Minnesota Goes From A Surplus To A Deficit

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021

How does a state go from having an $18 billion surplus to potentially facing a deficit in a space of less than a year?
State House
The answer is reckless spending.

Another example of a government gone stupid. Democrats had the State House, the Senate, and the house. They took an $18 billion surplus and now apparently heard about $10 billion in deficit.

I was unaware of this until recently.

States need to have balanced budget ammendments.

How does a state go from having an $18 billion surplus to potentially facing a deficit in a space of less than a year?
State House

Another example of a government gone stupid. Democrats had the State House, the Senate, and the house. They took an $18 billion surplus and now apparently heard about $10 billion in deficit.

Minnesota Republican Tax Cuts
Screen-Shot-2022-02-24-at-10.37.28-AM-scaled.jpeg

Last edited:

State House

I read today that Montana is debt free and has a 2.5B dollar surplus for their rainy day fund and tax relief. I guess Gianforte accomplished this feat in '23. Impressive considering what was going on in the rest of the country.

Was this some dumbassed attempt to answer the question in the OP ?

You going to explain the 30 Billion dollar shift.

Oh look...Fake News on the 1st post. What was fake ? Did I get something wrong ?
Repubtards fabricated a fake projected surplus, so they could pass a tax cut that burdens citizens with massive debt, interest rates, larger future taxes & inflation.

Republicans never cut spending.

Repubtards fabricated a fake projected surplus, so they could pass a tax cut that burdens citizens with massive debt, interest rates, larger future taxes & inflation.

I love the smell of democrat ignorance exposed.

Bullshit.

GFY you liar.

I read today that Montana is debt free and has a 2.5B dollar surplus for their rainy day fund and tax relief. I guess Gianforte accomplished this feat in '23. Impressive considering what was going on in the rest of the country.
That tax relief will be massive debt in a couple years when their shell game surfaces if they didn't cut REAL spending.

Never trust a politician, especially a Republican promising tax cuts without FIRST cutting REAL spending & paying off the REAL debt, not projected debt.

That tax relief will be massive debt in a couple years when their shell game surfaces if they didn't cut REAL spending.

Never trust a politician, especially a Republican promising tax cuts without FIRST cutting REAL spending & paying off the REAL debt, not projected debt.
Keep doubling down, moron. You like being broke and stupid.

WE ARE CURRENTLY TALKING MINNISOTA

Yeah...never trust a politician. I agree.

Loved how the darling of the left is now going to put price controls in place.

But this is about Minnisota.

WTF happened to that money ?

Keep doubling down, moron. You like being broke and stupid.
In 2022 Montana Governor Greg Gianforte - "the budget makes the State of Montana debt-free in 2023, paying off all general obligation debt and saving taxpayers $40 million over the next two years."

Well it's now 2024 & Montana's debt is larger! Interest on that new debt is Higher!
Montana Debt.png

What Happened to Debt Free Dumbass???

Forum List

Back