Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

mostly sweet potatoes and yams for me.....

I didn't like sweet potatoes as a kid...wrong color...now I eat em when I can find ones that aren't huge....too sinewy and tough....but one the same size as Idaho spud...man alive....with proper butter and salt, they're tasty...still the wrong color but tasty.

[

I haven't eaten meat in more than 30 years and I don't shop at Walmart so no, I don't know if the meat is glued together.

"How do you not know these things? Did you write that...?"

Its very clearly a hot link?

How do you not know that?

I'll bet that's what caused your brain to atrophy, assclown. Lack of protein left you a drooling moron.

I eat about five pounds of red meat a week.

I am 66, 6'4", 185lbs, and pretty damned healthy.

Hasn't hurt me a bit, as far as I can tell.

No, but it's the reason you're 6'4" and 185.

If the leftists have their way, everyone will be 5'3 and 310 lbs.

Naw. Once they have everybody dependent on gov't food, they'll take it from the people. That's where we're headed.

It's already happening. The allotments are going to more and more people....the next step is for government to take control of the production of food..then they will withhold it from the people.

That's how this stuff has historically gone down.
Yea, I read about it in American history class....

Naw. Once they have everybody dependent on gov't food, they'll take it from the people. That's where we're headed.

It's already happening. The allotments are going to more and more people....the next step is for government to take control of the production of food..then they will withhold it from the people.

We all know you don't read, poothrow.

I haven't insulted you. You see it as an insult when I point out where your info is incorrect, and I can't help that. However you've called me names in about half a dozen posts. And "Your agenda is a loser profile" doesn't even make sense.

You sound like maybe you're slamming heroin. I suggest you just say no.

I suggest you get laid....might do wonders for your anger issues.

All unhealthy food should be off the list. Red meat is not a healthy source of protein.

Give it some time, that diet will catch up with you, but that is not the point. There are healthier, less expensive options. You pay for your own food, so you can eat whatever you want. If I have to pay for your food you will be eating beans instead of beef, perhaps some chicken.
If someone else has to pay for my food, I will slit my wrists.
its not shameful to accept help if you truly need it....
Most people are on welfare don't really need the help, they just need someone to kick them in the ass.
still doesnt negate what i said.....if you truly need help ....seek it

I haven't insulted you. You see it as an insult when I point out where your info is incorrect, and I can't help that. However you've called me names in about half a dozen posts. And "Your agenda is a loser profile" doesn't even make sense.

He said angrily.

We all know you don't read, poothrow.
Yes I do, with braille....

If that's the case you could put it in the computer. I'm talking about high priced meats like ribeye or strip steaks.

Steak is the loss leader out in California. Every holiday weekend all of the stores put in on sale. Ribeye and NY (bone in) are $5.99 every holiday.

With hamburger tipping $7 a pound, steak is often cheaper.

Give it some time, that diet will catch up with you, but that is not the point. There are healthier, less expensive options. You pay for your own food, so you can eat whatever you want. If I have to pay for your food you will be eating beans instead of beef, perhaps some chicken.
If someone else has to pay for my food, I will slit my wrists.
its not shameful to accept help if you truly need it....
Most people are on welfare don't really need the help, they just need someone to kick them in the ass.
still doesnt negate what i said.....if you truly need help ....seek it
Need money, no hope without dope, send money SOON!

He said angrily.
You know how truck drivers are....

You don't have a *position*. All you've posted is a bunch of nonsense.

You're too busy dreaming up insults to read what I said...your agenda is a loser profile. The "nonsense" you're referring to is so far over your head you'd need binoculars to see it, witch.

You are awfully cranky here.

I think you have a tube steak deficiency.

My bro don't slam heroin, Hell I can't even get him to smoke a joint.

You seem really ragged out, perhaps some heroin might do YOU some good.

Jeez.

I don't see the problem with them buying seafood or steak. Both can be very healthy choices compared to junk food and fast food. I'd encourage everyone to strive to eat healthy, no matter what class they are.​

duh ground beef is still much cheaper,the steak that makes it into GB is old and out of date.

*sigh* This is just not true. Ground beef is mostly made from the meat left over when they cut premium roasts and steaks. It is not "out of date" or "less fresh" than any other meat in the cooler. There are various mixtures of fat-to-lean and ground beef is certainly distinguished from ground chuck, which is ground steak, or actually, ground chuck roast.

The only 'health' difference in ground beef and other cuts of beef is the processing itself. Ground beef is three times more likely to carry food-borne bacteria because of going through unclean grinders.

None of this has much to do with the OP, and it's a shame that some people had rather derail the topic to talk about hamburger meat, but that's the Joy of USMB, I suppose.

I buy T-Bone & Porterhouse Steaks for $4.99/lb at Save-A-Lot. It's cheaper than hamburger at other stores. So now poor people can't buy good food even when it's cheaper than crappy food? Most people on food stamps have jobs & work for a living.

Filet mignon and lobster are not $4.99/lb and no, those on FS should not be able to purchase those foods, or junk food, with FS. If they want them they can pay for them out of pocket.

Forum List

Back