Ministers agree: "Price Tag" is terror

Yedioth's photo- unbelievable.

tror_yaaodi_yadieot.JPG

On the left, they label "Arab terror"

On the right, is the "Jewish terror".

Blowing up a bus full of civilians, is apparently the same as drawing a graffiti on a mosque

s12632.gif

Except that price tag attacks don't stop at grafitti - come on Lipush, how can you say it's not terror? The difference is only a matter of scale, not intention. You keep saying "grafitti" - it's not.

I'm glad they are calling it terror because that is what it is.

11 April 2013: A Palestinian was seriously injured in clashes with settlers in West Bank, three days after two mosques were vandalized in a Palestinian town near Bethlehem. Haaretz reported that the incident began "when three settlers from the neighboring newly founded outpost of Netzah Binyamin, near the Efrat settlement, entered the village and began beating the Palestinian man with steel pipes, villagers said...A Netzah Binyamin resident told Haaretz that the incident occurred when residents of Silwad ventured close to their outpost."

27 August 2012: Two masked men attack 67-year-old Palestinian shepherd in South Hebron Hills.

17 August 2012: In suspected Jerusalem lynch, dozens of Jewish youths attack 3 Palestinians. One of the Palestinians was seriously wounded and hospitalized in intensive care; eyewitness: Today I saw a lynch with my own eyes.

16 August 2012: A firebombing of a Palestinian taxi near the settlement of Bat Ayin injures 6 Palestinians, including 2 children (also here, including photo of the burned out vehicle). Police subsequently detain 3 youths from the settlement of Bat Ayin in connection with the attack (also here).

28 February 2011: Molotov cocktail hurled at Palestinian house, Army believed it to be part of Price Tag activity.

Price tag is not terror

Price tag is response to Palestinian terror

Once its goes into serious violence against Palestinians it is no longer price tag.

Why do you think so many back it up?

And yet, comparing a graffiti to blowing up buses shows anti-Zionist ignorant agenda.

That fact cannot be ignored!

what is really funny is that you are the only one really comparing grafiti to blowing up buses...

why don't you define terrorism for me in general terms.

I personally don't see a major difference in calling these attacks terrorism or just plain vandalism.

Both sides claim that their graffiti or their hostilities were directly a result of the other sides graffiti or hostilities. It's basically just a "he started it, no he started it" match. Both need to stop, end of story

what is really funny is that you are the only one really comparing grafiti to blowing up buses...

I'm not.

I brought the Yedioth title, they think those are the same, too.

Leftist media, how twisted.

why don't you define terrorism for me in general terms.

We discussed it millions times already! and I already answered that.

I personally don't see a major difference in calling these attacks terrorism or just plain vandalism.

Both sides claim that their graffiti or their hostilities were directly a result of the other sides graffiti or hostilities. It's basically just a "he started it, no he started it" match. Both need to stop, end of story

Graffiti will stop once 3 year old girls are not stoned.

Its really THAT simple.

I will condemn any act of backlash violence which get Palestinians physically harmed, but when they stab, stone, injure and attack women and children on roads and houses, can you blame a teenage boy for being angry and spraying "We don't forget" on a wall?

can it SERIOUSLY be treated as "terror"??

Sorry, but that is a thing I don't get.

That's simply twisted.

We don't want graffiti? we need to stop the problem from its root!

And again, I don't talk about physical actual violence, which I am more than against, and condemn.

Graffiti will stop once 3 year old girls are not stoned.

Its really THAT simple.

I will condemn any act of backlash violence which get Palestinians physically harmed, but when they stab, stone, injure and attack women and children on roads and houses, can you blame a teenage boy for being angry and spraying "We don't forget" on a wall?

can it SERIOUSLY be treated as "terror"??

Sorry, but that is a thing I don't get.

That's simply twisted.

We don't want graffiti? we need to stop the problem from its root!

And again, I don't talk about physical actual violence, which I am more than against, and condemn.

terror does not necessarily involve violence and violence is not necessarily terror. you really don't get it.

"everybody must get stoned".

death is final. terror is pervasive.

Yedioth's photo- unbelievable.

tror_yaaodi_yadieot.JPG

On the left, they label "Arab terror"

On the right, is the "Jewish terror".

Blowing up a bus full of civilians, is apparently the same as drawing a graffiti on a mosque

s12632.gif

Except that price tag attacks don't stop at grafitti - come on Lipush, how can you say it's not terror? The difference is only a matter of scale, not intention. You keep saying "grafitti" - it's not.

11 April 2013: A Palestinian was seriously injured in clashes with settlers in West Bank, three days after two mosques were vandalized in a Palestinian town near Bethlehem. Haaretz reported that the incident began "when three settlers from the neighboring newly founded outpost of Netzah Binyamin, near the Efrat settlement, entered the village and began beating the Palestinian man with steel pipes, villagers said...A Netzah Binyamin resident told Haaretz that the incident occurred when residents of Silwad ventured close to their outpost."

27 August 2012: Two masked men attack 67-year-old Palestinian shepherd in South Hebron Hills.

17 August 2012: In suspected Jerusalem lynch, dozens of Jewish youths attack 3 Palestinians. One of the Palestinians was seriously wounded and hospitalized in intensive care; eyewitness: Today I saw a lynch with my own eyes.

16 August 2012: A firebombing of a Palestinian taxi near the settlement of Bat Ayin injures 6 Palestinians, including 2 children (also here, including photo of the burned out vehicle). Police subsequently detain 3 youths from the settlement of Bat Ayin in connection with the attack (also here).

