Mitch goes to Senate floor, B-Slaps Nazi Pelousy and Cryin' Chucky on their impeachment farce.

Told Nazi she is done. She has nothing to say about how the Senate operates. Also called out Schumer on his hypocrisy from the Clinton impeachment.

Impeachment impasse deepens as McConnell rejects Pelosi's bid to shape trial: ā€˜Their turn is overā€™

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, speaking from the chamberā€™s floor Friday, rejected House Speaker Nancy Pelosiā€™s efforts to shape a pending impeachment trial as ā€œfantasyā€ā€”leaving the process at a standstill as lawmakers return from the holiday recess.

ā€œTheir turn is over. Theyā€™ve done enough damage. Itā€™s the Senateā€™s turn now to render sober judgment,ā€ McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

But he stressed that the chamber cannot hold a trial unless and until the House of Representatives transmits the two articles of impeachment adopted last month, accusing President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress pertaining to his dealings with Ukraine. Pelosi, D-Calif., has held onto them in a bid to seek favorable terms for a trial, including the involvement of certain Democrat-sought witnesses.

McConnell called Pelosiā€™s effort to ā€œhand-designā€ the proceedings in the Senate a ā€œnon-starterā€ and a ā€œfantasy.ā€

But McConnell charged that Democrats' "Trump derangement syndrome" has escalated into a partisan "fever," while accusing his counterparts of taking positions that contradict their actions during the Clinton impeachment.

"It appears that one symptom of Trump derangement syndrome is also a bad case of amnesia," he quipped.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said overnight that he plans to introduce a measure Monday to dismiss the "bogus impeachment" entirely.

"If Dems wonā€™t proceed with trial, bogus articles should be dismissed and @realDonaldTrump fully cleared," he tweeted.

McConnell, though, indicated the Senate process is at a standstill for now, as he accused the House of getting "cold feet."

"The same people who spent weeks screaming that impeachment was so urgent ā€¦ now decided it could wait indefinitely while they check the political winds and look for some new talking points," he said.

Impeachment impasse deepens as McConnell rejects Pelosi's bid to shape trial: ā€˜Their turn is overā€™
You fantasize about slapping women, do you?
Your reading comprehension skills are non existent.

Hey I think this whole impeachment thing is a circus and a bad move. That doesnā€™t have anything to do with my comments about the turtle.

Sure it does! Your question is how can you take the turtle seriously?

What's not to take seriously? He said follow the same rules of the clinton impeachment...so what's not to take seriously?

Why wont you answer the question?
If I remember correctly the senate had witnesses during the Clinton impeachment. McConnell has spoken publicly about not allowing witnesses. So it doesnā€™t sound like he is planning on doing things like they did then... right?
3 witnesses testified.......behind closed doors. They had all already testified during the investigation.

That isnā€™t what Cryinā€™ Chucky is looking for now. He wants to call new witnesses and redo the Houseā€™s investigation.
Those witnesses were subpoenaed and they ignored them during the house investigation. New witnesses are called at trials all the time. Thatā€™s not something that unprecedented

why are you talking about Nancy? Sheā€™s got nothing to do with this. Stay on topic bucko

SHE'S IN THE FUCKING TITLE OF THE OP, MORON
So what? She has nothing to do with my comment that you were responding to.
She had EVERYTHING to do with it, to anyone with an IQ over 65.
she doesnā€™t have anything to do with the turtle being a joke. If your only reply is well Nancy is crazy then Iā€™ll just take that as affirmation to my critique on McConnell.
So what, you think you get to critique what others can and cannot reply to, butthead?
You think you get to choose what views are valid?
My view of Nancy is part of the TOPIC of this thread, Ace! Your view that McConnell is a joke is not.
But you can take anything you want any way you want for all anyone cares! :21:
Well thatā€™s wonderful, why didnā€™t you reply to the OP then to talk about Nancy. Why did you reply to me and then go off topic from Mitch to Nancy? That was a weak topic change.

I listen to the turtle make his senate floor speeches and wonder how anybody can take him seriously. It sounds like you do... how do you take him seriously? Please explain for me.
More serious than the clowns, the Dems, in the house. He is 100% correct.

If I remember correctly the senate had witnesses during the Clinton impeachment.

They had witnesses AFTER the vote to dismiss failed and the impeachment trial continued on.

This time the vote to dismiss will not fail...we wont get to the witness part.

Read post #24
that very well could be the case. Probably why Nancy is holding on to the articles and squeezing some political dirt out of it. This whole thing on both sides is a joke. Nobody cares about the truth, itā€™s a battle of two dishonest marketing campaigns

Hey I think this whole impeachment thing is a circus and a bad move. That doesnā€™t have anything to do with my comments about the turtle.

What's not to take seriously? He said follow the same rules of the clinton impeachment...so what's not to take seriously?

If I remember correctly the senate had witnesses during the Clinton impeachment. McConnell has spoken publicly about not allowing witnesses. So it doesnā€™t sound like he is planning on doing things like they did then... right?
3 witnesses testified.......behind closed doors. They had all already testified during the investigation.

That isnā€™t what Cryinā€™ Chucky is looking for now. He wants to call new witnesses and redo the Houseā€™s investigation.
Those witnesses were subpoenaed and they ignored them during the house investigation. New witnesses are called at trials all the time. Thatā€™s not something that unprecedented
Thatā€™s on Nazi. She was in too big of a hurry to let the courts rule on the challenges to the subpoenas. Apparently, Nazi thought they made their case without waiting for the system outlined in the Constitution.

