Minimum Wage Outrage

Yeah, so fuck 'em if they can't pay their rent when we pay the stupid lazy butts $7.25 an hour. Let 'em do what Walmart employees do...go on federal assistance.

You've got two choices: Force the EMPLOYER to bear the cost of THEIR employees or pass it on to YOU, the TAXPAYER.

Something's gotta' give and I'd rather leave it to the individual business and their ability to acquire and obtain and retain quality help than pass their problems on to me.

If you literally can't afford an extra couple of bucks over the hourly wage, then you shouldn't be in business.

Here's an idea: Charge back the cost of welfare to the employer. If a full time employee needs welfare to survive, let's just charge it back to the company. This way, taxpayers are not subsidizing corporate payrolls.

Yeah, it's called a living wage.

Either the employer pays or we do.

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

My kid got his first job at Blockbuster Video when he was 15. Three 4 hour days a week.

He brought home shit, but you know what was great about it.... Stupid?

He didn't have to ask US for the money and he didn't have to explain why he needed it or where he was going to spend it.

In fact, it was a GOOD thing that he made so little money because, the fact is, he went through it like stupid through a dimocrap brain.

It taught him how to budget his money. And at 15? $50 a week was a freaking fortune.

Later on, when he was old enough, he got a job a McDonalds. Not much more money per hour, but more hours. By that time, he learned how to budget his $100 weekly take home.

Meanwhile, mama and I are, of course, paying the big bills -- Mortgage, utilities, insurance.

When he wanted to get his Drivers License, he had to kick in for the increase in premium. When he wanted the latest in hipster clothes, he bought them (I wouldn't have bought them for him)

He learned how to use and budget money. And he's doing VERY well for himself these days because of it.

Too bad you didn't learn shit. Too bad for you someone didn't make you learn about real life.

It shows. You still think like a 12 year-old

Last edited:

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

My kid got his first job at Blockbuster Video when he was 15. Three 4 hour days a week.

He didn't have to ask US for the money and he didn't have to explain why he needed it or where he was going to spend it.

In fact, it was a GOOD thing that he made so little money because, the fact is, he went through it like stupid through a dimocrap brain.

It taught him how to budget his money. And at 15? $50 a week was a freaking fortune.

Later on, when he was old enough, he got a job a McDonalds. Not much more money per hour, but more hours. By that time, he learned how to budget his $100 weekly take home.

Meanwhile, mama and I are, of course, paying the big bills -- Mortgage, utilities, insurance.

When he wanted to get his Drivers License, he had to kick in for the increase in premium. When he wanted the latest in hipster clothes, he bought them (I wouldn't have bought them for him)

He learned how to use and budget money. And he's doing VERY well for himself these days because of it.

Too bad you didn't learn shit. Too bad for you someone didn't make you learn about real life.

Too bad that you couldn't afford to pay the "big bills -- Mortgage, utilities, insurance" yourself if it was you that was earning minimum wage instead of your kid.

The problem is that there are millions of hardworking Americans who don't have any other option but to earn minimum wage because all of the jobs that paid a living wage were outsourced so as to increase profits for the top 1%.

Those "job creators" who were given the "taxcuts" just took the money and ran. None of the jobs they were supposed to create materialized. But you blame the victims instead.

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

And you still write like one.
Why don't you cut him loose and see how he does with REAL bills instead of clothes and an XBox?

Last edited:

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

And you still write like one.
Why don't you cut him loose and see how he does with REAL bills instead of clothes and an XBox?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
peeweeherman.gif

He and his wife are going to make in excess of $200k this year.

Probably over $250k next year.

It's called "Work"

You should look into it

Last edited:

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

I dont give a shit about your dumb personal stories or where you child spent his time.

I said either the employer pays or you do. Period.

You dont know how to handle that so you go into your canned answer on govt assistance. Which has shit to do with what I said

Suppose we were to pass a new law that provides as follows:

Every business owner in the country is required to register with the Government and then to pay a "fine" of a thousand dollars a month for every minimum-wage employee employed by the business (pro-rated for wages between MW and $12/hr). That money would then be distributed in cash by the government to everyone in the country earning less than $12/hr (net of taxes, of course).