28 February 2011: Molotov cocktail hurled at Palestinian house, Army believed it to be part of Price Tag activity.

Price tag is not terror

Once its goes into serious violence against Palestinians it is no longer price tag.

It's ALL a response to terror or perceived terror - if that's the excuse you are going to use.

Why do the Palestinians launch attacks? In response to Israeli attacks. Why do the Israeli's launch attacks? In response to Palestinian attacks.

Point is - you are making excuses for terrorist activities conducted under the name "price tag" - they aren't aimed at the actual perpetrators, but at innocent civilians! It's Price Tag and it's terrorism - they are the ones doing it!

And yet, comparing a graffiti to blowing up buses shows anti-Zionist ignorant agenda.

Calling the beating of civilians with iron pipes, arson attacks on vehicles, homes and mosquest "grafitti" shows a blatent anti-Palestinian agenda. That's a fact.

Price tag is not terror

It's ALL a response to terror or perceived terror - if that's the excuse you are going to use.

Why do the Palestinians launch attacks? In response to Israeli attacks. Why do the Israeli's launch attacks? In response to Palestinian attacks.

Point is - you are making excuses for terrorist activities conducted under the name "price tag" - they aren't aimed at the actual perpetrators, but at innocent civilians! It's Price Tag and it's terrorism - they are the ones doing it!

What attacks brought the killing of Jonathan Palmer?

Or the injuring of Adelle Biton?

They attack SO many times unprovoked AT ALL.

I am far from making excuses, I already said I condemn acts of violence.

I am against calling graffiti boys "terrorists".

And that is my opinion, I don't see it changing soon

Calling the beating of civilians with iron pipes, arson attacks on vehicles, homes and mosquest "grafitti" shows a blatent anti-Palestinian agenda. That's a fact.

Please read what I said again, I think you misunderstood me completely:eusa_eh:

I understand what you are saying: when Price Taggers progress to violence they are no longer "Price Tags".

I disagree because violence towards individuals is often the logical extreme to hateful grafitti that is intended to frighten and terrorize innocent people and it is the same gangs of youths who are ratcheting it up to violence and who's actions are supported by their communities. The intent is to terrorize - whether it's grafitti on a place of worsip, arson, or beating a man almost to death - it's all conducted under Price Tag auspices and it is terrorism.

It's no different than Palestinians throwing stones - most of the time the stones do little damage and are not intended to cause serious harm - there an expression of protest. Yet it does happen. Can you excuse it by saying those who caused harm are in a different category?

Price tag is not terror

No you are trying to justify it - why, because those injured were Palestinians? Did they deserve it any more than Adelle Biton or Jonathan Palmer? Did they?

Their intent is to terrorize - they are as much terrorists as the KKK who burned crosses in front of the homes of black families, threw firebombs in their churches and lynched them. The sentiment is the same and the target is innocent people.

We're not talking about the kind of grafitti that is sprayed about to stake territorial claims, lovers spats or "artwork" - we're talking about the kind of grafitti that claims "the only good arab is a dead arab" on the wall of a mosque. The kind that leads to the beating of innocent people and the firebombing of places of worship.

I understand what you are saying: when Price Taggers progress to violence they are no longer "Price Tags".

I disagree because violence towards individuals is often the logical extreme to hateful grafitti that is intended to frighten and terrorize innocent people and it is the same gangs of youths who are ratcheting it up to violence and who's actions are supported by their communities. The intent is to terrorize - whether it's grafitti on a place of worsip, arson, or beating a man almost to death - it's all conducted under Price Tag auspices and it is terrorism.

It's no different than Palestinians throwing stones - most of the time the stones do little damage and are not intended to cause serious harm - there an expression of protest. Yet it does happen. Can you excuse it by saying those who caused harm are in a different category?

You see, but we don't arrest people here for INTENT to terrorize, or INTENT to scare and harm people.

In a universe where it is possible, something is not right.

That is why I don't think treating graffiti as the same as a bombed bus or a killing stone, is in the right place.

I think this is completely twisted thinking those are the same.

No you are trying to justify it - why, because those injured were Palestinians? Did they deserve it any more than Adelle Biton or Jonathan Palmer? Did they?

Their intent is to terrorize - they are as much terrorists as the KKK who burned crosses in front of the homes of black families, threw firebombs in their churches and lynched them. The sentiment is the same and the target is innocent people.

We're not talking about the kind of grafitti that is sprayed about to stake territorial claims, lovers spats or "artwork" - we're talking about the kind of grafitti that claims "the only good arab is a dead arab" on the wall of a mosque. The kind that leads to the beating of innocent people and the firebombing of places of worship.

Again I say, once Palestinians are PHYSICALLY injured, this is no price tag, but act of violence.

I said it once, if needed will say it 10 more times. Until my views cannot be misinterpreted.

If we discuss that, so the grafitti "Slaughter the Jews" is also terror?

What happened to the simple freedom of speech?

So what separated Vandalism from terror?

Or is there a difference at all?

And yeah, I guess I *don't* get it, if that's the case

well, i guess i would define "terrorism" as agressive and threatening acts directed specifically or neglegently at a civilian population with the intent of effecting a political end.

that could be refined but it is a start.

now, i am not really the type to be scared of things, but i thing someone scrawling "kill the irish" on my front door or car woud freak me out a bit more than a bus being bombed across town.

Again I say, once Palestinians are PHYSICALLY injured, this is no price tag, but act of violence.

I said it once, if needed will say it 10 more times. Until my views cannot be misinterpreted.

If we discuss that, so the grafitti "Slaughter the Jews" is also terror?

What happened to the simple freedom of speech?

graffiti is "simple freedom of speech"?

Forum List

Back