Minimum Wage $14.88

Since $15 per hour seems unreasonable for the (R) party,
I wonder if they would accept a minimum wage of $14.88 per hour.

Seems to fit the RWI agenda.
I worked for two years for no wages to build a corporation.

Well... The numbers won't be exact... But ... Prices will increase. You do agree with that right?
No. They've lied to us for decades. The pie is big enough for a decent minimum wage.

It's corporate greed why it's not way higher.

They pay politicians to spew those talking points and you're repeating them. Doing their dirty work.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

Sure, $14.88 sounds good. As long as you don't mind a $16.00 happy meal and $7.50/gallon gas.

The cost of labor is not that significant of a part of the cost of anything.
Just watch the checkout line at McDonalds, and you see at least 100 customers per hour, per check out employee.
With each customer spending about $15 average, that $1500 per hour.
Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce.
So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.
Doubling it would only increase the cost of labor overhead to 2%.

• Funny

Sure, $14.88 sounds good. As long as you don't mind a $16.00 happy meal and $7.50/gallon gas.
The real thing we need to worry about when the government set a minimum wage higher than the market demands. . . is the supply of labor.

Minimum wage tends to put folks out of work.

It is a simple supply and demand curve relationship on what employers are willing to pay, versus what they will make do with.

img.png

". . .The horizontal orange dotted line across the screen represents what we call a price floor. That means that the government has set a legal minimum that the price for a product cannot go below. Ex. The minimum price that a business can pay a worker per hour is $8.25. Why is this a bad thing? We aren't able to reach the equilibrium point, meaning that we will have an excess supply (or surplus) of workers. As seen in the graph, the equilibrium point means that business people are willing to pay for Q1 workers and Q1 workers are willing to work for a price of P1. When the price gets pushed up to P2, the quantity supply and quantity demand shift along their graphs. The quantity demand decreases, so that people are now only willing to pay for Q2 people. The quantity supply increase, so now Q3 people are willing to work, but that's not really that important.

The important part is the decrease in quantity supply. You see a decrease in workers, aka lay offs. Q1 minus Q2 people will become unemployed. It seems like people tend to think that if you increase the minimum wage that all of the workers will magically stay in place and instantly everyone's standards of living will improve. Yes, Q2 people are now living better lives because they're being paid more, maybe they're even pushed above the poverty line! Congratulations to law makers, but what about the Q1 minus Q2 people that have now just become unemployed? They might be pushed below the poverty line or in worse situations than when they started. . . . "

Seems to me they should be more concerned about the supply of jobs.

Well... The numbers won't be exact... But ... Prices will increase. You do agree with that right?
No. They've lied to us for decades. The pie is big enough for a decent minimum wage.

It's corporate greed why it's not way higher.

They pay politicians to spew those talking points and you're repeating them. Doing their dirty work.
Umm... Unless there is a law made that only so much percentage of profit can be made off of any given thing... There is absolutely no reason to believe that they won't raise the price to what the customers are willing to pay.

Just watch the checkout line at McDonalds, and you see at least 100 customers per hour, per check out employee.
Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce.
So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.

Really?

As a percentage of GDP, how much is labor in the US?

Really? 36 seconds per order?

Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce. So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.

Two workers "produce" 100% of revenue?
Are they growing all the food behind the store?

Labor cost in fast food is currently about 25%.
Average Restaurant Costs: Liquor, Food, and Labor.

Which one of your elite corporate masters told you this was the case?

No kidding, so you're stupid enough to think corporations would just absorb the added cost....good one.
I absolutely LOVE it when the stupid people call out others.
Your cue to call me stupid, but it's the only way you have a chance to understand.

The Waltons are Multi Billionaires, and there are Many Walton Heirs, making their Net Worth well into the TRILLIONS. So, I believe the 'stupid people' that work at WalMart deserve a bit more of that TRILLION dollars by the Waltons paying them a living wage.

Walton Family showing that Trickle Down Economics is NOT part of the Walton Capitalist Adventure.

Your cue to call me stupid, but it's the only way you have a chance to understand.

The Waltons are Multi Billionaires, and there are Many Walton Heirs, making their Net Worth well into the TRILLIONS. So, I believe the 'stupid people' that work at WalMart deserve a bit more of that TRILLION dollars by the Waltons paying them a living wage.

Walton Family showing that Trickle Down Economics is NOT part of the Walton Capitalist Adventure.
If people were not willing to work for the Waltons at the wage they are paying, the Waltons would pay more. Umm.... That has a much better chance of working if there were less of a work force to derive labor from. Just... Saying.

No kidding, so you're stupid enough to think corporations would just absorb the added cost....good one.

Imagine that, another one stupid enough to feel doubling minimum wage won't increase the price of EVERYTHING.

Imagine that, another one stupid enough to feel doubling minimum wage won't increase the price of EVERYTHING.
The minimum was is NOT $7.50 everywhere in the USA.
Just those Red States that hold people back and make the Rich Richer.

• Disagree

The Waltons are Multi Billionaires, and there are Many Walton Heirs, making their Net Worth well into the TRILLIONS.

Show your math.

Last edited:

The Waltons are Multi Billionaires, and there are Many Walton Heirs, making their Net Worth well into the TRILLIONS.

Show you math.
Show you math?
Show you're math?
Show your math?

Now, could could research my correct figures, but your ASS is too fucking lazy to do it.
Start Googling dude.

Show your math.
Show you math?
Show you're math?
Show your math?

Now, could could research my correct figures, but your ASS is too fucking lazy to do it.
Start Googling dude.

I fixed my error, now fix your error. LOL!

The minimum was is NOT $7.50 everywhere in the USA.
Just those Red States that hold people back and make the Rich Richer.

Current federal minimum wage is $7.25 (dang, not shocked you even got that wrong). If you double someone's wages, what the hell do you think would happen to the people that currently make $15/hour? C'mon man use some intelligence.

Show you math.
Show you math?
Show you're math?
Show your math?

Start Googling dude.

Now, could could research my correct figures,

Could could?

Show your math.
Show you math?
Show you're math?
Show your math?

You got me. Congrats.
I'm Sorry
Start Googling dude.

What, oh, I fixed it.

Show your math.
Show you math?
Show you're math?
Show your math?

Start Googling dude.

What error did I make?

And "could could".......LOL!

Forum List

Back