Michigan Rejects 846 Mailed Ballots 'Because the Voter Was Dead'

They are asking for money because we are in a world wide pandemic and extra measures And funds are needed.
Yet the money they're asking for has nothing to do with the pandemic and everything to do with their political agenda. You children aren't fooling anyone with your rhetorical three-card-monte.
And yes current systems are good that’s why we should be working to use improve and expand wherever we can
Then run that funding on a separate bill so the actual citizens aren't held hostage to your agenda.
The pandemic has resulted in businesses to be shut down and social distancing guidelines to be put in place In many US counties. As a public safety measure counties are trying to provide alternatives to crowded polling stations on Election Day. Mail in, drive up, early/multi day voting are all things that could be integrated. And yes, that takes time, resources and money. Why did I need to explain that to you, did you really not understand?

The pandemic has resulted in businesses to be shut down and social distancing guidelines to be put in place In many US counties. As a public safety measure counties are trying to provide alternatives to crowded polling stations on Election Day. Mail in, drive up, early/multi day voting are all things that could be integrated. And yes, that takes time, resources and money. Why did I need to explain that to you, did you really not understand?
Absentee ballot rules already exist. Do you really not understand that?

And yes current systems are good that’s why we should be working to use improve and expand wherever we can
Then run that funding on a separate bill so the actual citizens aren't held hostage to your agenda.
sure run it on a separate bill. I’m not here singing praises on what our worthless congress is doing. It’s pathetic how they try and conduct the people business.

Absentee ballot rules already exist. Do you really not understand that?
Yes I understand that Absentee Ballot Rule’s exist. What’s your point?

They don't need billions in extra funding. They want it because they're afraid their candidates can't win without the massive fraud possible by sending out ballots to every citizen, whether they requested an absentee ballot or not. TBH, it sounds like we pretty much agree. No need to attach pork to a bill designed to help individual citizens through the governor imposed shutdowns.

Shows Michigan has one tight system, of verifying mail in votes.

Every state should do what they do!

...and 846 were not accepted because the voter was dead, according to data from Benson's office.

Those individuals listed as dead or moved include voters who died or moved out of the jurisdiction after submitting their absentee ballots, Benson's spokeswoman Tracy Wimmer said. The state gets monthly updates from the Social Securinty Administration regarding new Michigan deaths so officials can identify ballots filed by people who have since died.

It proves the system works. No need to worry. Due to the volume however, we probably won't know who won for a few days after election day.

They don't need billions in extra funding. They want it because they're afraid their candidates can't win without the massive fraud possible by sending out ballots to every citizen, whether they requested an absentee ballot or not. TBH, it sounds like we pretty much agree. No need to attach pork to a bill designed to help individual citizens through the governor imposed shutdowns.
That’s just silly... first off, no evidence of widespread fraud, there are safeguards in place. Also what makes you think the fraud would come from just the Left. The Right has a pretty sketch history with votIng and election issues.

I agree with you about the waste needless pork in these bills are... but more so on the ineffectiveness of our elected Reps in congress

That’s just silly...
In your opinion. I'm quite certain I find many of your views silly as well.
first off, no evidence of widespread fraud,
Who said fraud had to be widespread for any action to be taken?
there are safeguards in place.
In the current absentee balloting requirements, yes. Who knows what may happen when the floodgates are opened like the dems want?
Also what makes you think the fraud would come from just the Left.
I don't think that. Making fraud easier by mass disassociating physical presence from voting would certainly make it easier for both sides.
The Right has a pretty sketch history with votIng and election issues.
As does the left. Let's make it harder for both by requiring ID at the polls and strict verification of absentees.

I agree with you about the waste needless pork in these bills are... but more so on the ineffectiveness of our elected Reps in congress
Amen, brother.

That’s just silly...
In the current absentee balloting requirements, yes. Who knows what may happen when the floodgates are opened like the dems want?
I don't think that. Making fraud easier by mass disassociating physical presence from voting would certainly make it easier for both sides.
As does the left. Let's make it harder for both by requiring ID at the polls and strict verification of absentees.

Amen, brother.
Fraud doesn’t need to be widespread to take action, I think we should always be working to make our systems as safe secure and efficient as possible. But the way Trump and his people are fighting against it, they are grossly misrepresenting the problem.

and yes safeguards are in place for absentee but also for universal as many places do that. There is not a very big difference.

If Dems want to send ballots to every American and Reps want to not do any more mail in than what has been done in the fast, then doesn’t the practical soLotion fall somewhere in the middle?

