🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Middle Class Tax Cuts OK - But Increases for Movie Stars OK Too

I think its cute that he thinks Trump is going to tax the rich to save our nation. lmao

On the corporate side, the only way Trump can afford to give some corporations a tax break down to 15% is to raise taxes on the abusive companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart, etc. who have buried billions of dollars in foreign tax havens.

There are 3 proposals by Trump/Ryan on this:

1 - give Apple et all a big tax hit on their foreign haven income (all of it and spread the payment over 10 years); and/or

2 - tax overseas earnings in the USA every year just like US income; and/or

3 - repeal the deduction for COGS on all imported foreign products of all US companies.

You can bet your bippy that Apple et all are going to fight this with lobbying and bribes.

And the foreign companies doing business in the USA (like Samsung) will lose their biggest deduction so they will lobby and bribe too.

I don't think Trump/Ryan will be able to pull anything off.

Do you have any clue how much that would cost the corrupt, crooked drumpf klan?

Don't hold your breath for them to raise taxes on themselves.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Well you need to remember Trump's primary objective.

His primary objective is to get rid of Jimmy Carter's 1979 Alt Min Tax which costs Trump $31 million per year.

For that he will trade-off his own corporate tax benefits -- since his corporations mostly lose money and don't pay much tax anyway.

There is just now way to do it however.

The far right will not let Trump skyrocket the deficit.

Trump was counting on Trumpcare to soak the poor and thereby give him more revenues to redistribute to the rich with.

Trumpcare did not fly, nor can it ever. The outcry is too loud.

So now Trump is dead in the water -- he has no Trumpcare money to give himself as a tax cut.

That was is master plan and the primary objective.

The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley and bring us ought but grief and pain. (Robert Burns)

Nobody deserves that.

Our taxes won't change much. And if one group pays less than another group will need to pay more.

So it simply won't happen for individuals.
Yes they do. They deserve more than a 90% individual tax. They deserve to spend a couple of years waiting on tables, mopping floors, fighting fires, working in coal mines, and fighting ISIS in Mosul.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see them bring back the draft, and let some of these loudmouths go through Army or Marines boot camp ? I'd pay to see that.

Here's who have said those words >>

920x1240.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-27_13-27-13.jpeg
    upload_2017-3-27_13-27-13.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2017-3-27_13-28-3.jpeg
    upload_2017-3-27_13-28-3.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 23
Well, what goes around comes around. OK Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, et al loudmoputh Trump Bashers. And LeBron James, and Colin Kapernick....Aren't you guys the liberals who have been also crowing about raising taxes on the rich ? Well guess what. You guys are the highest paid workers in America. You ARE that "rich" you were talking about.

I'm for the low (15%) corporate tax that Trump has long proposed. I'm also for cutting taxes on the middle class, and even semi-wealthy as well,....BUT....when it comes to the multimillionaire movie stars (especially the loudmouth Trump bashers) I'm for major tax INCREASES on them/ So Meryl Streep, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin, and all the rest - I can't see giving them tax cuts. Not hardly.

As for the sports athletes, who mouth off equally loud against America and Trump (LeBron James, Colin Kapernick, et al), while pocketing millions$$ per year, they could pay 90% for all I care.

So OK let's give them what they say they support.

The problem is that Democrats have a different definition of Middle Class. For example, they believe that plumber working as a subcontractor netting $70k/year after taxes, expenses, etc. against a gross of $250K per year should be considered part of "the wealthy" and is not Middle Class.

Gullible RWNJs actually believe drumpf will keep his promise to cut their taxes? He lied about Mexico paying for ridiculous wall and he's owned by Goldmann Sach, lobbyists and other 1%. Who do you fools think is paying for that wall and his other disasters?
What in the world gives you the idea that Trump lied about Mexico paying for the wall ? Of course they're going to pay for it. There's no way they can avoid doing that. Trump has all the leverage - The wall is no more than $14 Billion and remittances$$, welfare, foreign aid, are far more than that, and there's always a good old fashioned 1848 ass-kicking as well. :Boom2:

But then I'm talking to an information-deprived liberal who's a victim of liberal OMMISION media, aren't I ? :rolleyes:

Movie stars, pro athletes, rock stars with Million$/yr income should be taxed 90%. Those who mouth off the most should be audited by the IRS. :badgrin:

No, I see several liberal stripes on you. This "tax the rich" crap is liberal. You wanting the gov't to take things over for your benefit is also a liberal bit of bullshit.
You must be young. For your edification, half of the last 6 Republican presidents had HIGHER taxes on the rich than Obama and Clinton. Eisenhower had 90-91%. Nixon and Ford both had 70%. Obama's highest was only 39%. No charge for the tutoring.