This isnā€™t a normal trial. No impeachment included new witnesses called by Senators.

Thatā€™s on Nazi. She was in too big of a hurry to let the courts rule on the challenges to the subpoenas. Apparently, Nazi thought they made their case without waiting for the system outlined in the Constitution.

This isnā€™t a normal trial. No impeachment included new witnesses called by Senators.
The subpoenas werenā€™t challenged they were ignored

I listen to the turtle make his senate floor speeches and wonder how anybody can take him seriously. It sounds like you do... how do you take him seriously? Please explain for me.
More serious than the clowns, the Dems, in the house. He is 100% correct.
He is just as bad as the dem clowns. I donā€™t see a difference
The difference is glaring, he actually knows what he is doing.
Itā€™s obvious what they are all doing. Playing political games instead of doing honest business

They were challenged in court. Even if they were just ignored, the House should have gone to court to get a ruling to force them to testify.

Either way, Nazi ignored the way the system works and she is stuck with the clusterfuck they produced.

I am under no obligation to explain jack shit to you, Sport.

Nazi is done. She needs to come out of hiding and slink over to the Senate with her clusterfuck impeachment papers.:5_1_12024:
I never said you were obligated to do anything but if you canā€™t answer a simple question or explain yourself then that speaks volumes. Rant and run is not a respectable tactic

You mean like you did, I didn't see you fully explain your position.

that very well could be the case. Probably why Nancy is holding on to the articles and squeezing some political dirt out of it.

In all honesty this is what I thunk...

RBG is on her deathbed and pelosi will hold the articles of impeachment until she craps out and Trump appoints a new SC justice.

Once the senate starts the confirmation process, pelosi delivers the articles and the senate is obligated to drop what they are doing and focus on impeachment.

I could be wrong...we will see.

We saw what lengths the filth went to with kavanaugh!

BS, it was up to the house to go to court to enforce their subpoenas, one member of the admin went to the court for guidance and the house withdrew the subpoena. They gave up their rights when they failed to exercise them at the appropriate time. They have no room to make demands now.

They were challenged in court. Even if they were just ignored, the House should have gone to court to get a ruling to force them to testify.

Either way, Nazi ignored the way the system works and she is stuck with the clusterfuck they produced.
A normal system would have consequences for ignoring subpoenas

I am under no obligation to explain jack shit to you, Sport.

Nazi is done. She needs to come out of hiding and slink over to the Senate with her clusterfuck impeachment papers.:5_1_12024:
I never said you were obligated to do anything but if you canā€™t answer a simple question or explain yourself then that speaks volumes. Rant and run is not a respectable tactic

You mean like you did, I didn't see you fully explain your position.

I just made a simple observation and asked a question... why would anybody take him seriously.

A normal system would have consequences for ignoring subpoenas
The House should have taken it to court. That's where the system takes care of these disputes. Nazi chose not to. Now she wants a do over because she knows she is holding a clusterfuck.

that very well could be the case. Probably why Nancy is holding on to the articles and squeezing some political dirt out of it.

In all honesty this is what I thunk...

RBG is on her deathbed and pelosi will hold the articles of impeachment until she craps out and Trump appoints a new SC justice.

Once the senate starts the confirmation process, pelosi delivers the articles and the senate is obligated to drop what they are doing and focus on impeachment.

I could be wrong...we will see.

We saw what lengths the filth went to with kavanaugh!
The Kavanaugh situation was bad... so was what the Reps did to block Garland. If RGB goes wouldnt the Reps be expected to hold off on nominating a replacement during an election year just as they did with Garland?

Told Nazi she is done. She has nothing to say about how the Senate operates. Also called out Schumer on his hypocrisy from the Clinton impeachment.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, speaking from the chamberā€™s floor Friday, rejected House Speaker Nancy Pelosiā€™s efforts to shape a pending impeachment trial as ā€œfantasyā€ā€”leaving the process at a standstill as lawmakers return from the holiday recess.

ā€œTheir turn is over. Theyā€™ve done enough damage. Itā€™s the Senateā€™s turn now to render sober judgment,ā€ McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

But he stressed that the chamber cannot hold a trial unless and until the House of Representatives transmits the two articles of impeachment adopted last month, accusing President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress pertaining to his dealings with Ukraine. Pelosi, D-Calif., has held onto them in a bid to seek favorable terms for a trial, including the involvement of certain Democrat-sought witnesses.

McConnell called Pelosiā€™s effort to ā€œhand-designā€ the proceedings in the Senate a ā€œnon-starterā€ and a ā€œfantasy.ā€

But McConnell charged that Democrats' "Trump derangement syndrome" has escalated into a partisan "fever," while accusing his counterparts of taking positions that contradict their actions during the Clinton impeachment.

"It appears that one symptom of Trump derangement syndrome is also a bad case of amnesia," he quipped.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said overnight that he plans to introduce a measure Monday to dismiss the "bogus impeachment" entirely.

"If Dems wonā€™t proceed with trial, bogus articles should be dismissed and @realDonaldTrump fully cleared," he tweeted.

McConnell, though, indicated the Senate process is at a standstill for now, as he accused the House of getting "cold feet."

"The same people who spent weeks screaming that impeachment was so urgent ā€¦ now decided it could wait indefinitely while they check the political winds and look for some new talking points," he said.

That's nice. Pelosi will let him know when he has her permission to proceed.

Forum List

Back