minimum wage/foreign aid

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
Now most people dislike that we send money overseas. Some people want 15 an hour for MW. So what if we took that money we sent overseas for MW? I am unsure how to go about this at the moment, but i figured it might be a neat concept to talk about?

Now most people dislike that we send money overseas. Some people want 15 an hour for MW. So what if we took that money we sent overseas for MW? I am unsure how to go about this at the moment, but i figured it might be a neat concept to talk about?

That was poorly thought out. One is a companies expense and the other is tax expenditures. How do you combine those two things?

That was poorly thought out. One is a companies expense and the other is tax expenditures. How do you combine those two things?

reduce taxes in the idea that money goes towards wages?

I think a neater idea would be to stearlize all the idiots like the OP with the money we don't send overseas.

The prob with min wage is its a horrible idea. It hurts people at the low end more tha it does the koch brothers. It makes everything go up and those that made more than the min wage would now be making the min wage. Its the same reason liberwls wint answer why we dont set it to $100 hour

Higher wages increase tax liability, the only good thing finally everyone would have to pay. But I seriously doubt you'd like the inflation that would follow.

Last edited:
This will undoubtedly fuel the Teabagger rage against President O(insert unimaginative insult here) but the errors of government need to be pointed out as much as possible.

As the junior senator from Illinois, Barack Obama co-sponsored a bill to restrict the U.S. government’s military support of countries that use children as soldiers. But President Obama has waived those very same sanctions in the name of “national interest,” bypassing the findings of a State Department report and allowing millions of dollars in military aid to flow to countries where children as young as 11 have been conscripted to fight — many of whom have died in one bloody conflict after another.
U.S. gives military aid to nations with child soldiers - Washington Times

(Reuters) - The United States moved to block U.S. military aid to Rwanda because of its support for the M23 Congolese rebel group believed to use child soldiers, the State Department said on Thursday.

The sanctions also apply to the Central African Republic, Myanmar, Sudan and Syria, according to the U.S. State Department. It was unclear whether those nations receive U.S. military assistance.
U.S. sanctions Rwanda, others over child soldiers | Reuters

The US has sanctioned Rwanda over of its alleged support for a Congolese rebel group that sends child soldiers into battle...

...The sanctions also apply to the Burma, Central African Republic, Sudan and Syria. Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the US assistant secretary of state for African affairs, said: "Under the Child Soldiers Prevention Act, we have just announced those countries that are being sanctioned under that act, and Rwanda is one of those countries.

"Our goal is to work with countries that have been listed to ensure that any involvement in child soldiers, any involvement in the recruitment of child soldiers, must stop. In this case, it was related to M23, and we will continue to have discussions with the Rwandan government on that issue."
US blocks military aid to Rwanda over alleged backing of M23 child soldiers | Global development | theguardian.com

U.S. President Barack Obama issued a new executive order last week to fight human trafficking, touting his administration's handling of the issue.

"When a little boy is kidnapped, turned into a child soldier, forced to kill or be killed -- that's slavery," Obama said in a speech at the Clinton Global Initiative. "It is barbaric, and it is evil, and it has no place in a civilized world. Now, as a nation, we've long rejected such cruelty."

But for the third year in a row, Obama has waived almost all U.S. sanctions that would punish certain countries that use child soldiers, upsetting many in the human rights community.
Obama waives sanctions on countries that use child soldiers

The logic behind continuing to give US foreign aid to countries known to kidnap and brainwash child soldiers is because if we don't give those countries aid then they will seek out even more illegal means of funding with which to kidnap and recruit more child soldiers. This is the reasoning for the US government waiving sanctions against some countries because of child soldiers but enforcing those sanctions on others. It's like a chess game but without rules, boundaries, turns, or an end.

This will undoubtedly fuel the Teabagger rage against President O(insert unimaginative insult here) but the errors of government need to be pointed out as much as possible.

As the junior senator from Illinois, Barack Obama co-sponsored a bill to restrict the U.S. government’s military support of countries that use children as soldiers. But President Obama has waived those very same sanctions in the name of “national interest,” bypassing the findings of a State Department report and allowing millions of dollars in military aid to flow to countries where children as young as 11 have been conscripted to fight — many of whom have died in one bloody conflict after another.
U.S. gives military aid to nations with child soldiers - Washington Times

(Reuters) - The United States moved to block U.S. military aid to Rwanda because of its support for the M23 Congolese rebel group believed to use child soldiers, the State Department said on Thursday.

