Middle America Rattled by Jobs Report

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
For the past four years, inflation has rattled local small businesses across the country. The inflation rate peaked in 2022, but of course the cost of goods never went back down.

In fact, the prices just kept rising, just not at the same clip they had been rising at the peak.

In short, gas prices, food prices, housing prices, energy prices and insurance costs are still blowing away everyday people's budgets, making them cut costs on essentials or drive up credit card debt despite the Biden-Harris administration consistently dismissing their plight for two years.

On Friday, things just became worse for middle America's economic concerns when the latest jobs report for July showed that not only has job growth slowed to an alarming number, only adding 114,000 jobs on a seasonally adjusted basis when experts had been expecting 176,00 new jobs, but the June and May jobs reports were revised lower by 29,000 jobs.

This means 10 of the last 14 reports have now been revised lower.

Which means all those jobs report headlines that we've read for the past year, suggesting the economy is booming, were mistaken. The truth is that jobs numbers in this country are weak, and the new unemployment rate of 4.3% is now the highest it has been since 2021. The reality has been what small businesses and consumers have been warning about for a while: The trends on the ground in real life show a very different world than the headlines.

BJ-
It's all a three-card monte in the best of times.
This is not the best of times.

Someone Cue Joe to come explain how everything with the economy is perfect.

For the past four years, inflation has rattled local small businesses across the country. The inflation rate peaked in 2022, but of course the cost of goods never went back down.

In fact, the prices just kept rising, just not at the same clip they had been rising at the peak.

In short, gas prices, food prices, housing prices, energy prices and insurance costs are still blowing away everyday people's budgets, making them cut costs on essentials or drive up credit card debt despite the Biden-Harris administration consistently dismissing their plight for two years.

On Friday, things just became worse for middle America's economic concerns when the latest jobs report for July showed that not only has job growth slowed to an alarming number, only adding 114,000 jobs on a seasonally adjusted basis when experts had been expecting 176,00 new jobs, but the June and May jobs reports were revised lower by 29,000 jobs.

Which means all those jobs report headlines that we've read for the past year, suggesting the economy is booming, were mistaken. The truth is that jobs numbers in this country are weak, and the new unemployment rate of 4.3% is now the highest it has been since 2021. The reality has been what small businesses and consumers have been warning about for a while: The trends on the ground in real life show a very different world than the headlines.

BJ-

Evidently someone has stopped fudging the numbers now that Biden has dropped out of the next election.

BJ-

All of it is about to come crashing down.
  • 3.5 years of open borders and welcoming in illegals, who are doing little other than driving up rents and crime rates.
  • Biden's inflation
  • Government fudging of all of the economic data
  • 35 trillion dollars in debt

Stock up!

If a friend gets laid-off it's a economic downturn, if you get laid-off then it's a recession.

People have to feel pain before they act to get shed of those responsible for the pain.

Pain is a-comin'.
I just sold 10% of my holdings into cash in case it looks like the Marxist might win because the media has been successful in hiding how bad she is. If we can get out the truth about her radical record, and keep peppering the airwaves with her airhead nothing speeches, then it will look promising for Trump and I’ll move back in.

I just sold 10% of my holdings into cash in case it looks like the Marxist might win because the media has been successful in hiding how bad she is. If we can get out the truth about her radical record, and keep peppering the airwaves with her airhead nothing speeches, then it will look promising for Trump and I’ll move back in.

spongebob-patrick.gif

BJ-

Doesn't matter though because we have enough stupid people in the nation to elect Malaka on the basis of her genitalia and melatonin alone, no matter how miserable it makes their lives.

Here's the thing. We've had a Marxist in there, in a stolen election, for 3.5 years and I'll be the first one to admit I thought the market was going to crash years ago. It hasn't happened, and crashes rarely seem to happen when they are expected. So I for one, do not know -- but it's certainly prudent to take risk off the table and go into bonds, etc rather than stocks for a while.

Forum List

Back