Milwaukee Police Allow Black Panthers To Terrorize Citizens

Something is amiss. According to the police it's a violation of the law; they qualify it is not an arrestable offense (paradoxically, Google/Wikipedia calls this an obsolete legal term). Some are saying that Wisconsin is an open carry state. I can't say I'm quite sure what the exact truth is on those matters. I do believe that they are behaving in a menacing fashion. Could public menace laws be in effect? Generally speaking, I believe they would be.

You are finally coming around a bit. No, the police never said it's a violation. That's where you got off the tracks--with all due respect.

Your perception that they are behaving in a menacing fashion is where you disagree with the local police and those of us who understand the 1st and 2nd Amendments. That's fine. I'll bet there is a large part of the community who agree with you.

Public menace laws? I've posted legal links you've had the opportunity to browse. You bring up a valid point. The police on the scene know these better than us and they decided to stay out of the way of citizens exercising their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.

Something is amiss. According to the police it's a violation of the law; they qualify it is not an arrestable offense (paradoxically, Google/Wikipedia calls this an obsolete legal term). Some are saying that Wisconsin is an open carry state. I can't say I'm quite sure what the exact truth is on those matters. I do believe that they are behaving in a menacing fashion. Could public menace laws be in effect? Generally speaking, I believe they would be.

You are finally coming around a bit. No, the police never said it's a violation. That's where you got off the tracks--with all due respect.

Your perception that they are behaving in a menacing fashion is where you disagree with the local police and those of us who understand the 1st and 2nd Amendments. That's fine. I'll bet there is a large part of the community who agree with you.

Public menace laws? I've posted legal links you've had the opportunity to browse. You bring up a valid point. The police on the scene know these better than us and they decided to stay out of the way of citizens exercising their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.

None of this explains why they used the term arrestable offense. It seems the police are not properly enforcing the law.

Putting aside flowery points about the Constitution, what do you think the point of the guns were?

It doesn't matter. If they were being used in a legal way.

So, you're saying if you looked outside your living room window and saw a militia style group brandishing high powered firearms, you think that'd somehow be legal? I highly fucking doubt that.

Last edited:

None of this explains why they used the term arrestable offense. It seems the police are not properly enforcing the law.
From your link....

"A police spokesman said officers monitored Sunday's demonstration. "Open carrying a firearm is not arrestable..."

Just trying to help...

So, you're saying if you looked outside your living room window and saw a militia style group brandishing high powered firearms, you think that'd somehow be legal? I highly fucking doubt that.

Militia-style group - militias are not only legal in the US, they are considered to be the duty of the citizens.
High-powered firearms - a meaningless phrase that is subject to the observer as to what does or does not constitute 'high-power'.
Brandishing - a highly subjective term, which means to wave or flourish in a threatening manner. Threatening someone with a firearm is against the law, but I saw nothing in the article to suggest the people whom you seem to fear so much were doing any such thing.

But, If I did see a group of persons outside my living room window with firearms, I'd likely get my own firearm out of the safe and join them -- must be the start of Deer Season.

Putting aside flowery points about the Constitution, what do you think the point of the guns were?

Yeah. I would. Guns don't scare me. Blacks with guns don't scare me. I get it. You are trying to say second amendment folks are generally speaking really racist. They aren't.

You started out thinking that there was a law. Then that there should be a law preventing this. Speaking for myself, I live in Georgia where there are more than a million concealed weapons licenses in the state. A million people are armed or able to be armed every single day. You see them around you. White, Black, Brown, and other colors. You don't care. My Black friends for the most part all are armed.

I know this is hard for you. The idea that your preconceptions are erroneous but it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In a clear violation of the law, state and federal, Black Panthers armed themselves and openly carried high powered firearms while touting inflamatory rhetoric.

black-panthers-march-121816-1-1482191302.jpg

Milwaukee police cowered and lied, "Open carrying a firearm is not arrestable absent any other violations of the law."

Black Panthers hold 'human rights tribunal' in Sherman Park
But it is OK for 'good ole boys' to carry rifles in Texas?

No permit required to carry a rifle. What laws are they breaking?
Local restriction?

"Open carrying a firearm is not arrestable absent any other violations of the law."

Why is this a lie?

NRA-ILA | Wisconsin Gun Laws

Really. You think there are any city streets in America where people are allowed to walk down the street branding rifles (and in a menacing manner)? You'll notice that the statement released by the police noted that it was an offense. They just didn't call it an "arrestable offense" (which in itself is bull sh**. If I walked down the street of Milwaukee branding a high powered firearm right now, they'd arrest me.)
There are places in Texas where they do.

