhoods in America -- the Brooklyn Waterfront. I lived in New York City for most of my life and never in my life has a cop ever protected or served me in any personal way. Their presence in society has a deterrent and supervisory effect which makes them a necessary evil. But if our cops would lay off wasting their time on marijuana "offenses," and if they would pay no attention to the peaceful, respectable armed citizen who has broken no laws, the relationship between the public and its police would be vastly improved and the crime rate would plummet!

This ambition of mine is the reason why I strongly advocate a rigid training requirement for all armed citizens. Any citizen who wishes to carry a gun should be as well-trained in its use and safe handling as any police officer. Or they should not be allowed to carry.

There is no reason the government should prohibit a law abiding citizen from owning or carrying guns for protection......

People need to realize it is a difficult high stress job. They need all the support we can give them.
I support cops who bust real criminals, avoid petty bullshit, do their job according to the rules, and do not behave like Cossacks. The rest I have no use for.

There is no reason the government should prohibit a law abiding citizen from owning or carrying guns for protection......
The crowded, complicated nature of American society is such that simply allowing anyone to own a gun without being fully aware of its proper use and handling is a very dangerous proposition. There is a reason why being licensed to drive calls for a written test and a road test. The same reason exists where owning a dangerous implement like a firearm is concerned.

Instead of wasting money on gun-law enforcement activities government should facilitate affordable, readily available training programs for citizens who cannot pass the required qualification tests.

here is a fine example of a democrat with a gun.....

Blog NY man who wounded a fireman died in shootout with police apparently was a Democrat activist

The ensuing six hour standoff ended in a shootout that left the suspect, Garland Tyree, 38, dead. The late Mr. Tyree had an extensive criminal record.

Soopermexican of The Right Scoop took a look at his website and discovered that Mt. Tyree apparently was a Young Democrats activist (in addition to being a member of the Bloods street grang). Here are some of the images he found:

It is interesting to see the number of gangs across the country that are deeply involved with the the democrat party....look up my posts on how Chicago gangs pick aldermen in their neighborhoods....

Hmmm..so the shooter was a Democrat activist...who ignored NYC assault rifle ban haha

Miami isn't on thislist of 25 most violent cities either...

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities In The USA Cities Journal

Well violent crime is soaring. They have a republican mayor and concealed carry. Go figure.

And those with a concealed carry permit are able to actually protect themselves from the violent democrats.....

I'm pretty sure most criminals don't vote nor have a party. Stop with the silly dem/repub crap, the parties aren't that different. Can't blame the Dems on this city.

Miami Police Go Into Recruiting Overdrive Officer.com

Miami is seeing the same thing many cities are seeing. Depolicing. Cops quitting.

Residents are "fed up" and want to try to fire the leadership due to high violent crime. But....what would a new leader do? In today's new national climate...cops are told to run into chaotic situations....but if you make an error in that tiny split second decision under high stress....you are going to prison. And we want you do do it for mediocre pay, shitty hours, and an existence where society is gonna hate you simply for sharing the same profession as some idiot in another state who broke the law.

Yippee!!! Good job liberals.

The article doesn't say anything you do.

Commissioners have increased police spending by millions of dollars over the past two years in order to bolster the department by 115 cops and bring the city's police staffing to 1,261 officers. But, due largely to retirements spurred by recession-era pay cuts, the city had managed only to tread water on police hirings leading into the summer, leading several commissioners to demand better results.

Where is there any mention of 'depolicing'? Its the pay cuts that are blamed for retirements. Not quiting.

People need to realize it is a difficult high stress job. They need all the support we can give them.
I support cops who bust real criminals, avoid petty bullshit, do their job according to the rules, and do not behave like Cossacks. The rest I have no use for.

I agree. That's the majority of them...believe it or not.

Miami is seeing the same thing many cities are seeing. Depolicing. Cops quitting.

Residents are "fed up" and want to try to fire the leadership due to high violent crime. But....what would a new leader do? In today's new national climate...cops are told to run into chaotic situations....but if you make an error in that tiny split second decision under high stress....you are going to prison. And we want you do do it for mediocre pay, shitty hours, and an existence where society is gonna hate you simply for sharing the same profession as some idiot in another state who broke the law.