The sanctions also apply to the Central African Republic, Myanmar, Sudan and Syria, according to the U.S. State Department. It was unclear whether those nations receive U.S. military assistance.
U.S. sanctions Rwanda, others over child soldiers | Reuters

The US has sanctioned Rwanda over of its alleged support for a Congolese rebel group that sends child soldiers into battle...

...The sanctions also apply to the Burma, Central African Republic, Sudan and Syria. Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the US assistant secretary of state for African affairs, said: "Under the Child Soldiers Prevention Act, we have just announced those countries that are being sanctioned under that act, and Rwanda is one of those countries.

"Our goal is to work with countries that have been listed to ensure that any involvement in child soldiers, any involvement in the recruitment of child soldiers, must stop. In this case, it was related to M23, and we will continue to have discussions with the Rwandan government on that issue."
US blocks military aid to Rwanda over alleged backing of M23 child soldiers | Global development | theguardian.com

U.S. President Barack Obama issued a new executive order last week to fight human trafficking, touting his administration's handling of the issue.

"When a little boy is kidnapped, turned into a child soldier, forced to kill or be killed -- that's slavery," Obama said in a speech at the Clinton Global Initiative. "It is barbaric, and it is evil, and it has no place in a civilized world. Now, as a nation, we've long rejected such cruelty."

But for the third year in a row, Obama has waived almost all U.S. sanctions that would punish certain countries that use child soldiers, upsetting many in the human rights community.
Obama waives sanctions on countries that use child soldiers

The logic behind continuing to give US foreign aid to countries known to kidnap and brainwash child soldiers is because if we don't give those countries aid then they will seek out even more illegal means of funding with which to kidnap and recruit more child soldiers. This is the reasoning for the US government waiving sanctions against some countries because of child soldiers but enforcing those sanctions on others. It's like a chess game but without rules, boundaries, turns, or an end.

actually its the same emotional blackmale tactic used by the pro abortion crowd. Same exact logic in different words.
But i dont see anythin incossistant with progressives suporting this. They dont want religion or morality to enter the govt. Christians wouldnt stand for this shit, kinda like how they got rid of human sacrifice, but alas if thers no religion, then there really is no reason to care about this.

,eh least i tried...guess back to reading the usual whining.

Typical liberal, noone answered your question the way you wanted it and you said noone said anything. I explained briefly why the min wage is bad. So if its good, why not more money?

I always thought you were an idiot, now I know you are.

i would rather see all that money we throw at these 3rd world shit holes who spit in our faces no matter what you do for them spent here myself.....and im talking about things to help OUR people.....like paving our highways,improving our infrastructure and the like.....

reduce taxes in the idea that money goes towards wages?

We've been telling you left wingers exactly that for years now. So are we all good in reducing the corporate tax rate, getting rid of obiecare taxes, making the repatriation of money earned over seas cheaper and reducing the burden on our economy?

I'm good with that. Let's starve the feds out of their money and that means the people will all get to keep more of what they earned. We will need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution to force the feds to stop borrowing to make this work. You good with that?

Maybe the reason you don't know how to go about it is because you are conflating two unrelated issues and trying to make money into magic beans.

I always thought you were an idiot, now I know you are.

i would rather see all that money we throw at these 3rd world shit holes who spit in our faces no matter what you do for them spent here myself.....and im talking about things to help OUR people.....like paving our highways,improving our infrastructure and the like.....

I would rather have the tax dollars stay with the people that earned the money by lowering all tax rates. That will create better highways and infrastructure and even come down to neighborhoods and communities. Everything gets a lot better when people get to keep and spend their own money.

Maybe the reason you don't know how to go about it is because you are conflating two unrelated issues and trying to make money into magic beans.

it was an idea, not a commandment.

An incredibly stupid idea.

You can do it easily. If you're stupid.

An incredibly stupid idea.

While we're at it? Why doesn't government just commandeer ALL property from private companies/individuals and ADMIT that's their AIM all along?

YOU are an IDIOT.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back