Microbeads

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Well, I suppose Illinois felt that it needed to be first in something...

Governor signs bill making Illinois first state to ban microbeads - chicagotribune.com

Environmentalists have said the non-biodegradable plastic particles used as exfoliants in many facial cleansers and soaps slip through sewage system filters and pile up in waterways, where they suck up toxins and harm wildlife. Preliminary studies in Lake Michigan have found millions of microbeads.

They "suck up toxins"?

Quinn's the suck up here, pandering to the enviros. The state is billions in debt, has billions more in unfunded pensions, unemployment is soaring, three times as many people are leaving the state as are moving into the state, and corruption is rampant.

And if he's so worried about Lake Michigan, why doesn't he do something about Chicago flushing its sewage into the lake. They repeatedly shut down their beaches due to high levels of fecal coliform.

They have to on Beaver Lake in NW Ark., they let homeowners use septic system to close to the shore...

Well, I suppose Illinois felt that it needed to be first in something...

Governor signs bill making Illinois first state to ban microbeads - chicagotribune.com

Environmentalists have said the non-biodegradable plastic particles used as exfoliants in many facial cleansers and soaps slip through sewage system filters and pile up in waterways, where they suck up toxins and harm wildlife. Preliminary studies in Lake Michigan have found millions of microbeads.

millions of microbeads?

what's that, a cup full?

:lol:

my family kept asking me to move back and I kept saying "Not a chance" to my mom and sister and "no fucking way" to my dad

My mom, the last one still in Il, moves in ~ 3 months to KY

They "suck up toxins"?

Quinn's the suck up here, pandering to the enviros. The state is billions in debt, has billions more in unfunded pensions, unemployment is soaring, three times as many people are leaving the state as are moving into the state, and corruption is rampant.

And if he's so worried about Lake Michigan, why doesn't he do something about Chicago flushing its sewage into the lake. They repeatedly shut down their beaches due to high levels of fecal coliform.

You know this, have known for a long time and you stay b/c?????????????

They "suck up toxins"?

You know this, have known for a long time and you stay b/c?????????????

This is where my manufacturing base is. If I could move it, I would.

I could move myself but my business would still be subjected to the 9th highest tax burden in the U.S., exorbitant Worker's Comp rates, and I'd be hit with a non-resident state income tax.

They "suck up toxins"?

They don't biodegrade because they are non porous plastic. So that kinda contradicts itself lol. That aside I have no problem with it.

So, what's so complicated? This is simply plastic waste. Not a good thing, but there are substitutes. There are biodegradable plastics and I've been using a soap for a couple of years that contains silica sand as an abrasive. New form of Lava Soap I think.

So, what's so complicated? This is simply plastic waste. Not a good thing, but there are substitutes. There are biodegradable plastics and I've been using a soap for a couple of years that contains silica sand as an abrasive. New form of Lava Soap I think.

Silica sand is a big component in the slurries used in hydraulic fracturing. The enviro-whacks are so screwed up they've now gone after this industry in an effort to halt fracking.

Forum List

Back