Mike Pence couldn't defend Donald Trump at the Vice Presidential debate

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

This is why Kaine won the debate...Talking calmly doesn't overcome the reality that you couldn't defend Trump and had to spin around it. All the good points that will be used against Trump works in Hilary's favor.

That is the sentiment that I've heard, Pence held his own for himself but he couldn't defend Trump throughout. So it was a big loss for Trump but Pence at least was coherent as opposed to Trump.

This is why Kaine won the debate...Talking calmly doesn't overcome the reality that you couldn't defend Trump and had to spin around it. All the good points that will be used against Trump works in Hilary's favor.

I have a question for you >>>

What the hell are you (and Tim Kaine ) talking about ? :confused-84:

Here's another question. Can you defend Hillary, and this awful baggage she's got ? >>>

1. Approval of Mexican & Chinese imperialism, raiding America's economy.
2. Approval of Amnesty for illegal aliens. (anything less than deportation is amnesty)
3. Approval of Sanctuary Cities.
4. Approval of Birthright Citizenship.
5. Approval of gun-free zones.
6. Banning guns - opposition to nationwide CCW.
7. Approval of Muslim Brotherhood (has Huma Abedin-close aide)
8. Approval of Muslim immigration (including the ISIS trojan horse)
9. Approval of racist Affirmative Action
10. Damaged national security by her unsecured email server.
11. Allowed 4 men to die in Benghazi
12. Killed 50 people in the Clinton Body Count
13. Scammed millions of good-hearted people out of millions$ in her phony "Foundation"
14. Judicial watch conflict of interest report on the Clinton "Foundation"
15. Numerous scandals (Filegate, Travelgate, Whitewater, Futures Trading, Clinton Foundation, Emails, Speaking fees, etc)
16. Corporate tax increase
17. Excessive business regulation
18. Long history of support for Free Trade (NAFTA, TPP, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, etc)
19. BOUGHT by Wall St. and other special interests (over $200 Million)
20. Atrocious pro-Muslim Brotherhood record in the State Dept.

It's a debate you fools. One adult showed up. The other just came off as a rabid attack dog with all the same old same old talking points.

Pence didn't and shouldn't have to defend Trump to his opponent. Foolish tactic that backfired on Kaine big time. Man oh man did he lose. When even Chris Matthews tore into Kaine you know you have mega lost.

:lol:

That is the sentiment that I've heard, Pence held his own for himself but he couldn't defend Trump throughout. So it was a big loss for Trump but Pence at least was coherent as opposed to Trump.

Not that he couldn't. Pence wouldn't. He kept answering the moderators questions as he should. It's a debate for crying out loud. And it was a big win for Trump because many Trump fans were worried that Pence might be too wimpy.

The base is thrilled that Pence was solid as a rock.

Are you completely off the freaking rails now Matthew? Seriously. Do you even understand what a debate is? That a debate has a moderator that sets up topics and the participants are to discuss the topics the moderator chooses.

That "your guy" doesn't get to run the show?

"Mike Pence couldn't defend Donald Trump at the Vice Presidential debate"

Of course he couldn't defend, he couldn't even get chance to speak...

Chris Matthews: Pence Won Debate, Kaine Seemed ‘Desperate’ at Times
Share Tweet Email BY: David Rutz Follow @DavidRutz
October 4, 2016 11:08 pm
Liberal MSNBC host Chris Matthews said Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R.) was the winner of Tuesday night’s vice-presidential debate with Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.), calling Kaine “desperate” regarding his repeated interruptions.

“Overall, I think the winner tonight will end up being, in terms of the debate and what they were trying to accomplish, Pence, because Pence really was solid,” Matthews said. “He looked like he had his head screwed on, and I think that’s going to look very important for [Donald] Trump, who doesn’t often look like he has his head screwed on. I think it was very important for him to look like a grown-up.”

Matthews said Pence made up for the mistakes made by his running mate Trump in the first debate with Hillary Clinton on Sept. 26, saying Pence’s “body language was excellent.”

“He had to defend Donald Trump, but he came across as a grown-up, strong,” Matthews said. “I thought he was very effective at being a conservative.”

Matthews said Pence had made himself the frontrunner for the 2020 Republican nomination with his debate performance, saying he hit “all the bases” on conservative issues and even praising his eloquence on his pro-life position regarding abortion.

Matthews had sharper words for Kaine, who he acknowledged he liked, criticizing him for his constant interrupting of Pence.

“A little desperate there, jumping in all the time, always trying to get his points in,” Matthews said. “He didn’t wait his turn. Obviously, if he had just waited his turn, the back-and-forth nature of this kind of event, he would have had his opportunity. I don’t know why he kept interrupting, because with two people debating, the other guy gets the chance to speak. He couldn’t wait for that. I think that hurt him.”

Forum List

Back