Michelle O's tyrannical lunch program dumped by NY Schools

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/114xx/doc11451/healthyhungerfreekidsact.pdf

Additionally, CBO estimates that implementing this bill would have discretionary costs
of $35.9 billion over the 2011-2015 period, assuming appropriation of the necessary
amounts. Most of these costs are for the reauthorization of WIC, which received an
appropriation of $7.3 billion in fiscal year 2010.

Initial implementation price tag estimate at 35.9 BILLION.

That would be closer to $9B.

Okay, I see it included WIC.......my bad

Hard to admit mistakes sometimes, Credit where credit is due

I have no problem admitting mistakes. I didn't see the WIC, but it still doesn't change my opinion of this law. I'm for a limited Gov't and don't see this new program to be worth it. If they don't eat it it's worthless, and if the paying kids don't buy it, the schools don't get the funds and their rates are raised on buying lunch.

It stinks.

and don't get me wrong $9B is a shit ton of money, but my God I can think of a million other government programs to get rid of than feeding kids

Let me splain.................It increases the meals to 3 a day and summer..........To a group that would probably already receive a host of other possible Welfare sources............Welfare payments, Wic, Food Stamps, Assisted housing, assistance with utilities, cell phones, Medicaid..........and more...................With all that shouldn't the family at least be able to feed them once a day......................

I don't want kids going hungry, but this is idiotic..........The old system wasn't broke. The food was still good and perfectly fine.............The kids are throwing it a way, so I might as well take my tax dollars and throw it in a giant hole..................

okay man let's talk plain

The food is NOT horrible. Did you see the menu I posted earlier? We're talking about whole wheat pastas and bread, and turkey instead of ham sandwiches. Oh and some fruits and veggies.

As for expanding it to three meals a day and such I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT , I would propose closing school cafeterias altogether. As I said earlier in the thread, this is double dipping for families who are already collecting food stamps based on their kids . Feed them with that money.

The ONLY reason I even got into this thread was because of the OP's ridiculous complaints that MO was orchestrating homemade lunch patrols and forcing kids to eat food they didn't want. Neither of those things are true

beyond that , we're on the same page in this thread. Basically

and don't get me wrong $9B is a shit ton of money, but my God I can think of a million other government programs to get rid of than feeding kids

Let me splain.................It increases the meals to 3 a day and summer..........To a group that would probably already receive a host of other possible Welfare sources............Welfare payments, Wic, Food Stamps, Assisted housing, assistance with utilities, cell phones, Medicaid..........and more...................With all that shouldn't the family at least be able to feed them once a day......................

I don't want kids going hungry, but this is idiotic..........The old system wasn't broke. The food was still good and perfectly fine.............The kids are throwing it a way, so I might as well take my tax dollars and throw it in a giant hole..................

The food is NOT horrible. Did you see the menu I posted earlier? We're talking about whole wheat pastas and bread, and turkey instead of ham sandwiches. Oh and some fruits and veggies.

As for expanding it to three meals a day and such I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT , I would propose closing school cafeterias altogether. As I said earlier in the thread, this is double dipping for families who are already collecting food stamps based on their kids . Feed them with that money.

The ONLY reason I even got into this thread was because of the OP's ridiculous complaints that MO was orchestrating homemade lunch patrols and forcing kids to eat food they didn't want. Neither of those things are true

It is understandable to get ticked off when you here of schools not allowing bag lunches which has happened..
It is also understandable the kids so far are not happy with these meals.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink........finally I'm in disagreement on the calories for reasons already posted.

You now have school lunches that will not have cheese on a burger because they are afraid they'll exceed the dang mandate.

That is ridiculous.

Okay I went through the CBO report and lived. It looks like over a four year period WIC accounts for about $7B EACH YEAR. That is 35.9B - 28B= $7B. Divided by four years is $1.75B per year. The problem is:

1. Kids are not eating these healthy foods to a large degree.
2. Unused food goes to waste.
3. The most important in my opinion, parents are not involved in healthy eating in school or at home.
4. You are NOT ending child hunger or malnutrition.
5. Failed programs don't die.