Is there any doubt that many businesses - especially food businesses - would simply go out of business due to their becoming either non-profitable or actually losing money?

Is there any doubt that business owners would do everything possible to reduce or eliminate low-wage positions - either forcing others to be more productive, moving to automation where possible, or eliminating services that had been heretofore been provided for "free"?

Is there any doubt that many employees would be forced to resign their employment and begin doing the same work as "independent contractors," at net wages that were no better than what they were making before?

Is there any doubt that many small businesses (bars, restaurants) would be more likely to employ people "under the table" to avoid having to pay the fine?

Is there any doubt that prices to the customers of these businesses would increase?

Of course, there would also be a large number of people whose wages would be increased by employers seeking to avoid having to pay the fine. And if you focus on those workers only, and ignore everyone else affected by the fines, the new law seems just fine and dandy.

But would that benefit to those people offset the cost to society of the shuttered businesses, confiscated profits, reduced employment, and higher prices?

You be the judge. Obviously, this whole fictitious scenario is simply an alternative presentation of an increase in the Minimum Wage law.

But riddle me this: How is it that Democrat politicans can flog this horse, year after year, and people are just too stupid to realize that there is nothing "compassionate" about stealing money from one set of citizens and giving it to another set of citizens. And if you state the obvious fact that an increase to $25 would be catastrophic, they still can't see that even smaller increases have the same sorts of impacts, only they are less noticeable.

The Federal Minimum Wage itself is clearly unconstitutional, and is amazingly stupid to boot. And today's Democrats, reeling from the public's FINALLY realizing what an "obama-nation" the ACA is, are jumping on a campaign to increase the minimum wage, in the hope that it will take voter's minds off of their higher health insurance premiums, deductibles, and so forth.

As always, betting on the stupidity of the American voter.

Suppose we were to pass a law as follows:

All workers are free to establish and join labor unions, following their own sets of rules. They are also free to take organized actions against employers that do not bargain fairly.

There ya go!

Pick one

Stupid little bitch.

No doubt that you yearn for the good 'ole days of slavery.

NO one ever correctly states the true cost of minimum wage.
They use "$7.25" current minimum or as pointed out $12.00" proposed minimum wage.

But they ignore the ADDED costs to the employer BESIDES the increase to $12.00!

1)The 6.2% social security is also paid by the employer which adds another $1,574 a year paid by employer!
2)The 1.45% Medicare tax paid by the employer or another $350 paid by employer!
3)Then there is the FUTA and workman's comp costs based on wages paid...

So when people talk about raising minimum wage for 40 hour 52 week employee Nearly $1,900 TOTALLY ADDED cost per employee!

It might be nice if you got your facts straight. FUTA and state unemployment are based on the first $7000 of wages, so raising the minimum wage is unlikely to increase them.

Workers' Com premiums are computed in a manner such that they are also unlikely to increase as wages rise. The rate is stated as a premium per $100 of wages, but that rate is tied back to claims per hour worked. Overtime pay, for example is excluded from the WC premium calculation. If wages rise and loss experience stays the same, the rates will decrease.

Another glaringly obvious effect that is often overlooked:

Suppose the $7.25 an hour worker happily discovers that his paycheck (thanks to an act of Congress) has suddenly increased to $15 an hour. Suppose his job cannot be replaced by a machine and his employer is not inclined to cut the workforce. All is well in paradise right?

One small problem. Why should I employ someone with the skill set comparable to a wage of $7.25 an hour in a position that pays nearly double that? There are plenty of more qualified candidates waiting in the wings who will give me a better return, rest assured they will replace my staff in short order.

The result will be much the same as what currently transpires, those with the least skills remain mired in chronic unemployment as the ladder of opportunity previously afforded to them has been taken away by the minimum wage.

