Michigan issues its first gay marriage license

And once again the will of ALL the people is just tossed in the trash thanks to some tyrant in a robe leftist commie "judge" who thinks its title makes it above the people...

The government is not allowed to discriminate even if the people will it. It's that simple.

Sure hope there is enough rope to tend to all the scum when justice day comes a calling.

There will never be any such day because people like you talk a lot of shit, but you're nothing more than keyboard warriors.

Who is being discriminated against? There is a man or a women in America that can't get married. You are acting like having a pilots license and a car license is the same thing. The definition of marriage is set be law it is not set by any other official document. Marriage, both heterosexual, and it it comes to it homosexual are not civil rights. The only time it is a civil right is when it was applied to bi-racial marriages between a man and a woman.

For the haters, their hatred does not get to eviscerate the 14th amendments guarantee of civil liberties.

Be all the bullies you want to be; you don't to use the government to do that anymore.

Freewill, standing in the corner screaming "I don't understand why" is laughable. STFU, kindly. :lol:L

ok, now what?

are we suppose to stand on our heads, do cartwheels, have an orgasm...?

No, we are suppose to accept the will of those who really like imposing their will on everyone else. Majority doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. Nothing matters but for them to "win."

For the haters, their hatred does not get to eviscerate the 14th amendments guarantee of civil liberties.

Be all the bullies you want to be; you don't to use the government to do that anymore.

Again, instead of quoting the lame ass talking point about the 14 th amendment show me where marriage is defined as a right? If it is a right do you agree it therefore can not be denied? Of course you won't because that doesn't fit your agenda of getting everyone to accept what you force upon us. The only time it could ever be a civil right is if, by the now definition of marriage, a man was prohibited from marrying a woman because of race.

What those who are forcing their will on everyone else and lying about hate are doing is changing the definition of marriage. And when they can't get that accomplished through the law they have a judge, ONE PERSON, decide that the majority is wrong. That's not a Republic, that is not democracy, that is dictatorship at its worse.

ok, now what?

No, we are suppose to accept the will of those who really like imposing their will on everyone else. Majority doesn't matter. Truth doesn't matter. Nothing matters but for them to "win."

These are the kinds of mistakes that have far reaching implications. Liberals believe that in time the resentment will die down and people will accept it as normal as any traditional marriage. They haven't considered that it might just result in simmering resentments with periodic explosions. At the very best, the most they can hope for is that it ends up like the Civil Rights Act, a failure on many levels.

ok, now what?

These are the kinds of mistakes that have far reaching implications. Liberals believe that in time the resentment will die down and people will accept it as normal as any traditional marriage. They haven't considered that it might just result in simmering resentments with periodic explosions. At the very best, the most they can hope for is that it ends up like the Civil Rights Act, a failure on many levels.

The truth is that for myself I don't really give a crap what gays do. Until they start parading down the street 1/2 naked celebrating their sexual proclivity. OR I don't really like the lying that is going on in their defense. Liberals don't give a crap about gays they care about forcing their will on everyone else.

Again, instead of quoting the lame ass talking point about the 14 th amendment show me where marriage is defined as a right? If it is a right do you agree it therefore can not be denied? Of course you won't because that doesn't fit your agenda of getting everyone to accept what you force upon us. The only time it could ever be a civil right is if, by the now definition of marriage, a man was prohibited from marrying a woman because of race.

What those who are forcing their will on everyone else and lying about hate are doing is changing the definition of marriage. And when they can't get that accomplished through the law they have a judge, ONE PERSON, decide that the majority is wrong. That's not a Republic, that is not democracy, that is dictatorship at its worse.

Any lame ass talking point is to suggest that the 14th does not overrule your hate, Freewill.

Step along, nothing to see here.

Any lame ass talking point is to suggest that the 14th does not overrule your hate, Freewill.

Step along, nothing to see here.

see what you do, you lie. That is all you got jake is lies. I never said a bad word about gays, not one, except MAYBE that parades celebrating sexual proclivity is wrong, but even that isn't hate.

No, you lie and you can't defend your position without lying. You say marriage is a civil right but won't explain how. I explained it to you Fake but you still lie.

Now, I will answer the question I have posed to you and your ilk many times.

No, marriage is not a civil rights because not all men and women can marry. Much like a pilot can't drive a car without a license to drive that car.

Yes, it is a civil right (based on what I don't know) therefore any man can marry any women. Cousin can marry cousin and brother can marry sister. Sex doesn't matter we are talking marriage. So anyone can get married it is not like the old days were the marriage had to be consummated.

So which one you picking jake? I really am surprised that it is always my side that is tolerant.

The way that would bring this to a peaceful conclusion would be to allow gays to consider themselves anything they want, but everyone else retains their own rights of association and contract. Now we have live and let live.

The way that would bring this to a peaceful conclusion would be to allow gays to consider themselves anything they want, but everyone else retains their own rights of association and contract. Now we have live and let live.

Can't that be the way it is now? What is stopping two people from saying they are married and treating their significant other as an married person would?

And once again the will of ALL the people is just tossed in the trash thanks to some tyrant in a robe leftist commie "judge" who thinks its title makes it above the people...

