micromanaging the internet

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Simple question.

Under the NN rules all content was treated the same and the ISPs could not slow or speed up certain things.

Under the new rules if the ISPs can block, throttle or give paid prioritization to any content they wish, but it has to be evaluated by the FTC and approved or disapproved by them. So, each decision to block, throttle or give paid prioritization to content will be evaluated by the FTC and approved or disapproved by them.

So, now without any name calling or debate of right or wrong, which of those two things sound more like micromanaging?

So, now without any name calling or debate of right or wrong, which of those two things sound there will be more involvement by the government?

Simple question.

Under the NN rules all content was treated the same and the ISPs could not slow or speed up certain things.

Under the new rules if the ISPs can block, throttle or give paid prioritization to any content they wish, but it has to be evaluated by the FTC and approved or disapproved by them. So, each decision to block, throttle or give paid prioritization to content will be evaluated by the FTC and approved or disapproved by them.

So, now without any name calling or debate of right or wrong, which of those two things sound more like micromanaging?

So, now without any name calling or debate of right or wrong, which of those two things sound there will be more involvement by the government?

I don't know, to be honest both options sound like they suck.

But given that the protesters of the law look like this:

636488484701477747-GTY-892296992.jpg

I take my bet on the new law being at least better. The leftists will be made to look like fools when none of the disasters will come to pass, which is always a nice bonus.

Simple question.

I take my bet on the new law being better.

Is it the woman or black man that you do not like the looks of?

Simple question.

I take my bet on the new law being at least better. The leftists will be made to look like fools when none of the disasters will come to pass, which is always a nice bonus.

When your favourite free sites start taking forever to load, if at all, and only the paid sites are quickly loaded, you’ll change your tune.

Simple question.

No tickee no washee. That is the nature of business.

Simple question.

I take my bet on the new law being better.

Is it the woman or black man that you do not like the looks of?

The white SJW gender warrior woman can't possibly mean any good to anyone. If this gal opposes the law, that's better indication than any that good things are being done. Spares me a lot of time on digging all the facts when such a simple test has never failed me.

Simple question.

You did not answer the question, why is that?

Simple question.

When your favourite free sites start taking forever to load, if at all, and only the paid sites are quickly loaded, you’ll change your tune.

I had no experience of that sort prior to the Obama administration poking its excrement-encrusted fingers into private business practices. I see little reason to think that I shall experience that now with their rule abolished.

Besides, you don't seem to be an American, so your opinion means nothing.

Simple question.

You did not answer the question, why is that?

I don't play the usual head games.

Simple question.

I had no experience of that sort prior to the Obama administration poking its excrement-encrusted fingers into private business practices. I see little reason to think that I shall experience that with their rule abolished.

The Internet is now the basis of our economy.
Such was not the case a scant few years ago.

Simple question.

I had no experience of that sort prior to the Obama administration poking its excrement-encrusted fingers into private business practices. I see little reason to think that I shall experience that now with their rule abolished.

I’m not an American so it won’t happen to me. All my pages load fast.

Simple question.

Did I spot a question... when?

The answer is of course, never.

Buy a decent comp and contract for decent DL speeds, and so shall they all.

I do expect that we will start to see tiers of service like cable TV packages once the Telecoms figure out what the FTC will allow and what it will not.

Simple question.

We didn't have net neutrality 2 years ago.

What did we fix with that act again? I don't recall any of this being an issue. More like a solution looking for a problem.

Simple question.

What did we fix with that act again? I don't recall any of this being an issue. More like a solution looking for a problem.
No Net Neutrality, no voice in politics.

Simple question.

that does not address my questions. And also two years ago we did not have the FTC with the power to approve or disapprove business decisions, but we do now.

So, again...

Which of the two sound more like micromanaging?

Which of the two sound like they will have more involvement by the government?

Simple question.

No Net Neutrality, no voice in politics.

Was there no voice in politics prior to NN?

Buy a decent comp and contract for decent DL speeds, and so shall they all.

I do expect that we will start to see tiers of service like cable TV packages once the Telecoms figure out what the FTC will allow and what it will not.

We already have different levels of DL speed here.

Same here, but I do not have to pay more to access a certain site or a certain group of sites. I can do whatever my speed allows.

I cannot see how the ISPs would not start to do the same thing now as it would be a huge money makers and money is all that matters to them.

Bronze package - basic web browsing capabilities.
Silver package - music streaming added
Gold package - streaming TV services added.

Something along those lines.

Forum List

Back