Minimum Wage $14.88

Winco

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2019
Since $15 per hour seems unreasonable for the (R) party,
I wonder if they would accept a minimum wage of $14.88 per hour.

Seems to fit the RWI agenda.

How about we stop bringing in a million legal immigrants plus all the illegals for the next 20-years and wages will go up. But the illegal swarm unleashed by Biden will depress wages.

Under Trump this happened:

Down here in Florida, i saw a Burger King offering $13 to start, while the minimum wage for next year will only be $10. So i guess people should sign up now, because by next year those dolts that wait, will get 3 dollars less...

Shame blue states are still closed, because the stores down here just cant find a lot of workers...

Sure, $14.88 sounds good. As long as you don't mind a $16.00 happy meal and $7.50/gallon gas.
The real thing we need to worry about when the government set a minimum wage higher than the market demands. . . is the supply of labor.

Minimum wage tends to put folks out of work.

It is a simple supply and demand curve relationship on what employers are willing to pay, versus what they will make do with.

img.png

". . .The horizontal orange dotted line across the screen represents what we call a price floor. That means that the government has set a legal minimum that the price for a product cannot go below. Ex. The minimum price that a business can pay a worker per hour is $8.25. Why is this a bad thing? We aren't able to reach the equilibrium point, meaning that we will have an excess supply (or surplus) of workers. As seen in the graph, the equilibrium point means that business people are willing to pay for Q1 workers and Q1 workers are willing to work for a price of P1. When the price gets pushed up to P2, the quantity supply and quantity demand shift along their graphs. The quantity demand decreases, so that people are now only willing to pay for Q2 people. The quantity supply increase, so now Q3 people are willing to work, but that's not really that important.

The important part is the decrease in quantity supply. You see a decrease in workers, aka lay offs. Q1 minus Q2 people will become unemployed. It seems like people tend to think that if you increase the minimum wage that all of the workers will magically stay in place and instantly everyone's standards of living will improve. Yes, Q2 people are now living better lives because they're being paid more, maybe they're even pushed above the poverty line! Congratulations to law makers, but what about the Q1 minus Q2 people that have now just become unemployed? They might be pushed below the poverty line or in worse situations than when they started. . . . "

Spoken like a true non-business owner gubmint check recipient.
I've been a "Business Owner" on 3 different occasions.
Granted, all 2nd jobs, because I work my ASS off.

1) Just got older (50+) and didn't feel like doing all the physical labor this particular job required, alongside my full-time job, which I started at 22.

2) Did RE, alongside this same original full-time job. Did fine, I just felt I couldn't be a full time employee in this part time business.

3) Still doing this 3rd 'business owner' job as we speak.

So, in conclusion, I've had a full time job for 36 years, and part-time business owner jobs over this same 36 year period.

Forum List

Back