Michael Brown had robbed a Quick Trip just before the fatal shooting

@C_Clayton_Jones

I'd be interested to hear how Tennessee v. Garner applies to this case.

If Brown attacked the officer and attempted to wrest away the officers sidearm, and failing to do so attempted to flee...if those facts are assumed to be true for the purpose of this hypothetical...would the officer's use of deadly force against a unarmed fleeing subject in this example be justified?

No. If it is legal for you to shoot an unarmed suspect in the back or execute him when he turns around with his hands up then that law needs to be changed asap.

And now we know the cop did not know that Brown was suspected of shoplifting.

Even if he had known, shoplifting cigars is not a death penalty crime.

Three unrelated witnesses have stated the same thing - that he had his hands up, had said 'Don't shoot, I don't have a gun' and the cop gunned him down.

For the racists who think the cop was right to shoot the kid, remember that it was white kids who were assaulted with pepper spray while not committing any crime.

The cops in the US are becoming way too militarized.

10615403_685608681532189_355423640037258948_n_zps96bc5a06.jpg

Mike Brown stole from and assaulted a little old man.

Mike Brown got what he deserved

You Lie. Chief said the officer heard the radio call for the suspects who robbed the Quick Trip. He saw the stolen cigars in Michael Browns hand, description & clothes when he confronted them for J-walking.

Some points based on what we know as of 6 PM CST Friday.

This kid is not what they've been portraying him as. Doesn't mean he was bad, but he wasn't the honor roll good kid who got racially profiled.

Regardless, if the police officer shot him after he had surrendered or put his hands up, then that cop is still guilty of a crime.

Thank for restating the obvious.

@C_Clayton_Jones

If Brown attacked the officer and attempted to wrest away the officers sidearm, and failing to do so attempted to flee...if those facts are assumed to be true for the purpose of this hypothetical...would the officer's use of deadly force against a unarmed fleeing subject in this example be justified?

No. If it is legal for you to shoot an unarmed suspect in the back or execute him when he turns around with his hands up then that law needs to be changed asap.

Three unrelated witnesses have stated the same thing - that he had his hands up, had said 'Don't shoot, I don't have a gun' and the cop gunned him down.

For the racists who think the cop was right to shoot the kid, remember that it was white kids who were assaulted with pepper spray while not committing any crime.

10615403_685608681532189_355423640037258948_n_zps96bc5a06.jpg

That wasn't Cops... And they were Entertained WAY too long on that Campus.

As for Shooting him over Cigars?... Nope.

And the Witnesses are all over the place with what happened including his 2 Accomplices.

You KNOW how this play out... And you are Probably Dishonest enough to Claim the Cops Covered it up or planted Evidence or whatever else.

Brown was Actin' a ****** and got Shot like one.

Had he been "the good boy" all of his people Claimed he was and wasn't Thugin on a Store Employee while Stealing then maybe his Black Ass would still be Alive. :thup:

Actions have Consequences.

One of the Worst things that Liberals have done to this Country is to Remove Responsibility from Criminals simply because they are a certain Color.

:)

peace...

This kid is not what they've been portraying him as. Doesn't mean he was bad, but he wasn't the honor roll good kid who got racially profiled.

Regardless, if the police officer shot him after he had surrendered or put his hands up, then that cop is still guilty of a crime.

Yep... And I Assure you that Cop didn't Shoot a Surrendering Person.

That Animal was Assaulting/Resisting the Cop and going for his Gun. <That will Prove out.

They were out that day to "Run Shit" and they were so Cocky they Thought they'd Fuck with a Cop after Roughing up and Man over shit they were Stealing.

peace...

You Lie. Chief said the officer heard the radio call for the suspects who robbed the Quick Trip. He saw the stolen cigars in Michael Browns hand, description & clothes when he confronted them for J-walking.

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says

The officer who shot Ferguson teen Michael Brown stopped Brown and another teen because they were walking in the street, not because of a robbery a few minutes earlier, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday afternoon.

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber.

Second section: Family of Michael Brown appeals for calm tonight despite polarizing release of robbery video : News

I'm just reading that the Police Chief is now saying the officer didn't stop Brown because of a robbery.

What the hell is going on?

I'm just reading that the Police Chief is now saying the officer didn't stop Brown because of a robbery.

It's called selective reporting. Usually you don't see such a blatant display of it as we are being treated to in this case.

Mostly the Chief is stumbling on his words and the media's having a field day forwarding their cause.

If information A, B, and C from group one is false, what are the odds that information D from group one is also false?

1407932109758_wps_9_1407849391912_Image_galle.jpg

^How old is that photo that Press is using?... It's funny because there's some movement over this about "which pic will they use" or something...

They claim the Media portrays people like Brown in the worst light.

Not the case with Brown or Trayvon.

peace...

Well...we were told this guy was a wonderful person...just graduated from high school, going on to some sort of higher education...and then we see the video...

Now, if this is this guy in the video...tell me this...does,it look like this was the first crime he had comitted? does a "good" kid spontaneously grab cigars from a store and manhandle the clerk...as a first crime?

If information A, B, and C from group one is false, what are the odds that information D from group one is also false?

I'm actually not convinced that Johnson is lying, nor the other witnesses, I think they are simply coloring what they saw with their opinions. It is well known that the community there has no love for the police, I suspect that they are basing their interpretations of what they saw on that biased opinion.

Family of Michael Brown appeals for calm tonight despite polarizing release of robbery video : News

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says

The officer who shot Ferguson teen Michael Brown stopped Brown and another teen because they were walking in the street, not because of a robbery a few minutes earlier, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday afternoon.

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects.

He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber.

Chief also said during the J-walking stop the officer saw the stolen cigars in Browns hand & discovered during the stop that he was the suspect police were looking for prior to shooting him.

hmm it might not have been quicktrip, someone might have made an assumption based on that "snitches get stiches" thing on the QT wall and QT getting burnt down. Media Report it was Ferguson Market and Liquor on West Florissant Avenue.

@C_Clayton_Jones

For like the tenth time, that is not true.

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

Family of Michael Brown appeals for calm tonight despite polarizing release of robbery video : News
But I do agree the police are too militarized.

Chief also said during the J-walking stop the officer saw the stolen cigars in Browns hand & discovered during the stop that he was the suspect police were looking for prior to shooting him.

Okey dokey. If I'm to buy into this, where are the cigars that must have fallen from Brown's hands when he was shot?

Secured scene. Where are the stolen cigars that the policeman saw in his hands?

hmm it might not have been quicktrip, someone might have made an assumption based on that "snitches get stiches" thing on the QT wall and QT getting burnt down. Media Report it was Ferguson Market and Liquor on West Florissant Avenue.

Watching the video I thought it didn't look like Quick Trip or their employee uniform. The word on the street at the shooting scene said it was the Quick Trip & that went out on social media causing it to get destroyed by Brown's Gang Bangers.

Forum List

Back