Michael Brown had robbed a Quick Trip just before the fatal shooting

*sigh* You are relying on only one source for your information:

To Quote my earlier posts: It's called selective reporting. Usually you don't see such a blatant display of it as we are being treated to in this case.

Mostly the Chief is stumbling on his words and the media's having a field day forwarding their cause.

AND

Today was a shit storm of conflicting reports because most of the media outlets did not report the whole of the FPD Chief's statements - leaving a gap in information for those who only sourced one.

In addition the FPD Chief himself left out bits in his subsequent meetings with the press (having already said them and not repeating himself) As an example of that, one doesn't have two meetings in the same day expecting that someone will tell them every detail at both - the other person rightfully assumes that since he told you x and y bits at the morning meeting, he doesn't need to repeat them again at the evening meeting.

----

Dispatch Report Summary:
11:52:53 "whi shirt b/m qt, box cigars"
11:55:06 "NO ONE WALKING N/B IN A WHITE T-SHIRT."
11:57:47 "SUSPECT WEARING RED CARDS CAP, YELLOW SOCKS,W/ANOTHER MALE SUBJECT WALKING TOWARD QT AT THIS TIME
11:58:04 "KHAKI SHORTS"

14:11:36 "SHOTS ON CANFIELD"
14:12:34 "4 TO 6 shots"
14:13:01 "2939 canfield 22 AND 25"
(I had posted this earlier - http://www.usmessageboard.com/9632009-post492.html)

PDF of Police Report and Dispatch released to media today: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson-police-report.pdf?hpt=hp_t1

----

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says

The officer who shot Ferguson teen Michael Brown stopped Brown and another teen because they were walking in the street, not because of a robbery a few minutes earlier, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday afternoon.

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber.

Jackson also addressed concerns about his release of information about the robbery at the same time he released the name of the officer at a press conference Friday morning.

Jackson said he released the security video from the liquor store because news organizations had been requesting it under the Freedom of Information Act.

Asked by reporters why he released the tape, he said, "Because I had to. Too many people put in (freedom of information) requests for it."
The Rev. Jesse Jackson shows up at protest site as Brown family calls for calm : News (third section down)

----

It was not QT that got robbed, that was an assumption, the police report blocks out the stores name, but the media reports it was Ferguson Market and Liquor on West Florissant Avenue. -- They have been looted this evening (Thanks Media hope you got paid well)

----

Did I miss anything?

*sigh* You are relying on only one source for your information:

To Quote my earlier posts: It's called selective reporting. Usually you don't see such a blatant display of it as we are being treated to in this case.

Mostly the Chief is stumbling on his words and the media's having a field day forwarding their cause.

AND

Today was a shit storm of conflicting reports because most of the media outlets did not report the whole of the FPD Chief's statements - leaving a gap in information for those who only sourced one.

In addition the FPD Chief himself left out bits in his subsequent meetings with the press (having already said them and not repeating himself) As an example of that, one doesn't have two meetings in the same day expecting that someone will tell them every detail at both - the other person rightfully assumes that since he told you x and y bits at the morning meeting, he doesn't need to repeat them again at the evening meeting.

----

Dispatch Report Summary:
11:52:53 "whi shirt b/m qt, box cigars"
11:55:06 "NO ONE WALKING N/B IN A WHITE T-SHIRT."
11:57:47 "SUSPECT WEARING RED CARDS CAP, YELLOW SOCKS,W/ANOTHER MALE SUBJECT WALKING TOWARD QT AT THIS TIME
11:58:04 "KHAKI SHORTS"

14:11:36 "SHOTS ON CANFIELD"
14:12:34 "4 TO 6 shots"
14:13:01 "2939 canfield 22 AND 25"
(I had posted this earlier - http://www.usmessageboard.com/9632009-post492.html)

PDF of Police Report and Dispatch released to media today: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson-police-report.pdf?hpt=hp_t1

----

Ferguson officer realized during encounter that Michael Brown might be suspect in robbery, chief says

The officer who shot Ferguson teen Michael Brown stopped Brown and another teen because they were walking in the street, not because of a robbery a few minutes earlier, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday afternoon.

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber.

Jackson also addressed concerns about his release of information about the robbery at the same time he released the name of the officer at a press conference Friday morning.

Jackson said he released the security video from the liquor store because news organizations had been requesting it under the Freedom of Information Act.

Asked by reporters why he released the tape, he said, "Because I had to. Too many people put in (freedom of information) requests for it."
The Rev. Jesse Jackson shows up at protest site as Brown family calls for calm : News (third section down)

----

It was not QT that got robbed, that was an assumption, the police report blocks out the stores name, but the media reports it was Ferguson Market and Liquor on West Florissant Avenue. -- They have been looted this evening (Thanks Media hope you got paid well)

----

Did I miss anything?
yes, you missed where the cop was on a call when the dispatches went out. You also didn't provide direct quotes from the chief, merely media speculation. The closest to a direct quote I found:

"I guess that is when he might have seen ... evidence and connected it" to the robbery, Jackson said -- without explicitly tying the two incidents together himself.

