🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military mother told to remove American flag from her own apartment

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
(Reported By Todd Starnes) A Kansas City woman was ordered to remove an American flag that was flying from the balcony of her apartment. “Problem: American flag on deck,” declared a letter written by the management of The Cordillera Ranch Apartments. “I just didn’t understand what their problem was with having an American flag to support our troops,” resident Kerry White told Fox4. Ms. White is the daughter of a Vietnam War veteran and the stepmother of an active-duty member of
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's just out right pure bs, since when in the hell do we get told to remove our flag. I'd tell that SOB where to shove it.
and that HOA BS, that's just another PC leftist loser dreamed up bs population controlled law ......

Living under a dictatorship and the leftist just love it and roll with it HOA lmfao.

All that is needed to say "Reported by Todd Starnes".......:lol:

While I believe that anyone who likes the flag, should be able to display it (even if it is a confederate flag), the problem is that in this case the woman lives in an apartment and thus doesn't own the property and the property owners do have the right to set "display" guidelines off balconies. If however, she looks around and sees any flags of another nation (Mexico for instance) being allowed, she would have a legal standing against the owners of the apartment complex.

(Reported By Todd Starnes) A Kansas City woman was ordered to remove an American flag that was flying from the balcony of her apartment. “Problem: American flag on deck,” declared a letter written by the management of The Cordillera Ranch Apartments. “I just didn’t understand what their problem was with having an American flag to support our troops,” resident Kerry White told Fox4. Ms. White is the daughter of a Vietnam War veteran and the stepmother of an active-duty member of
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's just out right pure bs, since when in the hell do we get told to remove our flag. I'd tell that SOB where to shove it.
and that HOA BS, that's just another PC leftist loser dreamed up bs population controlled law ......

Living under a dictatorship and the leftist just love it and roll with it HOA lmfao.

Map - Cordillera Ranch Apartments in Kansas City, MO 64158

It's in her lease that she signed you retard

Did the point of HOA rules go over your head.......... moonbeam

Did she sign a lease, yes or no? Now go back to your paranoid conspiracy shit

You call an American flag "storage?"

Were the plants she had on her balcony storage items as well?

They don't allow flags hanging from the balcony. Don't like it? She can buy her own house and do what ever she wants.

Did she sign a lease, yes or no? Now go back to your paranoid conspiracy shit

I'll get back to you later moon beam, busy right now .......... and it's not a conspiracy dorkus.

Apartments have rules. Everything must conform. Says so in the lease/rental agreement. This also probably pertains to hanging clothing over a balconey railing, over a patio fence, surfboards propped against walls on the outside, etc. Also pertains to what can be viewed from the street. This means you cannot have purple drapes or pink polkadot blinds. What you do on the INSIDE that cannot be seen OUTSIDE, is up to the tenant IF it states it in the rental agreement.

With my properties, they had to leave the blinds in place and the drapes that came with the apartment. They match all the other apartments. However, I let my tenant hang drapes on the inside with any color they wanted as long as the drapes shown from OUTSIDE conformed with the other apartments.

They don't allow flags hanging from the balcony. Don't like it? She can buy her own house and do what ever she wants.
Well, I guess we'll find out, b/c that's not what the lease states. I guess we're just going to have to see what the courts decides. She pays rent, she has rights.

Ok, back first there was a lease two, just like some laws aren't right doesn't make this lease bs right.
How the FK is a flag considered " storage" .

2. There shouldn't be any dam excuse as to why someone can't fly a fkn flag.

If it's such bs it wouldn't be on the military . com site so stuff that conspiracy word where the sun doesn't shine.
MOON BEAM

and you can't bet that g.d ISIS flag could be flown, or Mexcian

Well, I guess we'll find out, b/c that's not what the lease states. I guess we're just going to have to see what the courts decides. She pays rent, she has rights.
Wrong. She has rights, but not the right to change the outside appearance of an apartment complex. Period. She can hang it IN the apartment. Just not outside of it.

So ok here' s the local news on it plus a video

upload_2017-6-4_21-12-12.png

Northland woman at odds with apartment complex over American flag hanging from her balcony

And, I would NOT rent an apartment in a complex that let people hang stuff from their balconies or on their fences in their private patios. Tacky. Cuz you just KNOW some asshole is going to hang stuff everywhere and it will wind up looking like a ghetto complex.

You get told that when you read the lease agreement. It is quite common for apartments (and some developments with houses) to prohibit certain adornments and when you sign that lease you agree to these rules.

Furthermore I doubt you'd tell "that SOB" anything, you have all the signs of internet tough guy and real-life mouse.

As usual you are an uneducated drama queen who makes idiotic non sequitur commentary.

An HOA is group of home owners, they are the residents and they vote on a board of directors to manage the community's CC&Rs. This has nothing to do with an HOA, it is a simple lease agreement that the management company is enforcing.

as a former property manager....she signed a lease...the lease had rules she agreed with at the time...regardless of the illegal item she agreed to the rules...what a bunch of snowflakes.....agreeing to something then whining when you cant break the rules....

Forum List

Back