Mitch McConnel Bravely Tells The Corporate Elite To Stay Out Of Politics

Sen McConnell is a vacillating hack.

He had zero problems with corporations up until now...

What problems was he "required" to have with them before now?

None. That was the point.

As long as the donations came in, he had no problems.

No, the ACTUAL point is that he didn't have a problem with them until they started doing things he had a problem with.

Kinda like . . . I don't punish my kids until they actually do something wrong.

As I said, he had zero problems with corporations up until now.

Glad we agree.

As I said, a pointless point to make. Glad we agree you were wasting screen space.

Hillarious.

You pick an argument that I actually agree with and have a problem with the response.

Priceless...

Hilarious.

You make a post, and think being told you're saying something meaningless is agreeing with you.

Priceless.

No, the ACTUAL point is that he didn't have a problem with them until they started doing things he had a problem with.

Glad we agree.

As I said, a pointless point to make. Glad we agree you were wasting screen space.

Hillarious.

You pick an argument that I actually agree with and have a problem with the response.

Priceless...

Hilarious.

You make a post, and think being told you're saying something meaningless is agreeing with you.

Priceless.

If you have a crush on me just send a PM.:cool:

I think it's pretty clear....if you support mobs, there will be consequences. That seems pretty reasonable to me
What consequences?

I don’t think McConnell mentions anything about mobs.
Sure he did...it's in the quote.

Well, there can be criminal consequences if you support mobs, depending on what the mob does. There can be civil consequences. There can be all sort of consequences if you work with mobs

I think it's pretty clear....if you support mobs, there will be consequences. That seems pretty reasonable to me
What consequences?

I don’t think McConnell mentions anything about mobs.
Sure he did...it's in the quote.

Well, there can be criminal consequences if you support mobs, depending on what the mob does. There can be civil consequences. There can be all sort of consequences if you work with mobs
The longest quote I’ve seen you post is this:
There should be consequences if they do things " from outside the constitutional order"
Seems you’re extrapolating a lot here. Did you produce a longer quote?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Uh oh, Mitch is talking tough again. Watch out Coke.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...damn.

Corporations are not Mitch's kids

He is their bitch.....

Glad we agree.

Hillarious.

Priceless...

Hilarious.

Priceless.

You can imagine I did the same way you imagined that pointing out how worthless your post was constituted a "crush". You clearly spend a lot of time imagining that women notice you.

Glad we agree.

Hillarious.

Priceless...

Hilarious.

Priceless.

You can imagine I did the same way you imagined that pointing out how worthless your post was constituted a "crush". You clearly spend a lot of time imagining that women notice you.

And someone spends a lot of time chasing down my posts...

You can have the last word. :)

Glad we agree.

Hillarious.

Priceless...

Hilarious.

Priceless.

And someone spends a lot of time chasing down my posts...

You can have the last word. :)

Okay. Scrolling down a chat thread I'm already part of is not "chasing down your posts". I don't think it could be even in your desperate, fevered fantasies.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're still non-existent to women.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

So let me get this straight.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

God forbid they get angry about it.

How does it feel to lick the arse of the top 1% as a Lefty?

Give me your money but stay out of politics. The grim reaper is a hypocrite.
I would not think of entering politics.

After all, I'm a Neanderthal at best.

But I'm glad to see you will steal steal my money from me.

The grim reaper aka known a Mitch McConnell said to take to corp money but stay clear out of politics, UNLESS I want you in.

It's refreshing to see a leader in Washington standing up to the big donor class
What’s interesting is that conservatives complain of social media causing censorship but apparently are cool with an elected representative threatening corporations with repercussions based on their exercise of free speech.

Otherwise known as censorship.
There should be consequences if they do things " from outside the constitutional order"

What is sad is the Dems propaganda and threats from their brown shirts that have terrorized businesses for over 4 years now. That's not the Constitutional Order

Exercising free speech is not outside the constitutional order.

State Actor doctrine applies for these types of constitutional challenges.
They have nothing to feel threatened about then...McConnell's quote is clear...as I quoted him.
Yes it is, as long as you give me the money, stay out of politics unless I invite you in.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

The grim reaper aka known a Mitch McConnell said to take to corp money but stay clear out of politics, UNLESS I want you in.

Funny how that works...

LOL.

Funny how that works...

Nothing at all funny about it.

LOL.

Funny how that works...

Nothing at all funny about it.

Ok. I was agreeing with you...

It's refreshing to see a leader in Washington standing up to the big donor class
What’s interesting is that conservatives complain of social media causing censorship but apparently are cool with an elected representative threatening corporations with repercussions based on their exercise of free speech.

What is sad is the Dems propaganda and threats from their brown shirts that have terrorized businesses for over 4 years now. That's not the Constitutional Order

They have nothing to feel threatened about then...McConnell's quote is clear...as I quoted him.
Yes it is, as long as you give me the money, stay out of politics unless I invite you in.
why don’t you actually read what he said instead of lying and making things up?