The government is not allowed to discriminate even if the people will it. It's that simple.

Sure hope there is enough rope to tend to all the scum when justice day comes a calling.

There will never be any such day because people like you talk a lot of shit, but you're nothing more than keyboard warriors.

ANY man and ANY woman in the US can get married right now if they wanted to...no one is being discriminated against. Simple as that. Oh and yes that day is coming faster and faster its picking up speed and TBH I can't wait! Ohhh maybe we can use the the ole french revolution way with the politicians!?

ANY man and ANY woman in the US can get married right now if they wanted to...no one is being discriminated against. Simple as that. Oh and yes that day is coming faster and faster its picking up speed and TBH I can't wait! Ohhh maybe we can use the the ole french revolution way with the politicians!?

I do wonder why they just can't admit that they are changing the definition of marriage. They are so disingenuous that they can't even admit the truth. I think that is the only reason I even enter into these discussions.

I do wonder why they just can't admit that they are changing the definition of marriage. They are so disingenuous that they can't even admit the truth. I think that is the only reason I even enter into these discussions.

They can’t ‘admit’ to something that isn’t true.

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contracts as they are written now, unaltered, unchanged, and not ‘redefined.’

The fact that marriage law is identical for both same- and opposite-sex couples is why measures prohibiting same-sex couples to access marriage law are being invalidated as un-Constitutional.

The definition of marriage remains the same, the law remains the same: a union of two equal partners as recognized by the state, be they same- or opposite-sex partners.

Who is being discriminated against? There is a man or a women in America that can't get married. You are acting like having a pilots license and a car license is the same thing. The definition of marriage is set be law it is not set by any other official document. Marriage, both heterosexual, and it it comes to it homosexual are not civil rights. The only time it is a civil right is when it was applied to bi-racial marriages between a man and a woman.

You can keep telling yourself that until the cows come home if you want, but you're wrong and you are going to continue losing this fight.

You can keep telling yourself that until the cows come home if you want, but you're wrong and you are going to continue losing this fight.

Funny, people keep saying that but have of yet told me why I am wrong except some vague reference to the 14 amendment. IF it is a civil right then it CAN NOT be restricted and it is. Driving is not a civil right neither is marriage. And if you want to argue it is a civil right it is a right only between a man and woman. Unless the definition is changed which is in fact what the minority wants to force upon the majority.

So tell me EXACTLY where is the right of marriage between two of the same sex spelled out. You know like freedom of speech or freedom of assembly.

They can’t ‘admit’ to something that isn’t true.

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contracts as they are written now, unaltered, unchanged, and not ‘redefined.’

The fact that marriage law is identical for both same- and opposite-sex couples is why measures prohibiting same-sex couples to access marriage law are being invalidated as un-Constitutional.

The definition of marriage remains the same, the law remains the same: a union of two equal partners as recognized by the state, be they same- or opposite-sex partners.

As I said you just won't admit it. 20 years ago if you mentioned marriage it was between a man and woman. That is how it was for ALL the laws passed. If not then anything goes.

BTW here is a site telling you where gay marriage is illegal either due to law or the Constitution. And if you member, apparently you don't, many of the states where it is now legal had to have courts rule on legality.

Where gay marriage stands in all 50 states

Last edited:

Same-sex couples are being discriminated against, where they constitute a class of persons entitled to Constitutional protections. The state failed to provide a rational basis to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, absent evidence in support of the amendment and absent a proper legislative end; the amendment sought only to make same-sex couples different from everyone. This Michigan cannot do. A state cannot deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws (Romer v. Evans (1996)).

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contacts, the same as opposite sex couples, for the state to deny them that access is to violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

It’s all explained in the court’s ruling, and the ruling was linked earlier in this thread.

Same-sex couples are being discriminated against, where they constitute a class of persons entitled to Constitutional protections. The state failed to provide a rational basis to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, absent evidence in support of the amendment and absent a proper legislative end; the amendment sought only to make same-sex couples different from everyone. This Michigan cannot do. A state cannot deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws (Romer v. Evans (1996)).

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contacts, the same as opposite sex couples, for the state to deny them that access is to violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

It’s all explained in the court’s ruling, and the ruling was linked earlier in this thread.

I don't doubt that is the only reasoning that makes any sense out of the discussion but I call it poppycock. If you wish to accept that, then a person with a car drivers license should be able to fly a plane. Heterosexual marriage and homosexual marriage are not the same thing no matter how much you want to believe. Every time the citizens have had a chance to vote on the issue they turned down gay marriage yet unlike Obamacare we are told that a perfectly legal vote does not matter.

But if you are going to argue equal protection without a change in the definition, then how do you stop a brother marrying his sister?

Last edited:
The will of the people be damned.

This is good news for sodomites everywhere.

Why should the "non-sodomites' care?

Incidently, if your girlfriend ever gave you something that Lewinsky was famous for, you were technically a "sodomite".

As I have explained elsewhere, the non-sodomites care only because they care about winning and forcing their world view on everyone else.

Forum List

Back