Miguel Cabrera 10 years 300 million

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Richest contract in sports history. Wow. Just wow.

Well, based on his productivity the last couple years, he deserves to be the highest paid player in the land. But I have to think it's a questionable business move. When he gets into his late 30's (assuming he doesn't take steroids), he will be significantly over-paid.

I know of a couple of fairly good-sized businesses, employing a lot of people, who don't have gross revenues of 30 million.

It's a pity how much of it will be eaten up in income taxes. Strong argument for a hard-dollar cap on all income taxes. What did The Government do to deserve this windfall? Nada.

Well, based on his productivity the last couple years, he deserves to be the highest paid player in the land. But I have to think it's a questionable business move. When he gets into his late 30's (assuming he doesn't take steroids), he will be significantly over-paid.

I know of a couple of fairly good-sized businesses, employing a lot of people, who don't have gross revenues of 30 million.

It's a pity how much of it will be eaten up in income taxes. Strong argument for a hard-dollar cap on all income taxes. What did The Government do to deserve this windfall? Nada.

$17 TRILLION national debt to be paid, and you're whining about an athlete getting taxed for playing a game in which he's grossly over paid. Don't cry too many tears, the rich have tax shelters that help his money grubbing.

Don't make this thread about politics please!

He is probably the best all Around hitter in baseball, but is it wise to sign a player over 30 to a ten year contract worth 300 million? I say Hells no! This contract and the cano contract will be the worst contacts in baseball soon. Watch.

Don't make this thread about politics please!

He is probably the best all Around hitter in baseball, but is it wise to sign a player over 30 to a ten year contract worth 300 million? I say Hells no! This contract and the cano contract will be the worst contacts in baseball soon. Watch.

You say don't make it about politics, then add a rightwinger political statement below your post. Nice one hypocrite.

It's stupid $300 million contracts that make tickets to a game $100.00, and college athletes want half of NCAA revenue, which will double college tuition for those that really want an education. Pft!

$17 TRILLION national debt to be paid, and you're whining about an athlete getting taxed for playing a game in which he's grossly over paid. Don't cry too many tears, the rich have tax shelters that help his money grubbing.

Considering the labor pool that can hit for a career average of .321 30 105 is pretty limited, I don't see how he is "grossly" overpaid.

Considering the labor pool that can hit for a career average of .321 30 105 is pretty limited, I don't see how he is "grossly" overpaid.

A guy playing a game gets paid $300 million is okay for you. But teachers are over paid at $30k per year. And raising the minimum wage to $10.00 an hour for those that actually work for a living, gives you a shit conniption. This is why cons lose elections.

A guy playing a game gets paid $300 million is okay for you. But teachers are over paid at $30k per year. And raising the minimum wage to $10.00 an hour for those that actually work for a living, gives you a shit conniption. This is why cons lose elections.

Open up a teaching job, and you get tons of applicants, open a job opening for someone who hits .321 30 105 and you get one or two. Open a job for a fry cook and you get more applicants than you can shake a stick at.

He gets paid that much because people pay enough to see him and watch him play.

Open up a teaching job, and you get tons of applicants, open a job opening for someone who hits .321 30 105 and you get one or two. Open a job for a fry cook and you get more applicants than you can shake a stick at.

Think I can get $300 million for people to come watch my grass grow? You're a real fart smeller, er I mean smart feller.

Last edited:

Think I can get $300 million for people to come watch my grass grow? You're a real fart smeller, er I mean smart feller.

Thank you for making my point, idiot.

Forum List

Back