That's just one of possibly several illegal secret agreements between the asshole Raffensperger and the Democrat Party.
These weren’t secret agreements. They’re court proceedings, everything was publicly available.

Not a strong case you’re making here.
You are truly incapable of understanding this.

There was a lawsuit brought by the Dems against the State.

OUTSIDE OF COURT PROCEEDINGS the State capitulated to the Dems and made an agreement as described in the consent decree that was signed by the State officials, NOT BY THE COURT. The Dems agreed to and did drop their case. The legislature was not informed of the agreement. Neither the court nor the legislature had anything to do with the agreement.

A second consent decree (also kept secret from the Georgia legislature) made more concessions to the Democrat Party.

Did you bother to read the linked article? If not, you have no business discussing this topic. If you did, you are severely lacking in the ability to comprehend written English. Either way, I'm done discussing this issue with you.

He said what he said, I have no problem with taking your money, but I want you to stay out of politics unless I want you to.

That does not allow Secretaries of State to arbitrarily change the voting regulations such as happened in numerous states that extended the deadlines for mail in ballots and nixed the post mark and signature verification requirements.
Those were changed as a result of court cases, not secretaries of state.

And it wasn't arbitrary.
Check history, bud. Many times, readers are subjected to lies in the debates on this discussion board because know-it-all idiots like you post whatever they want to be true and nobody challenges it.

I live in Georgia and I know full well what the sorry bastard, Raffensperger did...illegally.

Here's the gist of it:

And this happened in other states as well....aided by Marc Elias, Bitchillary's favorite go-to shyster lawyer.

The Georgia changes were made by a consent decree based on the Secretary of State agreeing to Stacey Abrams demands.

On March 6, 2020, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, took it upon himself to quietly sign off on a legal agreement with officials from the Democrat Party of Georgia, the Democrat Senatorial Campaign Committee, and the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee, that would fundamentally alter the way absentee ballots were processed across the State of Georgia.

The attorney handling the legal representation for the Democrat organizations was none other than Marc Elias from Perkins Coie. If the name rings a bell it’s because he is Hillary Clinton’s consigliere. Elias and Perkins Coie have been handling legal wrangling for Democrat election operations across the country.

As is the case in every state in the Union, the right to change election processes and election law lies exclusively with the state legislatures and not the Secretary of State, the State Supervisor of Elections, or the Judiciary.
You mean this consent decree?

For starters, had nothing to do with ballot deadlines and postmarks. It didn’t nix signature requirements either. There was nothing “fundamentally” different about how they’re handled.
That's just one of possibly several illegal secret agreements between the asshole Raffensperger and the Democrat Party.

Who knows how many were done? Who knows what's covered in each?

Certainly not you or I.

"We’ve uncovered a second secret agreement between corrupt Georgia election officials and the Democratic Party machine. This agreement is also illegitimate and its purpose too was to steal the election.

We previously reported about the corrupt actions which Georgia’s Chief Elections Official, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger took to help steal the 2020 Georgia election for the Democrats. That involved a secret March 6, 2020 “Consent Agreement” to alter absentee ballot procedures, between Republican Raffensperger and his State Election Board as defendants against the Democratic Party.

But then we found another election law complaint, this one filed by Stacey Abrams’ nonprofit, the “New Georgia Project,” (NGP) filed on May 8, 2020. (See full agreement here or here.) Hillary attorney Marc Elias of Perkins Coie was behind this agreement as well.

Georgia’s General Assembly, was never even informed about this first secret agreement so it likely it knows nothing about the second one."
You have a Qtip broken in your inner ear
You have delusions of adequacy.

He said what he said, I have no problem with taking your money, but I want you to stay out of politics unless I want you to.
i didn’t see that in the OP, maybe he said that somewhere else...can you provide a link?

If not i am gonna have to label your post fake news

These weren’t secret agreements. They’re court proceedings, everything was publicly available.

Not a strong case you’re making here.
You are truly incapable of understanding this.

There was a lawsuit brought by the Dems against the State.

OUTSIDE OF COURT PROCEEDINGS the State capitulated to the Dems and made an agreement as described in the consent decree that was signed by the State officials, NOT BY THE COURT. The Dems agreed to and did drop their case. The legislature was not informed of the agreement. Neither the court nor the legislature had anything to do with the agreement.

A second consent decree (also kept secret from the Georgia legislature) made more concessions to the Democrat Party.

Did you bother to read the linked article? If not, you have no business discussing this topic. If you did, you are severely lacking in the ability to comprehend written English. Either way, I'm done discussing this issue with you.
Consent decrees are not out of court settlements. They’re public, not secret. If the legislature didn’t pay attention, they didn’t pay attention.

That’s different than being secret.

Forum List

Back