🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Michelle Obama: The Founding Fathers Were Not Born In America!

Alexander Hamilton wasn't born in America

Besides, none of them were born "American" since the term didn't exist.

Your title is a bit misleading btw.

The new world was referred to as the Americas at that time, and the people lived in the area of the original 13 states were certainly aware of that fact.

Take a look at the Declaration of Independence...jeebus.

Well, if that's the case then Mexicans are Americans too

Alexander Hamilton wasn't born in America

Besides, none of them were born "American" since the term didn't exist.

Your title is a bit misleading btw.

The new world was referred to as the Americas at that time, and the people lived in the area of the original 13 states were certainly aware of that fact.

Take a look at the Declaration of Independence...jeebus.

Well, if that's the case then Mexicans are Americans too

Yse they are. So are any of the South Americans coming North.
And the point is?

I picked five of them at random - the five I was most familiar with. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Ben Franklin, and Edward Rutledge.

All five were born in America. Massachusetts, Virginia, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, and South Carolina.

Michelle's newfound "pride" for being an American, apparently hasn't helped her much.

Perhaps Michelle took the time to research the word, American. While the colonists lived and bore children in the colonies , they were generally citizens of the United kingdom as no authority existed to grant American citizenship to the fledgling colonists or their offspring. Even though the colonies were referred to as British American colonies, that crucial factor of citizenship arguably rested in Britain.
Perhaps the following essay will shed more light on this interesting conversation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_(word)

WikiPedia said:
The meaning of the word 'American' in the English language varies according to the historical, geographical, and political context in which it is used. American is derived from America, a term originally denoting all of the New World (also called the Americas). In some expressions, it retains this Pan-American sense, but its usage has evolved over time and, for various historical reasons, the word came to denote people or things specifically from the United States of America.

In modern English, Americans generally refers to residents of the United States; among native English speakers this usage is almost universal, with any other use of the term requiring specification.[1] However, this default use has been the source of controversy, particularly among Latin Americans, who feel that using the term solely for the United States misappropriates it.[2][3]

The word can be used as both a noun and an adjective. In adjectival use, it is generally understood to mean "of or relating to the United States"; for example, "Elvis Presley was an American singer" or "the American President gave a speech today". In noun form, it generally means U.S. citizen or national. The noun is rarely used in American English to refer to people not connected to the United States.[1] When used with a grammatical qualifier, the adjective American can mean "of or relating to the Americas", as in Latin American or Indigenous American. Less frequently, the adjective can take this meaning without a qualifier, as in "American Spanish dialects and pronunciation differ by country", or the name of the Organization of American States. A third use of the term pertains specifically to the indigenous peoples of the Americas, for instance, "In the 16th century, many Americans died from imported diseases during the European conquest".

America is a continent not a Country all but 8 of the Founding fathers were in fact born IN AMERICA. Further they were born within the confines of what would become the United States, equating them with foreigners illegally entering the Country is not only stupid it is insane.

The United States of America IS a country. North America and South America ARE continents.

Although NOT a continent, Central America, a part of North America, is a tropical isthmus that connects North America to South America. It includes 7 countries and numerous small offshore islands

There is no ONE continent that is known as "America".

All I have to say is Michelle Obama (who had her law license suspended) is naturally stupid. Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, only 8 were born in Great Britain.

Michelle Obama: Immigrants Just Like Founding Fathers, Not 'Born American'

maybe she has not actually ever looked at the document

had she she would have known the very first words

making most born in America

but then again she speaks to her low information voters

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

http://www.constitution.org/us_doi.pdf

America is a continent not a Country all but 8 of the Founding fathers were in fact born IN AMERICA. Further they were born within the confines of what would become the United States, equating them with foreigners illegally entering the Country is not only stupid it is insane.

The United States of America IS a country. North America and South America ARE continents.

Although NOT a continent, Central America, a part of North America, is a tropical isthmus that connects North America to South America. It includes 7 countries and numerous small offshore islands

false

as early as the stamp act

this was known as the America

Duties in American Colonies Act.

An act for granting and applying certain stamp duties, and other duties, in the British colonies and plantations in America, towards further defraying the expences of defending, protecting, and securing the same; and for amending such parts of the several acts of parliament relating to the trade and revenues of the said colonies and plantations, as direct the manner of determining and recovering the penalties and forfeitures therein mentioned.

The Stamp Act

All I have to say is Michelle Obama (who had her law license suspended) is naturally stupid. Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, only 8 were born in Great Britain.

What a stinking skank

-Geaux

michelle-obama-ugly-1.jpg

I'm as sick hearing from her as I am her idiot tyrant husband

She's never home with here children ....so I think they are rented and not born to them...she always off searching for that spotlight as if she is THE QUEEN of this country and we should care what all she has to say

I think I'll find me a spotlight so I can tell her that

Last edited:

Not as stupid as the :asshole: who thinks her law license was suspended.

True, both Obamas apparently surrendered their law license. The question is why? Why work for something for 20 years only to then throw it more or less away?

In 1993, when Michelle Obama “voluntarily surrendered” her law license, she was employed as Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit “community organizing” operation. In 2005, she landed a quarter-million dollar per year position as Vice President and legal council for University of Chicago Hospitals. For some reason, she apparently felt she didn’t need a law license for those two jobs.

Why did the Obamas lose their law licenses? - Louisville Public Policy | Examiner.com

To save about 600 dollars a year? And it isn't just about taking CE courses. Yes, her and his license was not suspended or revoked but as with everything with this president something odd went on. In 1993 when they both gave up their license they were far from the WH.

Oh my gosh do the liberals contort themselves to defend the Obamas. I really have to wonder what is wrong with the liberal mind, really.

Here is what she actually said, according to the article:

“It’s amazing that just a few feet from here where I’m standing are the signatures of the 56 Founders who put their names on a Declaration that changed the course of history,” she said during her speech, referring to the Declaration of Independence. “And like the 50 of you, none of them were born American – they became American.”

She wasn't giving a history lesson she was making a damn point. She is right, there was no COUNTRY called America when the DOI was written. Those who chose to sign the DOI chose to form the country of America. That is, in my opinion, her point. Of course later the founders used America as to mean the original colonies. Thus the requirement to be born in America.

Either way there are lots of things to get on the Obama's this isn't one of them, in my opinion.

there certainly was America

We didnt swap land masses

we swapped governments

The land they lived on was called America

there is plenty of literature from the time saying so

She resigned pursuant to court order. No other details have been available.
Link?

She resigned pursuant to court order. No other details have been available.
Link?

The link, which was on the Illinois bar association website has since been changed and the original scrubbed. She voluntarily surrendered her law license in 1993 after only four years of practice. Her consort, the presidunce, surrendered his law license in 2008 when he ran for president. That's understandable. We really do not know why she was ordered to surrender her law license. At the time there was some murky stuff going on about it being an insurance fraud issue. That was never proven.

Forum List

Back