As for me "wanting the gov't to take things over" for my benefit, what are you talking about ? And I can give you plenty of instances where Republicans were in favor of govt taking over things (do think they supported VIOXX ?)

No, I see several liberal stripes on you. This "tax the rich" crap is liberal. You wanting the gov't to take things over for your benefit is also a liberal bit of bullshit.
You must be young. For your edification, half of the last 6 Republican presidents had HIGHER taxes on the rich than Obama and Clinton. Eisenhower had 90-91%. Nixon and Ford both had 70%. Obama's highest was only 39%. No charge for the tutoring.

As for me "wanting the gov't to take things over" for my benefit, what are you talking about ? And I can give you plenty of instances where Republicans were in favor of govt taking over things (do think they supported VIOXX ?)

Reagan, Bush & Bush lowered the tax rate on the rich. Taxing the rich has been a liberal chant for years.

Movie stars, pro athletes, rock stars with Million$/yr income should be taxed 90%. Those who mouth off the most should be audited by the IRS. :badgrin:

The average career for a pro athlete is less than 6 years. Assuming 4 years of college, that means at 26 or 27 they are done earning from their gift. Then they have to live for almost 40 years on what they have saved or invested.

The average career for a pro athlete is less than 6 years. Assuming 4 years of college, that means at 26 or 27 they are done earning from their gift. Then they have to live for almost 40 years on what they have saved or invested.
6 years ? Doesn't sound right.

Assuming 4 years of college ? Why ? Many never went to college ? Did Alex Rodriquez ? >> Rodriguez turned down Miami's baseball scholarship and never played college baseball, opting instead to sign with the Seattle Mariners after being selected in the first round of the 1993 amateur draft at the age of 17.[13]

Also Rodiguez, after baseball went on to a lucrative career in TV broadcasting (and has done well with it , IMO). Other players, after baseball, write books, star in movies (ex. Jimmy Brown), and still other take the millions they made as players, and invest it. With smart investing, these guys could live for 4 HUNDRED years on what they've saved/invested.

Tears for pro athletes ? Wow! We hear a lot of strange things nowadays but sob stories for pro athletes ? Pheeew! That's a stretch. :rolleyes:

It's easy for them to say, knowing their write offs are so high, they probably wouldn't pay a dime extra.
Well, what goes around comes around. OK Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, et al loudmoputh Trump Bashers. And LeBron James, and Colin Kapernick....Aren't you guys the liberals who have been also crowing about raising taxes on the rich ? Well guess what. You guys are the highest paid workers in America. You ARE that "rich" you were talking about.

I'm for the low (15%) corporate tax that Trump has long proposed. I'm also for cutting taxes on the middle class, and even semi-wealthy as well,....BUT....when it comes to the multimillionaire movie stars (especially the loudmouth Trump bashers) I'm for major tax INCREASES on them/ So Meryl Streep, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin, and all the rest - I can't see giving them tax cuts. Not hardly.

As for the sports athletes, who mouth off equally loud against America and Trump (LeBron James, Colin Kapernick, et al), while pocketing millions$$ per year, they could pay 90% for all I care.

So OK let's give them what they say they support.

That alt min tax also costs many a retiree with only $50 grand in income, buku's a year. Bet you never thought of that side of the equation, did you?
On the corporate side, the only way Trump can afford to give some corporations a tax break down to 15% is to raise taxes on the abusive companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart, etc. who have buried billions of dollars in foreign tax havens.

There are 3 proposals by Trump/Ryan on this:

1 - give Apple et all a big tax hit on their foreign haven income (all of it and spread the payment over 10 years); and/or

2 - tax overseas earnings in the USA every year just like US income; and/or

3 - repeal the deduction for COGS on all imported foreign products of all US companies.

You can bet your bippy that Apple et all are going to fight this with lobbying and bribes.

And the foreign companies doing business in the USA (like Samsung) will lose their biggest deduction so they will lobby and bribe too.

Do you have any clue how much that would cost the corrupt, crooked drumpf klan?

Don't hold your breath for them to raise taxes on themselves.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Well you need to remember Trump's primary objective.

His primary objective is to get rid of Jimmy Carter's 1979 Alt Min Tax which costs Trump $31 million per year.

For that he will trade-off his own corporate tax benefits -- since his corporations mostly lose money and don't pay much tax anyway.

There is just now way to do it however.

The far right will not let Trump skyrocket the deficit.

Trump was counting on Trumpcare to soak the poor and thereby give him more revenues to redistribute to the rich with.

Trumpcare did not fly, nor can it ever. The outcry is too loud.

So now Trump is dead in the water -- he has no Trumpcare money to give himself as a tax cut.

That was is master plan and the primary objective.

The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley and bring us ought but grief and pain. (Robert Burns)

Forum List

Back