Last edited:
What a great idea....
Force small business to pay for health care for employees.
Force small business to pay higher wages.
Force small business....

Out of business.

What the Hell!.... Democrats feel they didn't build that business anyway!

Working for poverty level and below wages is the closest thing to slavery you will find today.
I'll be sure to tell the middle class high school kid working at the Subway up the street how close he is to people who were paid no wages, had no choice to leave or choose whether to work, and were bought and sold like property.

You are right.. but that doesn't negate the points being made and one other point added to the above OP...

NO one ever correctly states the true cost of minimum wage.
They use "$7.25" current minimum or as pointed out $12.00" proposed minimum wage.

But they ignore the ADDED costs to the employer BESIDES the increase to $12.00!

1)The 6.2% social security is also paid by the employer which adds another $1,574 a year paid by employer!
2)The 1.45% Medicare tax paid by the employer or another $350 paid by employer!
3)Then there is the FUTA and workman's comp costs based on wages paid...

So when people talk about raising minimum wage for 40 hour 52 week employee Nearly $1,900 TOTALLY ADDED cost per employee!

It is amazing how many people do not know this.
As a general rule, generally speaking - Full-time total compensation is between 30-40% above their wage...so if you make $16 an hour - your real cost to the employer is roughly $21.50 an hour. For a Part-time employee the cost is between 10-15% above the wage. So $7.25 is more like $8.10 an hour.
So to increase minimum wage to $12 an hour would make that $13.60 an hour. HUGE increase in labor cost. Huge.

Yeah, so fuck 'em if they can't pay their rent when we pay the stupid lazy butts $7.25 an hour. Let 'em do what Walmart employees do...go on federal assistance.

You've got two choices: Force the EMPLOYER to bear the cost of THEIR employees or pass it on to YOU, the TAXPAYER.

Something's gotta' give and I'd rather leave it to the individual business and their ability to acquire and obtain and retain quality help than pass their problems on to me.

If you literally can't afford an extra couple of bucks over the hourly wage, then you shouldn't be in business.

Then go find a second job and quit the BS.

What a great idea....
Force small business to pay for health care for employees.
Force small business to pay higher wages.
Force small business....

Out of business.

What the Hell!.... Democrats feel they didn't build that business anyway!

You've illustrated the self full filling prophesy of the Moonbats

Wait what?

You've obviously never owned a business..or started one.

You have to "register" with the government.

In my case, I had to get a tax id, and get a liquor license and a license to operate a restaurant. I had to go a state office and get fingerprinted, fill out a crap load of forms, and get photographed. Then you have get insurance. And submit to health inspections. I was also one of the lucky ones, as I got hit up by the local police for "guard" jobs.

What you guys know about business could fill a thimble.

I'm curious as to what state you are in. I've set up dozen or so restaurants in Florida and am in the process of setting up a gun store. The SS-4 is trivial. The FFL is a bitch, but I understand that, especially as we carry some specialized ammo & gear for the denizens of Hurlburt. All the rest is local.

For the restaurants there is a water tap fee of $40k and up, the liquor license is about $4k unless over 50% of sales will be liquor, and the health and fire department inspections are reasonable. No police shakedown in our county. I can't complain about the insurance cost (we own an agency).

What's with the fingerprints? I understand those for my licenses (Treasury, FFL, securities, insurance), but a restaurant?

NEWS FLASH: FYI INS is now prosecuting referrals for harboring illegals (10 years) based on tips from state sales tax audits and IRS audits of food service establishments. If the employer I providing housing, expect a raid.

Yeah, Australia tried that....

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Australia are 45.38% higher than in United States
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Australia are 50.71% higher than in United States
Rent Prices in Australia are 62.85% higher than in United States
Restaurant Prices in Australia are 44.14% higher than in United States
Groceries Prices in Australia are 33.50% higher than in United States
Local Purchasing Power in Australia is 23.48% lower than in United States

Cost Of Living Comparison Between United States And Australia

And minimum wage is 120% higher than the US.

Forum List

Back