Fraud doesn’t need to be widespread to take action,
Agreed.
I think we should always be working to make our systems as safe secure and efficient as possible.
I think we should always be working to make the government smaller and less intrusive in our daily lives.
But the way Trump and his people are fighting against it, they are grossly misrepresenting the problem.
Disagree.
and yes safeguards are in place for absentee but also for universal as many places do that. There is not a very big difference.
In one situation, people are vetted as they personally request to vote via mail. In the other, ballots are automatically sent out, no pre-verification or request required. Surely you can discern the difference.
If Dems want to send ballots to every American and Reps want to not do any more mail in than what has been done in the fast, then doesn’t the practical soLotion fall somewhere in the middle?
We already have a solution that falls in the middle. You can vote by mail, but you have to be vetted first to prevent fraud.

In the end, you do you and I'll do me. I'm of the opinion that the dems want to throw a monkey wrench in this election because Biden is senile. You are free to disagree.

Agreed.
I think we should always be working to make our systems as safe secure and efficient as possible.
I think we should always be working to make the government smaller and less intrusive in our daily lives.
But the way Trump and his people are fighting against it, they are grossly misrepresenting the problem.
Disagree.
In one situation, people are vetted as they personally request to vote via mail. In the other, ballots are automatically sent out, no pre-verification or request required. Surely you can discern the difference.
We already have a solution that falls in the middle. You can vote by mail, but you have to be vetted first to prevent fraud.

In the end, you do you and I'll do me. I'm of the opinion that the dems want to throw a monkey wrench in this election because Biden is senile. You are free to disagree.
Ballots are sent to registered voters with signatures on file and to the address they registered with. What other kind of verification and vetting do you want?

Agreed.
Disagree.

I’m not a dem but in this election do support Biden over Trump because I think Trump is tearing this country apart. I don’t see the Dems trying to throw a wrench in this election. I see Trump actively fighting against the mail in voting system which he Himself uses! And also fighting against the post office. He is politicizing the entire thing instead of trying to help make it better and he is setting up his fallback if he loses. Blame it on a rigged system. It is very transparent and very bogus

Ballots are sent to registered voters with signatures on file and to the address they registered with. What other kind of verification and vetting do you want?
We do not have universal mail-in voting, so you can't really know how such a program will be rolled out, especially when it's rushed to meet a political agenda.

I’m not a dem but in this election do support Biden over Trump because I think Trump is tearing this country apart
Your actions speak louder than your words. You're voting democrat over republican. That's the definition of being democrat.
. I don’t see the Dems trying to throw a wrench in this election.
I do.
I see Trump actively fighting against the mail in voting system which he Himself uses!
You fail to see the difference between what exists and what is being proposed, then. Trump has no problem with absentee ballots.
And also fighting against the post office.
There is no fight between Trump and the USPS.
He is politicizing the entire thing instead of trying to help make it better
Disagree.
and he is setting up his fallback if he loses.
Disagree.
Blame it on a rigged system.
Like the left has been doing since 2016 regarding the electoral college?
It is very transparent and very bogus
Indeed, it is. We have the EC for a very good reason and it's worked fine for over 200 years.

We do not have universal mail-in voting, so you can't really know how such a program will be rolled out, especially when it's rushed to meet a political agenda.
We have universal mail in many areas. It’s not inventing the wheel

I’m not a dem but in this election do support Biden over Trump because I think Trump is tearing this country apart
Your actions speak louder than your words. You're voting democrat over republican. That's the definition of being democrat.
. I don’t see the Dems trying to throw a wrench in this election.
I do.
I see Trump actively fighting against the mail in voting system which he Himself uses!
You fail to see the difference between what exists and what is being proposed, then. Trump has no problem with absentee ballots.
And also fighting against the post office.
There is no fight between Trump and the USPS.
He is politicizing the entire thing instead of trying to help make it better
Disagree.
and he is setting up his fallback if he loses.
Disagree.
Blame it on a rigged system.
Like the left has been doing since 2016 regarding the electoral college?
It is very transparent and very bogus
Indeed, it is. We have the EC for a very good reason and it's worked fine for over 200 years.
The definition of being democrat is registering for the Democratic Party. Then you’re a democrat.

The silly thing here is disingenuous leftists acting as if mass vote-by-mail is justified because not enough people have been caught casting fraudulent votes. If you want to vote by mail, there is already a system in place to do so.

Yes, there is. We are just making it easier.

Here's what terrifies you. If it were easier to vote, it would easier for poor people to vote, and they aren't voting Republican... I mean outside the white trash trailer parks, anyway.

Five states already have 100 percent mail in voting

Can anyone show that those states have more voter fraud than other states?

That’s just silly...

Amen, brother.
Fraud doesn’t need to be widespread to take action, I think we should always be working to make our systems as safe secure and efficient as possible. But the way Trump and his people are fighting against it, they are grossly misrepresenting the problem.

Just an FYI.....dems don't want to send them to every American...... some want to send them to every REGISTERED American voter in their state.

The definition of being democrat is registering for the Democratic Party. Then you’re a democrat.
A distinction without a difference when you admit you're voting for their candidates in the election.

Forum List

Back