Minimum Wage Outrage

...Force small business to pay higher wages. Force small business.... Out of business. What the Hell!.... Democrats feel they didn't build that business anyway!
You never mention people. All your concern goes toward business.
What-- you can't be saying that people are better off without businesses. Let's get clear on the facts: employees are people, employers are people, and we want them both. A min. wage law makes fewer of both because it outlaws hiring low value labor. Fewer min. wage laws mean more employees and more employers.

Precisely.

I remember a time when I was young and unemployed. I couldn't find work because there was a minimum wage. I would have been happy to work for a pittance just to get my foot in the door. In a "free" country I was not allowed to accept a wage below the minimum, nor could my employer legally offer it to me. This is why we have a permanent underclass in America that subsists on handouts.

...young and unemployed. I couldn't find work because there was a minimum wage. I would have been happy to work for a pittance...
Me too.

Come to think of it, maybe those who favor a higher min. wage are those that never had to seek an entry job in the private sector but were instead given hand-outs until they got the skills needed to justify a higher wage. Bottom line here is that private sector entry jobs are either low wage or no wage. My daughter's first two jobs were no wage; she first worked as a volunteer for a year and later with a different company she worked as an unpaid 'intern'.

Now that she's gotten a good track record she can justify being paid a wages that comply with the economic controllers of the State.

...Force small business to pay higher wages. Force small business.... Out of business. What the Hell!.... Democrats feel they didn't build that business anyway!
There aren't any small businesses that have failed because they paid their employees higher wages and given them benefits.
OnePercenter is correct, because when governments try to force a business to pay more for labor than it's worth, the owners have to close the business before they overpay employees.

So human beings working hard 8 hours a day are only worth poverty wages in your opinion? Is Dickens still alive in your world?

There aren't any small businesses that have failed because they paid their employees higher wages and given them benefits.
OnePercenter is correct, because when governments try to force a business to pay more for labor than it's worth, the owners have to close the business before they overpay employees.
So human beings working hard 8 hours a day are only worth poverty wages ...
Ah yes, unless the economy is under state control the exploitation of the masses is inevitable!!!
leninsmile4pv.jpg

OK, so maybe on the open market your labor is worth less, but I got my skills up to the point my labor's worth a fortune. Like, I'd tell you how to do it but you'd never be able to afford my consulting fees.

So human beings working hard 8 hours a day are only worth poverty wages in your opinion? Is Dickens still alive in your world?
Hah hah for some reason I don't find it as easy to compare someone with a cell phone, TV, eating three meals per day and living in a climate controlled place to an orphan child begging for more gruel at the workhouse.

Hah hah for some reason I don't find it as easy to compare someone with a cell phone, TV, eating three meals per day and living in a climate controlled place to an orphan child begging for more gruel at the workhouse.
Just increase your dosage of LSD until it becomes clear to you.

Ah yes, unless the economy is under state control the exploitation of the masses is inevitable!!!
leninsmile4pv.jpg

OK, so maybe on the open market your labor is worth less, but I got my skills up to the point my labor's worth a fortune. Like, I'd tell you how to do it but you'd never be able to afford my consulting fees.

And THAT'S why you're posting here.
So how much money did your daddy give you in Panama to invest here in the US?

leninsmile4pv.jpg

Hubris alert!

...Working for low wages is not slavery, it is voluntary, nobody is forcing you to take the work.
That's beside the point that the extreme left is making.

If you work to feed yourself, then the food you've worked for is not yours because we need to "spread the wealth around... ...you didn't build that". Furthermore, it also means that when someone who didn't work wants to take it from you--
Death Wish Bronson.jpg

--then you're the 'sociopath' thief and the leftist with the knife is the victim.

Yeah, Australia tried that....

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Australia are 45.38% higher than in United States
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Australia are 50.71% higher than in United States
Rent Prices in Australia are 62.85% higher than in United States
Restaurant Prices in Australia are 44.14% higher than in United States
Groceries Prices in Australia are 33.50% higher than in United States
Local Purchasing Power in Australia is 23.48% lower than in United States

Cost Of Living Comparison Between United States And Australia

And minimum wage is 120% higher than the US.

Minimum wage doesn't apply to the youngest workers, and they are the ones employed by businesses that need low cost labor.

Devil is in the details.

Slavery was outlawed after the civil war. Working for poverty level and below wages is the closest thing to slavery you will find today.

Working for low wages is not slavery, it is voluntary, nobody is forcing you to take the work.

Written like a true 'I've got mine so fuck everyone else' sociopath.

The sociopath is the person who uses force against others and justifies it with moral bromides.

...Working for low wages is not slavery, it is voluntary, nobody is forcing you to take the work.
That's beside the point that the extreme left is making.

If you work to feed yourself, then the food you've worked for is not yours because we need to "spread the wealth around... ...you didn't build that". Furthermore, it also means that when someone who didn't work wants to take it from you--
Death Wish Bronson.jpg

--then you're the 'sociopath' thief and the leftist with the knife is the victim.

The one without the knife was a Native American activists being tuffed by a rw Injun hater.

You never mention people. All your concern goes toward business.
What-- you can't be saying that people are better off without businesses. Let's get clear on the facts: employees are people, employers are people, and we want them both. A min. wage law makes fewer of both because it outlaws hiring low value labor. Fewer min. wage laws mean more employees and more employers.

Precisely.

I remember a time when I was young and unemployed. I couldn't find work because there was a minimum wage. I would have been happy to work for a pittance just to get my foot in the door. In a "free" country I was not allowed to accept a wage below the minimum, nor could my employer legally offer it to me. This is why we have a permanent underclass in America that subsists on handouts.

I never had a problem with getting a job starting at 13. Worked as a car hop for one dollar an hour. I left cause I could make more money mowing lawns and collecting pop bottles for the refund.
I had to go to work to support the family.

And state slavery differs in what particular?

Slavery was outlawed after the civil war. Working for poverty level and below wages is the closest thing to slavery you will find today.

Working for low wages is not slavery, it is voluntary, nobody is forcing you to take the work.

If your only choices are starving or working for poverty level wages then yes, it is the closest thing you will find to slavery.

...never had a problem with getting a job starting at 13...
I remember my 13-year-old deciding to spend her allowance on a box of candy bars from costco that she sold at school 'cuz the kids always complained about the food there. She made a tidy profit and then went on to better things; I'm remembering her problems with all the kids wanting to 'buy on credit'.

--but you're right, there's always work. The only questions are whether the income's worth the effort and what other choices are there.

Forum List

Back