military application of hoverboard

what your thoughts.....helos and landing craft become unnecessary to expose with these. Terrain is temporarily not an issue. ...7-10 minutes of flight at 93mph. .rapid envelopment ops become easier?
Franky Zapata soars above the ocean in hoverboard video | Daily Mail Online

You sure do pick winners. To date, the longest flight has been 90 seconds and didn't exceed 55 kph. Looks like the claims are bigger than fact.
Pulled it right out of the article..... inventors claim.....now any thoughts on its application.....

what your thoughts.....helos and landing craft become unnecessary to expose with these. Terrain is temporarily not an issue. ...7-10 minutes of flight at 93mph. .rapid envelopment ops become easier?
Franky Zapata soars above the ocean in hoverboard video | Daily Mail Online

You sure do pick winners. To date, the longest flight has been 90 seconds and didn't exceed 55 kph. Looks like the claims are bigger than fact.
Pulled it right out of the article..... inventors claim.....now any thoughts on its application.....

I can't think of one application other than plaything. It's going to only as goo as the battery pack. Larger battery pack means longer run time but it adds weight which shortens it right back again. Reminds me of the Duck Dodgers Hover Jets.

I think I'd rather be moving silently on the ground using all available cover and concealment rather showing up with what amounts to a warning siren that i'm coming and I'll be up in the air thus making me an easy target....no thanks.

I think I'd rather be moving silently on the ground using all available cover and concealment rather showing up with what amounts to a warning siren that i'm coming and I'll be up in the air thus making me an easy target....no thanks.
Yeah a helo is real quiet......

Yeah a helo is real quiet......

Try again.......
Helos could take ya most of the way set down in safe zone and then troops buzz in spread out minimize mass casualty chance if a helo gets cacked.......how bout urban warfare

Not sure how or why the Military would want to use them. They're not exactly stealthy and a standing man sized target zipping along is... well a target.

10376346_705808942810649_287557240835635801_n.jpg

Better, its electric....and stealth materials used.

Two different situations.....cant assault mountain on a motor bike. Hoverboards would allow a stealth approach....less noise than chopper, less chance of failure because chopper is taken out, no RCS to speak of

Two different situations.....cant assault mountain on a motor bike. Hoverboards would allow a stealth approach....less noise than chopper, less chance of failure because chopper is taken out, no RCS to speak of

I'd think dozens of these things would make a racket.
Personally I'd soften up the mountain with air strikes followed by helicopter insertion with the support of some of these badboys....
upload_2017-5-25_16-31-36.png

A hover board wouldn't last very long in the mountains, the winds are just to much...I know I wouldn't get on one with a combat load...sure wouldn't want to carry the damn thing....

A hover board wouldn't last very long in the mountains, the winds are just to much...I know I wouldn't get on one with a combat load...sure wouldn't want to carry the damn thing....

The whole idea of these being useful for military applications is ridiculous.
They may be useful in some obscure way I haven't been able to discern but I dont see it.

Forum List

Back