It is understandable to get ticked off when you here of schools not allowing bag lunches which has happened..

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink........finally I'm in disagreement on the calories for reasons already posted.

You now have school lunches that will not have cheese on a burger because they are afraid they'll exceed the dang mandate.

That is ridiculous.

I've seen our school's menu for the entire school year. We will serve cheeseburgers I assure you.

DO yo see what I'm saying? These are local morons who don't understand how to implement the new law.

.Our kitchen staff spent all summer making sure our kids would have good meals they would eat. I haven't heard one complaint and school has been in session for two weeks now.

That is ridiculous.

I would also like to point out that you are wrong about the calories since they are now serving 2 or 3 meals plus a snack, instead of giving the kids all the calories in one sitting.

Personally, I think that helps the learning process. You have kids who come to school hungry, so they aren't focused on anything but that until lunch, then they get some food in them, then maybe they can focus again. Instead now, we give them a little something in the morning, they can focus on morning classes, then a small lunch to keep them going.

But what do I know about burning calories, only 25 years in the Army.........

I think we all deserve a "I survived school lunch back in the day" t shirts. Soy burgers reared their ugly little heads back then. <shudder>

Okay I went through the CBO report and lived. It looks like over a four year period WIC accounts for about $7B EACH YEAR. That is 35.9B - 28B= $7B. Divided by four years is $1.75B per year. The problem is:

3. The most important in my opinion, parents are not involved in healthy eating in school or at home.

Thanks for that I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing tonight. Your a better man than me tonight. Couldn't do it.

That is ridiculous.

I would also like to point out that you are wrong about the calories since they are now serving 2 or 3 meals plus a snack, instead of giving the kids all the calories in one sitting.

Personally, I think that helps the learning process. You have kids who come to school hungry, so they aren't focused on anything but that until lunch, then they get some food in them, then maybe they can focus again. Instead now, we give them a little something in the morning, they can focus on morning classes, then a small lunch to keep them going.

I did 10 in the Navy. Not as demanding as the army. Thanks for serving.

I played football and track in high school......need them thar carbs as you burn them.........We didn't have much of a problem back then with being overweight as we all stayed outside because we weren't the IPOD nation we are now, where the main exercise is clicking a mouse..................

Thanks for that I couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing tonight. Your a better man than me tonight. Couldn't do it.

MY response

1. That is a local school problem. Again , we worked this out during the summer. Kids who are routinely wasting food will be given peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and a milk for lunch instead of the hot lunch

2. Unused food already goes to waste

3. ANY parent can get involved, go to your school board meeting. In my experience most don't until they have a complaint.

4. Please tell me what will

5. Of course that is true, unfortunately

That is ridiculous.

I've seen our school's menu for the entire school year. We will serve cheeseburgers I assure you.

DO yo see what I'm saying? These are local morons who don't understand how to implement the new law.

.Our kitchen staff spent all summer making sure our kids would have good meals they would eat. I haven't heard one complaint and school has been in session for two weeks now.

Checked the garbage yet as in the videos..............The kids may not be rumbling just yet.

I am going to call bs on the sack lunch check. Two reasons, first these people are poor and probably not making sack lunches to begin with. Second, every reference to food in the sources is specific to a program and a school providing it at some cost. Never states an outside food source that is brought to the school by a student. It does mention local control, so I guess there could be a liberal food Nazi district.

This is, in fact, not the doing of Michelle Obama. This is the doing of every single U.S. Senator, Democrat and Republican, because all of them voted in favor of S3307, or the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Mitch McConnell voted for this. Rand Paul voted for this. Ted Cruz voted for this. All of those horrible Wrongpublican bigots in the Senate you conservatards worship approved this, in a fleeting moment of sanity.

