Minimum Wage $14.88

Since $15 per hour seems unreasonable for the (R) party,
I wonder if they would accept a minimum wage of $14.88 per hour.

Seems to fit the RWI agenda.

Sure, $14.88 sounds good. As long as you don't mind a $16.00 happy meal and $7.50/gallon gas.

The cost of labor is not that significant of a part of the cost of anything.
Just watch the checkout line at McDonalds, and you see at least 100 customers per hour, per check out employee.
With each customer spending about $15 average, that $1500 per hour.
Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce.
So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.
Doubling it would only increase the cost of labor overhead to 2%.

Really?

As a percentage of GDP, how much is labor in the US?

Just watch the checkout line at McDonalds, and you see at least 100 customers per hour, per check out employee.

Really? 36 seconds per order?

Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce. So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.

Two workers "produce" 100% of revenue?
Are they growing all the food behind the store?

Of course there is other overhead, like the main one likely is rent.
The point is that the main overhead is not labor.
And if labor is only a minor part of the overhead, then even doubling the cost of labor is not an extreme increase in the overhead costs.
If labor is 5% for example, then doubling the cost of labor only increases the overhead by another 5%.
So if the prices went up 5% to cover the higher wages, it would be no big deal and everyone would be happy to pay it.

Rent?
You think they're selling $1500 of food an hour with 2 workers.....the main one is likely materials.

The point is labor in our economy is not 1% of GDP. So what is it?

And if labor is only a minor part of the overhead, then even doubling the cost of labor is not an extreme increase in the overhead costs.

If only you had some actual data.

If labor is 5% for example, then doubling the cost of labor only increases the overhead by another 5%.

What if labor is 25%? Or 50%?

Your anger should be directed at the D Party. They promised $15 but apparently they lied. They have control of the WH and both houses of Congress. What do you suppose is the problem?

Sure, $14.88 sounds good. As long as you don't mind a $16.00 happy meal and $7.50/gallon gas.

With each customer spending about $15 average, that $1500 per hour.
Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce.
So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.
Doubling it would only increase the cost of labor overhead to 2%.

Really?

As a percentage of GDP, how much is labor in the US?

Really? 36 seconds per order?

Since there is also usually another in the back making food, make that $750 each per hour produce. So then their current wages are only about 1% of what they are producing for the company.

Two workers "produce" 100% of revenue?
Are they growing all the food behind the store?

So if the prices went up 5% to cover the higher wages, it would be no big deal and everyone would be happy to pay it.

Rent?
You think they're selling $1500 of food an hour with 2 workers.....the main one is likely materials.

The point is labor in our economy is not 1% of GDP. So what is it?

If only you had some actual data.

What if labor is 25%? Or 50%?
The cost of labor is about 70% of GDP.

Spoken like a true non-business owner gubmint check recipient.
I've been a "Business Owner" on 3 different occasions.
Granted, all 2nd jobs, because I work my ASS off.

1) Just got older (50+) and didn't feel like doing all the physical labor this particular job required, alongside my full-time job, which I started at 22.

2) Did RE, alongside this same original full-time job. Did fine, I just felt I couldn't be a full time employee in this part time business.

3) Still doing this 3rd 'business owner' job as we speak.

So, in conclusion, I've had a full time job for 36 years, and part-time business owner jobs over this same 36 year period.
So why if you are a business owner, dont you pay your "workers" 20 dollars or more an hour? Seems that you dont care at all for your workers.

Well... The numbers won't be exact... But ... Prices will increase. You do agree with that right?
No. They've lied to us for decades. The pie is big enough for a decent minimum wage.

It's corporate greed why it's not way higher.

They pay politicians to spew those talking points and you're repeating them. Doing their dirty work.
Oh shut the fuck up, you worthless progressive slave who has to bitch and moan all your life because you were too lazy to make something of yourself...

How about we stop bringing in a million legal immigrants plus all the illegals for the next 20-years and wages will go up. But the illegal swarm unleashed by Biden will depress wages.

Under Trump this happened:

Yeah. The Federalist.

William F. Buckley must be spinning in his grave over what’s become of his paper. Buckley was a real conservative. Twitter locked their account for promoting misinformation.

Spoken like a true non-business owner gubmint check recipient.
I've been a "Business Owner" on 3 different occasions.
Granted, all 2nd jobs, because I work my ASS off.

1) Just got older (50+) and didn't feel like doing all the physical labor this particular job required, alongside my full-time job, which I started at 22.

2) Did RE, alongside this same original full-time job. Did fine, I just felt I couldn't be a full time employee in this part time business.

3) Still doing this 3rd 'business owner' job as we speak.

So, in conclusion, I've had a full time job for 36 years, and part-time business owner jobs over this same 36 year period.
So why if you are a business owner, dont you pay your "workers" 20 dollars or more an hour? Seems that you dont care at all for your workers.

I’ve had a part time business since 1998. I didn’t pay my workers $20 an hour because I don’t have any. It’s just me.

Well... The numbers won't be exact... But ... Prices will increase. You do agree with that right?
No. They've lied to us for decades. The pie is big enough for a decent minimum wage.

It's corporate greed why it's not way higher.

They pay politicians to spew those talking points and you're repeating them. Doing their dirty work.
Between 40 and 50 percent of the economy is small business.

That percentage is even greater in predominantly black communities.

Do you even have a clue what affect a minimum wage has on small business and on job growth opportunity in those communities?

Have you ever even taken an economics class? :dunno:

Do you even care about black communities and employment opportunities. . . or do you just want them sucking on the government tit and turning to gangs and crime. . . is that it?

:dunno:

The economy and relative cost of things in NY and LA are not the same as Cleveland.

IF there is a minimum wage to be set? It needs to be set by the states.

image-57YqPNdtVeqN3hpe.jpg

Do so at the federal level? Is an economic war by coastal elites upon the middle lands.

Which one of your elite corporate masters told you this was the case?

No kidding, so you're stupid enough to think corporations would just absorb the added cost....good one.
I absolutely LOVE it when the stupid people call out others.
Your cue to call me stupid, but it's the only way you have a chance to understand.

The Waltons are Multi Billionaires, and there are Many Walton Heirs, making their Net Worth well into the TRILLIONS. So, I believe the 'stupid people' that work at WalMart deserve a bit more of that TRILLION dollars by the Waltons paying them a living wage.

Walton Family showing that Trickle Down Economics is NOT part of the Walton Capitalist Adventure.
A trillion is a million million, or, a thousand billion.

What you are saying, is that there are a thousand Walton Heirs.

In fact, there are only about a half dozen.

You have just proven who the stupid one is.

We don't need a minimum wage.
No one is paying minimum wage now.
Many low end retail and even fast food is paying between $11 - $14 an hour.
And that is perfectly fine for those jobs.
The day we as a country need McDonalds to pay real living wages - is the day we have VERY serious problems.

Do so at the federal level? Is an economic war by coastal elites upon the middle lands.
No, just trying to bring you people into the 21st Century.
The government can't create prosperity.

Jesus I wish you folks would take an economics class. . .

If the governments COULD, "bring people into the 21st," as you so snidely and insulting put it. . .

Then all of Africa and S. America would not be in the shape they are in. They could just print themselves money, and the government could just dictate the prices and wages on everything.

Last edited:
Shit is going to hit the fan. . .

. . . all you dumb ass leftists that WANT government intervention, because you just don't know shit about economics, and you don't remember history. Not in the USSR, and not here.

IT IS SO GD PATHETIC.

Remembering Nixon's wage and price controls​

Forum List

Back