Commissioners have increased police spending by millions of dollars over the past two years in order to bolster the department by 115 cops and bring the city's police staffing to 1,261 officers. But, due largely to retirements spurred by recession-era pay cuts, the city had managed only to tread water on police hirings leading into the summer, leading several commissioners to demand better results.

Where is there any mention of 'depolicing'? Its the pay cuts that are blamed for retirements. Not quiting.

A quoted resident literally says "fed up". Read it...or other links to the same story.

Depolicing comes in many forms. Difficulty recruiting is one. Depolicing isn't only CURRENT cops not willing to do the job. It includes citizens no longer being willing to take the oath and carry the gun/badge to do the job.

Cops are Depolicing on duty. Citizens are Depolicing by not volunteering for service.

Few are willing to do the job anymore.

A quoted resident literally says "fed up". Read it...or other links to the same story.

There's not the slightest mention of 'depolicing' anywhere in your article. Not even an insinuation.

Depolicing comes in many forms. Difficulty recruiting is one. Depolicing isn't only CURRENT cops not willing to do the job. It includes citizens no longer being willing to take the oath and carry the gun/badge to do the job.

Per the article they are currently reviewing hundreds of candidates They are paying background checkers overtime they have so many applicants.

Again, the article says nothing you do. Not a damn thing.

Cops are Depolicing on duty. Citizens are Depolicing by not volunteering for service.

Says who? Not your article. Who are you quoting?

Oh, obviously:

Over the past several weeks, the city has brought in additional background investigators and paid them overtime to slog through a massive queue of hundreds of police applicants.

Nothing says 'few are willing to do the job' like a massive queue of hundreds of applicants.

You ....you didn't even read the article in the OP, did you?

There's not the slightest mention of 'depolicing' anywhere in your article. Not even an insinuation.

Per the article they are currently reviewing hundreds of candidates They are paying background checkers overtime they have so many applicants.

Oh, obviously:

Over the past several weeks, the city has brought in additional background investigators and paid them overtime to slog through a massive queue of hundreds of police applicants.

Nothing says 'few are willing to do the job' like a massive queue of hundreds of applicants.

Haha idiot. Police departments always get thousands of applications. About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements. High school dropouts and gang members apply all the time. "Nobody wants to do the job" means nobody they can or would actually hire. Otherwise they'd just hire the first 1000 to apply. Used to be easier. Used to be 1 in 5 or so would be qualified. Now? 200 applications....maybe 1 is qualified.

Depolicing is a verb. Not a noun. It can happen without being specifically mentioned. Just like a football player can be credited with yards gained without mentioning "running".

Oh, obviously:

Haha idiot. Police departments always get thousands of applications.

Laughing....says the hapless moron that didn't even read the article he cited.

And if Miami usually gets thousands of applications before 'depolicing', show me the evidence. You do base your claims on evidence, right? You're not just pulling this out of your ass, making it up as you go along, are you?

Show me. Don't tell me. Show me the thousands of applicants that Miami ordinarily has, but doesn't have now because of depolicing. We both know you're only going to give us excuses why you can't possibly back your bullshit up.

About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements. High school dropouts and gang members apply all the time. "Nobody wants to do the job" means nobody they can or would actually hire. Otherwise they'd just hire the first 1000 to apply. Used to be easier. Used to be 1 in 5 or so would be qualified. Now? 200 applications....maybe 1 is qualified.

Says who? The same moron that cited an article he never read? Remember, that idiot doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Let me demonstrate, with a citation from a Miami Herald article:

"Usually, only about one in 10 applicants will make it through the process and be offered a job, officials said. By that time, many will have accepted positions elsewhere. And rookie officers still must go through a six-month police academy. Officers’ starting salary is $45,929, according to the employment office."