And in the House: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll603.xml

Look at the Wrongpublicans who voted in favor of it. They include Walter B. Jones, who represents numerous military bases across North Carolina. The USMC's largest base falls within his Congressional district, and of course, thousands upon thousands of his loyal voting constituents are military veterans. Despite this, Jones voted for the "No Bake Sales for Veterans Act".

Magneto could use the irony here to slaughter millions.
Well, THAT left a mark. :lol:
On who?? Every demoncrat but one voted for it.. It came back and bit systyr in her nice pretty ass..

Tell me more about the beauty of my posterior.

The fact that most Democrats voted for it proves only that they recognized it was a great idea. The fact that most Wrongpublicans voted against it proves that they're racist.
Beautiful and sweet ♥

As to the racist white republicrat regime.. I defer to KKK Byrd.. may God rest his pointy hatted soul
You mean the dead guy that kept getting voted into office by W. Virginia because he kept bringing jobs to that state? That guy?

I am going to call bs on the sack lunch check. Two reasons, first these people are poor and probably not making sack lunches to begin with. Second, every reference to food in the sources is specific to a program and a school providing it at some cost. Never states an outside food source that is brought to the school by a student. It does mention local control, so I guess there could be a liberal food Nazi district.
Then...why are they having kids?

That is ridiculous.

I did 10 in the Navy. Not as demanding as the army. Thanks for serving.

I played football and track in high school......need them thar carbs as you burn them.........We didn't have much of a problem back then with being overweight as we all stayed outside because we weren't the IPOD nation we are now, where the main exercise is clicking a mouse..................

Same thanks to you as well.

And I quite agree. My kids have the same rules on television and such that I had, 30 minutes a night during the school week.

During the summer , my kids are outside, swimming, running, playing, just doing things. Another benefit of living in the country I guess.

The only difference now is when I was a kid our rule was "just be home my dinner" and we sometimes wouldn't see mom and dad all day or hear from them, nowadays we can text and call to check up on them, otherwise they are outside.

I try to set a good example to, 43 and still run 5 miles every morning. I'm within 10 lbs of the day I graduated Basic.

But, again, there is only so much a school can do. Force a kid to take PE? Guarantee parents are in complaining. Force a kid to eat healthy while at school? Parents in complaining. Kid is fat, stupid, and lazy? Parents are in complaining.

I seriously wonder if most kids wouldn't be better off without their parents. That is no joke and I loathe saying it, but it's true man..

This is, in fact, not the doing of Michelle Obama. This is the doing of every single U.S. Senator, Democrat and Republican, because all of them voted in favor of S3307, or the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Mitch McConnell voted for this. Rand Paul voted for this. Ted Cruz voted for this. All of those horrible Wrongpublican bigots in the Senate you conservatards worship approved this, in a fleeting moment of sanity.

And in the House: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll603.xml

Look at the Wrongpublicans who voted in favor of it. They include Walter B. Jones, who represents numerous military bases across North Carolina. The USMC's largest base falls within his Congressional district, and of course, thousands upon thousands of his loyal voting constituents are military veterans. Despite this, Jones voted for the "No Bake Sales for Veterans Act".

Magneto could use the irony here to slaughter millions.
Well, THAT left a mark. :lol:
On who?? Every demoncrat but one voted for it.. It came back and bit systyr in her nice pretty ass..

Tell me more about the beauty of my posterior.

The fact that most Democrats voted for it proves only that they recognized it was a great idea. The fact that most Wrongpublicans voted against it proves that they're racist.
Beautiful and sweet ♥

As to the racist white republicrat regime.. I defer to KKK Byrd.. may God rest his pointy hatted soul
You mean the dead guy that kept getting voted into office by W. Virginia because he kept bringing jobs to that state? That guy?

Nahh, I meant that racist fuck KKKByrd who called black people the n word.

Two of my kids teach school now. Responsible parents are the key and granting entitlements does little to motivate them to change. Tie free lunch to parents learning about healthy diets? Documenting they provide them at home through WIC?

Forum List

Back