Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood

yep.....i will buy sirloin burger over the 30% shit....ground Turkey is getting popular.....ground Bison is the best....

Turkey pisses me off though. I bought a 5lb Jenny-O chub on the weekend, damned thing was at least 50% water. They can cheat more on the ground turkey than the ground beef, it holds the water better. I do prefer it in spaghetti though.

Steak is bad for you...

If you grill it ya might as well admit you'll be looking at cancer in the 4th quarter. I'd rather eat raw meat than charred meat.
I've gone to stir frying my NY strips with good vegetables, and using things like Thai peanut sauce.

Been eating really well, it isn't that hard, and you don't have to eat rabbit food to get by on $8-10 a day, including coffee, which has gotten outrageous of late.

[
So the leftist will make everyone overeat and become obese, oh my, it's already happened...

When you replace lean meats with rice and beans, people become obese. The idiot left pushes people to a carb rich diet. Tofu (bean curd) and rice, white bread, pealed potatoes, etc.
What is wrong with peeled taters?
My grandparents and parents ate beans, rice, gravy fried foods, yet were not obese or overweight...It also has something to do with portions and activity levels....

duh ground beef is still much cheaper,the steak that makes it into GB is old and out of date.

*sigh* This is just not true. Ground beef is mostly made from the meat left over when they cut premium roasts and steaks. It is not "out of date" or "less fresh" than any other meat in the cooler. There are various mixtures of fat-to-lean and ground beef is certainly distinguished from ground chuck, which is ground steak, or actually, ground chuck roast.

The only 'health' difference in ground beef and other cuts of beef is the processing itself. Ground beef is three times more likely to carry food-borne bacteria because of going through unclean grinders.

None of this has much to do with the OP, and it's a shame that some people had rather derail the topic to talk about hamburger meat, but that's the Joy of USMB, I suppose.
The best way to eat hamburger is to buy the meat and grind it at home.

Not that I always follow my own advice, but I doubt I eat two pounds of ground beef a year.

If I want something with ground meat, I kill a deer.

Steak is bad for you...

If you grill it ya might as well admit you'll be looking at cancer in the 4th quarter. I'd rather eat raw meat than charred meat.
I've gone to stir frying my NY strips with good vegetables, and using things like Thai peanut sauce.

Been eating really well, it isn't that hard, and you don't have to eat rabbit food to get by on $8-10 a day, including coffee, which has gotten outrageous of late.

Make a Thai spicy beef salad sometime - good stuff.

yep.....i will buy sirloin burger over the 30% shit....ground Turkey is getting popular.....ground Bison is the best....

Turkey pisses me off though. I bought a 5lb Jenny-O chub on the weekend, damned thing was at least 50% water. They can cheat more on the ground turkey than the ground beef, it holds the water better. I do prefer it in spaghetti though.
I bought a whole one, paid out the ass for "fresh never frozen" and the goddamned thing was all fat.

If that's the case you could put it in the computer. I'm talking about high priced meats like ribeye or strip steaks.

Steak is the loss leader out in California. Every holiday weekend all of the stores put in on sale. Ribeye and NY (bone in) are $5.99 every holiday.

With hamburger tipping $7 a pound, steak is often cheaper.
I know, I remember not long ago buying ground beef for .99¢ a pound if you bought at least 3 pounds. All I see is ground chuck now.

Tomorrow is the day when the Kroger stores in my area give 10% discounts on all house-brand food items to we "seniors". A day when one might expect to see a higher percentage of food-stamp users shopping to make their money buy more.

But that doesn't happen.

However my wife and I will be there early and pretty well fill a cart spending an amount we consistently spent each "first tuesday" for donation to the local food bank where she does some volunteer work.

We use two carts. One of which is for the food bank purchases; the other for things we regularly use from the range of house-brand products.

Point of that two carts is that we buy the same type goods (house brands) for donation and for our own purposes.

That brings us to the experience working in the food bank. When the volunteers observers see a "basket" filled exclusively with name-brands odds are very high that the recipient will carry them out and put them in the trunk of a new or near-new luxury sedan. The mixed baskets tend to go into older vehicles, particularly pickup trucks, or get carried off in cloth sacks carried away by a person on foot.

Recently there was a bit of a flap when one of the volunteers loudly offered: "LET ME HELP CARRY YOUR BOXES OUT TO YOUR LEXUS". It wasn't so much the offer that caused the upset - rather, the slow clap that echoed through the shop.

I wonder if she'll be back next month!

My Kroger store in Phoenix is Frys.....$1.99 1% milk is what draws me in.....and they have the senior discount first Wednesday of the month but I've only hit that 10% off once (last week). There was a time I couldn't care less about my grocery prices because I usually had little in the fridge but pizza and beer. When my metabolism slowed down, that couldn't last. I've been eating healthy for about 3 years now and feel great....I even learned how to cook....my wives could burn a salad...professional women who thought cooking a meal was a violation of their civil rights. My current GF is a good cook but she can't touch my chili or mushroom chicken.

If that's the case you could put it in the computer. I'm talking about high priced meats like ribeye or strip steaks.

Steak is the loss leader out in California. Every holiday weekend all of the stores put in on sale. Ribeye and NY (bone in) are $5.99 every holiday.

I know, I remember not long ago buying ground beef for .99¢ a pound if you bought at least 3 pounds. All I see is ground chuck now.
Chuck is beef.

WTF am I missing here?

I only buy the 85% lean/15% fat turkey. Much more flavor, much less dry.

Chuck is beef.

WTF am I missing here?
Ground beef has more fat, than ground chuck. You don't know the difference in meat?

You are awfully cranky here.

I think you have a tube steak deficiency.

My bro don't slam heroin, Hell I can't even get him to smoke a joint.

You seem really ragged out, perhaps some heroin might do YOU some good.

Jeez.

To be fair my Brother forgets how many joints I've smoked and how much ginkgo I've had to eat to undo the damage. Ma always said RR could lose half his brain cells and still me smarter than me. :eusa_doh:

People on food assistance can't win. If they buy junk food, they get judged. If they buy healthier (but more expensive!) food, they still get judged. It's food, for God's sake. Honestly, who cares what food they buy with it? It's still the same amount of money.

Forum List

Back