Militia-style group - militias are not only legal in the US, they are considered to be the duty of the citizens.
High-powered firearms - a meaningless phrase that is subject to the observer as to what does or does not constitute 'high-power'.
Brandishing - a highly subjective term, which means to wave or flourish in a threatening manner. Threatening someone with a firearm is against the law, but I saw nothing in the article to suggest the people whom you seem to fear so much were doing any such thing.

But, If I did see a group of persons outside my living room window with firearms, I'd likely get my own firearm out of the safe and join them -- must be the start of Deer Season.

You're confusing "well regulate militias" of the "state" with mobs. There's nothing subjective about it. They are a clear and present danger. They don't represent law and order; they threaten law and order.

I'm sorry but if a bunch of people outside my house had guns they'd be arrested so fast. This is circumventing laws for the sake of political correctness.

In a clear violation of the law, state and federal, Black Panthers armed themselves and openly carried high powered firearms while touting inflamatory rhetoric.

Milwaukee police cowered and lied, "Open carrying a firearm is not arrestable absent any other violations of the law."

But it is OK for 'good ole boys' to carry rifles in Texas?

I lived in Texas. Never witnessed a mob with guns let alone a radical, racist anarchy group spouting murderous threats.

I'm sorry but if a bunch of people outside my house had guns they'd be arrested so fast.

For what offence? We live in a society of laws. It is my job to enforce those laws within the bounds of my jurisdiction. Neither I nor my fellow LEOs would arrest anyone who is acting in compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction.

The days when you could arrest, and even execute, those who frighten or offend you are, thank goodness, gone ... at least for now.

ghett0.jpg

You're confusing "well regulate militias" of the "state" with mobs. There's nothing subjective about it. They are a clear and present danger. They don't represent law and order; they threaten law and order.

I'm sorry but if a bunch of people outside my house had guns they'd be arrested so fast. This is circumventing laws for the sake of political correctness.

I believe it would depend on your state laws. In many state you would have no cause to have them arrested. In fact, calling the police in a situation where the people are threatening no one could be considered abuse of the 911 system,nor harassment. You could well be the one arrested.

I'm sorry but if a bunch of people outside my house had guns they'd be arrested so fast.

For what offence? We live in a society of laws. It is my job to enforce those laws within the bounds of my jurisdiction. Neither I nor my fellow LEOs would arrest anyone who is acting in compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction.

The days when you could arrest, and even execute, those who frighten or offend you are, thank goodness, gone ... at least for now.

ghett0.jpg

Exactly. We have laws. And as such nobody has the right to menace me or others. You conveniently just overlook that. I dunno why.

nobody has the right to menace me or others

Actually, you're wrong again ... getting to be a habit ... Your irrational fears do not constitute menace in the eyes of the law. Someone would have to be violating law in order to be arrested for menace. Police might order them to move along if they constitute a reasonable public menace ... and they can be arrested for non-compliance for that order. But, they cannot be arrested for peaceably assembling within the rule of law (1st Amendment).

My right to swing my fist ends at your nose ... not at the limit of your vision.

Thats just code for "we want to arrest them but they did nothing wrong that we can use against them".

Brandishing is not legal. However you are not qualified to make the determination of what brandishing is. The cops that were there are qualified and evidently they didnt see any brandishing going on.

Obviously Blacks with guns frighten you. Just admit that and then seek help.

ghett0.jpg

Exactly. We have laws. And as such nobody has the right to menace me or others. You conveniently just overlook that. I dunno why.
Who said they were menacing anyone? I hope you are not the one because as I pointed out your fear of Black people doesnt qualify you to determine what is menacing.

I wonder if the NRA will start supporting gun control again now that this has happened?
You mean the gun control that didn't work in this case?

nobody has the right to menace me or others

Actually, you're wrong again ... getting to be a habit ... Your irrational fears do not constitute menace in the eyes of the law. Someone would have to be violating law in order to be arrested for menace. Police might order them to move along if they constitute a reasonable public menace ... and they can be arrested for non-compliance for that order. But, they cannot be arrested for peaceably assembling within the rule of law (1st Amendment).

My right to swing my fist ends at your nose ... not at the limit of your vision.

Yea, it's irrational to think that a racially radical flash mob with guns could be dangerous :cuckoo:

Given the reality that they were a menace, the police should've done their f'ing jobs. But to be fair, they were probably scared by the menace too.

Forum List

Back