Miami Facing Police Shortage As Officers Retire And Hiring Drags On Labor Relations Information System Labor Relations Information System

So the rate of passage is about 1 in 10. Not 1 in 200. But hey, what's an order of magnitude when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, eh?

You're not very good at this, are you?

Depolicing is a verb. Not a noun. It can happen without being specifically mentioned. Just like a football player can be credited with yards gained without mentioning "running".

Doesn't matter if its an adverb or an adjective, dipshit. Its not mentioned once in your entire article. Its not even insinuated.

You hallucinated the entire thing, pulled sideways out of your ass. You didn't even read the article before you quoted it. You couldn't offer us an accurate account of background check passage, off by about a factor of 20.

Try again, idiot. This time try reading the article you're citing first.

Mayor is a republican.

The majority of good cops...99% of em....are saying fuck it and making SURE they never end up in jail or Page 1A.

Well I certainly don't agree with this anti cop movement. But those blaming Dems are just silly.

Republican mayor

What difference does that make when the feds are likely to step in when a cop shoots another dark skinned thug?
HWHA, The problem is they blame it to a democrat leadership in this city. That is the difference. Stop blaming and face the problem. Start with that.

Well violent crime is soaring. They have a republican mayor and concealed carry. Go figure.

And those with a concealed carry permit are able to actually protect themselves from the violent democrats.....

I'm pretty sure most criminals don't vote nor have a party. Stop with the silly dem/repub crap, the parties aren't that different. Can't blame the Dems on this city.

Again...democrats are pulling the triggers......do you think they are voting republican?

Republican mayor

HWHA, The problem is they blame it to a democrat leadership in this city. That is the difference. Stop blaming and face the problem. Start with that.

And that would be inner city crime.

Again...democrats are pulling the triggers......do you think they are voting republican?

Republican mayor

Oh, obviously:

Haha idiot. Police departments always get thousands of applications.

Laughing....says the hapless moron that didn't even read the article he cited.

And if Miami usually gets thousands of applications before 'depolicing', show me the evidence. You do base your claims on evidence, right? You're not just pulling this out of your ass, making it up as you go along, are you?

Show me. Don't tell me. Show me the thousands of applicants that Miami ordinarily has, but doesn't have now because of depolicing. We both know you're only going to give us excuses why you can't possibly back your bullshit up.

About 1% actually qualify due to background checks or education requirements. High school dropouts and gang members apply all the time. "Nobody wants to do the job" means nobody they can or would actually hire. Otherwise they'd just hire the first 1000 to apply. Used to be easier. Used to be 1 in 5 or so would be qualified. Now? 200 applications....maybe 1 is qualified.

Says who? The same moron that cited an article he never read? Remember, that idiot doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Let me demonstrate, with a citation from a Miami Herald article:

"Usually, only about one in 10 applicants will make it through the process and be offered a job, officials said. By that time, many will have accepted positions elsewhere. And rookie officers still must go through a six-month police academy. Officers’ starting salary is $45,929, according to the employment office."

Miami Facing Police Shortage As Officers Retire And Hiring Drags On Labor Relations Information System Labor Relations Information System

So the rate of passage is about 1 in 10. Not 1 in 200. But hey, what's an order of magnitude when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, eh?

You're not very good at this, are you?

Doesn't matter if its an adverb or an adjective, dipshit. Its not mentioned once in your entire article. Its not even insinuated.

You hallucinated the entire thing, pulled sideways out of your ass. You didn't even read the article before you quoted it. You couldn't offer us an accurate account of background check passage, off by about a factor of 20.

Try again, idiot. This time try reading the article you're citing first.

Yes. "Qualified". As in....will make it. See where you said they still must go through the academy and FTO training? A lot never make it through those. From day of hire....to first day alone in a car on the street....is a nearly year long process.

What do I know? I worked in recruiting at APD while rehabbing injury. Processing applications. We had 1-5% who applied that would ever become a cop....based on what time of year hiring was (summer was better because of fresh college grads...because they were younger they didn't have rap sheets and credit problems. Most PDs don't hire anyone with credit problems...because they'll be around loose money on the job).

Forum List

Back