Michael Cohen office raided by FBI

Like paying your lawyer, to pay your hit man. That way the cash can't be traced back to you. It's attorney client privilege.
That would be an action by the lawyer in furtherance of a crime. Totally different situation.

As I said, that's why Michael Cohen violated NY bar ethics rules which prohibits lawyers from paying his clients bills, unless the client is indigent.
It prohibits lawyers from financing costs of litigation on behalf of a client, but when a client pays a huge retainer and money is held in trust for payment of any and all future legal fees and expenses, to be used at the lawyer's discretion, there is no ethics violation. There is a potential breach of a fiduciary responsibility, but that is Trump's complaint to make. Not the FBI or federal government.
then why did Cohen LIE and say he took out a mortgage on his house to pay for it, if there was a large retainer in place that could have accommodated the $130k payment?
Stupid question. If he used Trump's money then he paid her on behalf of Trump, but if he used his own money he paid her on his own behalf and there was no connection to Trump.
trump, david dennison, was a part of the NDA....

Which he never signed, so the NDA was never completed and so on and etc.

They can't hold HER to it if HE never signed it.

Depends what Trump knew, and when he knew it. It's a violation to accept an illegal campaign contribution, especially for $130,000.
So, which is it? Is there a campaign violation, or did Trump pay her through Cohen?

NEITHER implicate Trump in any crime. and CERTAINLY does not justify such an invasion of civil liberties.

:dunno:

Like paying your lawyer, to pay your hit man. That way the cash can't be traced back to you. It's attorney client privilege.
That would be an action by the lawyer in furtherance of a crime. Totally different situation.

As I said, that's why Michael Cohen violated NY bar ethics rules which prohibits lawyers from paying his clients bills, unless the client is indigent.
It prohibits lawyers from financing costs of litigation on behalf of a client, but when a client pays a huge retainer and money is held in trust for payment of any and all future legal fees and expenses, to be used at the lawyer's discretion, there is no ethics violation. There is a potential breach of a fiduciary responsibility, but that is Trump's complaint to make. Not the FBI or federal government.
then why did Cohen LIE and say he took out a mortgage on his house to pay for it, if there was a large retainer in place that could have accommodated the $130k payment?
Stupid question. If he used Trump's money then he paid her on behalf of Trump, but if he used his own money he paid her on his own behalf and there was no connection to Trump.
Trump had nothing to do with it. Cohen paid with his own money for his own reasons.

Every citizen is free to spend all of his money to support any candidate as long as he doesn't coordinate with the campaign.
That is simply not true. Like, not even close.
It is absolutely true. There are no limitations on how much you can spend to support your candidate as long and it is not a contribution to the campaign and that you do not coordinate with the campaign.

Exactly, that's how all the dark money came in. Thanks, Citizens United!

However, this isn't a contribution, it's election meddling if nothing else. I don't know. Now I'm just throwing guesses based on the timing, etc. Imagine if she'd broken the NDA mid-October?

He still likely would have been elected. People are stupid crazy. But that IS why Cohen paid her.

So the left has hung it's entire hope on a 12-year-old, one-night consensual fling.

:dunno:

And you don't know either? This is so strange. It's almost like half the board has a terminal case of willful ignorance.

Should I drop some bread crumbs so you guys can at least get headed in the right direction?
Edjewcate us.

FBI Raids Home, Office of Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen

I'll do big letters, just because it makes me happy. :)

At the very minimum, he seems to have committed a clear campaign-finance violation by making a payment to Stormy Daniels in October 2016 that was intended to help Trump’s campaign and that exceeded campaign-finance law.

The double standard is amazing:

Hillary Clinton was directly involved in what the New York Times has called “the biggest campaign finance fraud in the history of the United States.

Yet the fucking US Atty never raided her offices

THE FBI AND DOJ are heavily politicized - NOTHING THE BASTARDS DO WILL BE VALID--- NOTHING

OMFG. Roger Stone? I'm dying. Choking, dying.

Yeah, I know. One less Dimo_rat on board can only be a blessing.

Roger Fucking Stone. <cackle>

So you can't handle the truth, but you did not, and could not refute it.

Hillary Clinton was directly involved in what the New York Times has called “the biggest campaign finance fraud in the history of the United States.

Yet the fucking US Atty never raided her offices

THE FBI AND DOJ are heavily politicized - NOTHING THE BASTARDS DO WILL BE VALID--- NOTHING

Every citizen is free to spend all of his money to support any candidate as long as he doesn't coordinate with the campaign.
It is absolutely true. There are no limitations on how much you can spend to support your candidate as long and it is not a contribution to the campaign and that you do not coordinate with the campaign.
so if one meets all those conditions, as you say. Think Cohen's going to squeak by on that one? I say today's events render that... unlikely.

She entered a contract with Cohen, not with Trump, and she is being sued for violating that contract so a court will decide how much she will have to pay for violating the contract.

maybe, but maybe not....

she did take the money, even without his signature....which implies she was going to honor the NDA even without his signature.....???

I just don't know for certain....

Now you're making up more laws. Election laws apply only to contributions to campaigns. Every citizen is free to spend all of his money to support any candidate as long as he doesn't coordinate with the campaign. It's called free speech. You may have heard about it.

Wrong.

The Other Club: Then they came for the bumper stickers

The Federal Election Commission has decided that a bumper sticker violates the McCain-Feingold incumbency guarantee act when displayed on a NASCAR racer.

She entered a contract with Cohen, not with Trump, and she is being sued for violating that contract so a court will decide how much she will have to pay for violating the contract.
it was a 3 way agreement, one party did not sign it...... so, we will see on that.....

Exactly, that's how all the dark money came in. Thanks, Citizens United!

However, this isn't a contribution, it's election meddling if nothing else. I don't know. Now I'm just throwing guesses based on the timing, etc. Imagine if she'd broken the NDA mid-October?

He still likely would have been elected. People are stupid crazy. But that IS why Cohen paid her.
What are you talking about? Cohen drew on a credit line he had with a bank to write the check.

Cohen violated it first, see my most recent link.

Forum List

Back