Ferguson chief: Officer didn't stop Brown as rob suspect - CNN.com

And lol at you complaining about selective reporting while relying on selective reporting yourself.

They don't come much bigger or dumber than "Big" Mike Brown. Oh, if only Jim Croce were still alive!

Some points based on what we know as of 6 PM CST Friday.

This kid is not what they've been portraying him as. Doesn't mean he was bad, but he wasn't the honor roll good kid who got racially profiled.

Regardless, if the police officer shot him after he had surrendered or put his hands up, then that cop is still guilty of a crime.

Yep... And I Assure you that Cop didn't Shoot a Surrendering Person.

That Animal was Assaulting/Resisting the Cop and going for his Gun. <That will Prove out.

They were out that day to "Run Shit" and they were so Cocky they Thought they'd Fuck with a Cop after Roughing up and Man over shit they were Stealing.

:)

peace...

I think I'd like to wait for the autopsy to come out and wait until all the witnesses are interviewed before I draw any conclusions.

Stealing cigars is not a death penalty offense, last time I checked.

This kid is not what they've been portraying him as. Doesn't mean he was bad, but he wasn't the honor roll good kid who got racially profiled.

Regardless, if the police officer shot him after he had surrendered or put his hands up, then that cop is still guilty of a crime.

If information A, B, and C from group one is false, what are the odds that information D from group one is also false?

Problem with such absolutism is that we don't have all the facts.

Brown was bound for college. And we don't know what exactly went on at that store. We just know there was an altercation between the clerk and the two men. No sound and no real context.

Again, regardless of what he was doing, shooting him for shoplifting or jaywalking is an excessive reaction.

That Animal was Assaulting/Resisting the Cop and going for his Gun. <That will Prove out.

They were out that day to "Run Shit" and they were so Cocky they Thought they'd Fuck with a Cop after Roughing up and Man over shit they were Stealing.

peace...

I think I'd like to wait for the autopsy to come out and wait until all the witnesses are interviewed before I draw any conclusions.

Huge stepdown from Trayvon there little Joe. Once burned I guess.

JtPuErB.png

Gramps i just heard that was debunked.........but then when this began i heard that that was the reason this cop was called to begin with....so i guess we will have to see how things proceed......

How do you debunk photos & video?

if you are a liberal race baiter video proof does not matter.

peace...

Not really. This cop shot an unarmed kid, three times, at least one of those shots- the fatal one - after the kid put his hands up and surrendered.

Hey you know what, Rodney King was speeding, too.

Not really. This cop shot an unarmed kid, three times, at least one of those shots- the fatal one - after the kid put his hands up and surrendered.

Yeah, I thought it was too lucid to be true. It's amazing that anyone can be so wrong about so many things, yet continue being such a clusterfuck.

Yeah, I thought it was too lucid to be true. It's amazing that anyone can be so wrong about so many things, yet continue being such a clusterfuck.

Oh, so we are back to trolling.

SOrry, man, we don't shoot people in the street for shoplifting.

This cop is going to spend a very long time in jail.

THose four stills happen over less than two seconds.

they look a lot less incriminating in context.

Frankly, I don't see a robbery here. I see an argument between a customer and a store clerk that got slightly physical.

Did he try to buy them and was refused? What words were exchanged? We don't really know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankly, I don't see a robbery here. I see an argument between a customer and a store clerk that got slightly physical.

Did he try to buy them and was refused? What words were exchanged? We don't really know.

The video wasn't you're friend it really made him look like the thug trash that he was. thanks for sharing.

The video wasn't you're friend it really made him look like the thug trash that he was. thanks for sharing.

Look who's back!! It's the tax evader!! How ya doin' BigDerp? It seems like you were never gone. Is it time to decelerate?

Sorry, I don't see anything in that video that is worth shooting a man over.

I see an angry argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsiFFPPdW4

I see an angry argument.

There is a lot of things you don't see, I guess when you have your head stuck up obama's ass the only thing you could see is what he had for dinner last night.

I see an angry argument.

There is a lot of things you don't see, I guess when you have your head stuck up obama's ass the only thing you could see is what he had for dinner last night.

And that's the best argument you have to offer?

Sad.

On the positive side, we will probably be seeing some excellent decelerations coming from your keypad. :D

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbsiFFPPdW4

I see an angry argument.

Then why did the thug Brown do it anyway if he knew it could get him killed? :lol:

-Geaux

Forum List

Back