Mitch McConnel Bravely Tells The Corporate Elite To Stay Out Of Politics

Sen McConnell is a vacillating hack.

He had zero problems with corporations up until now...

What problems was he "required" to have with them before now?

None. That was the point.

As long as the donations came in, he had no problems.

No, the ACTUAL point is that he didn't have a problem with them until they started doing things he had a problem with.

Kinda like . . . I don't punish my kids until they actually do something wrong.

As I said, he had zero problems with corporations up until now.

Glad we agree.

As I said, a pointless point to make. Glad we agree you were wasting screen space.

Hillarious.

You pick an argument that I actually agree with and have a problem with the response.

Priceless...

It's refreshing to see a leader in Washington standing up to the big donor class. Note we won't see that from Nancy, Chucky, Shit of Brains, Harris or Xiden.

Frankly, if the Commish of MLB is going to show his true Jim Crow, Augusta National, white privilege and move the All-Star game that was supposes to honor Civil Rights, and baseball legend Hank Aaron from his home town, which is largely minority, and move it to a lily white, top 1 percent, Aspen Colorado....then he can stick his racist money up his butt

It's refreshing to see a leader in Washington standing up to the big donor class
What’s interesting is that conservatives complain of social media causing censorship but apparently are cool with an elected representative threatening corporations with repercussions based on their exercise of free speech.

Otherwise known as censorship.

It's refreshing to see a leader in Washington standing up to the big donor class
What’s interesting is that conservatives complain of social media causing censorship but apparently are cool with an elected representative threatening corporations with repercussions based on their exercise of free speech.

There should be consequences if they do things " from outside the constitutional order"

What is sad is the Dems propaganda and threats from their brown shirts that have terrorized businesses for over 4 years now. That's not the Constitutional Order

There should be consequences if they do things " from outside the constitutional order"

What is sad is the Dems propaganda and threats from their brown shirts that have terrorized businesses for over 4 years now. That's not the Constitutional Order

Exercising free speech is not outside the constitutional order.

State Actor doctrine applies for these types of constitutional challenges.

The "constitutional order" doesn't apply to businesses. The Constitution is a set of rules for government.

Exercising free speech is not outside the constitutional order.

State Actor doctrine applies for these types of constitutional challenges.
They have nothing to feel threatened about then...McConnell's quote is clear...as I quoted him.

The "constitutional order" doesn't apply to businesses. The Constitution is a set of rules for government.
Then the business has nothing to feel threatened about....Mitch's quote is clear...as I quoted it.

I wish I could instill a reign of terror upon y'all, trust me.
(smiles an evil smile)

You wish you could do what now? Nobody is scared of you.
Stfu, Samusboy.

You're gonna have to do better than that.

Coming to this board is always a huge shock to leftists, after a lifetime of being told that they're special and wonderful and that the world trembles at the thought of their displeasure.

Didn't we just get through explaining that government can regulate speech? Cecilie and I both explained it already.

No you didn't. She tried to, and failed. All she did was point out that there are limitations on free speech, an obvious fact. That's the case with all rights. The government is prohibited from regulating speech by the First Amendment. But that doesn't mean it can't pass laws prohibiting using free speech to harm others (slander, shouting fire in a crowded theater, etc...).

It's the same with religious freedom, or the right to bear arms. The Constitution prohibits government from infringing on either, but that doesn't mean you can practice human sacrifice in the name of religious freedom, or rob a bank with a gun. The government can always act, in fact, is obligated to, when someone is violating the rights of others.

Oh, I am pretty sure we succeeded.

Slander and libel law is just one example of government regulating speech. Copyright law is another. Getting a permit to peacefully protest in any major metropolitan area in the US is another.

And those "limitations" you speak of, are what lets the government control speech the way it does.

Harrassment laws are another example of limitations on speech.

Then the business has nothing to feel threatened about....Mitch's quote is clear...as I quoted it.

If Mitch actually understands and respects the Constitution. I don't believe he does.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Uh oh, Mitch is talking tough again. Watch out Coke.
So let me get this straight.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

God forbid they get angry about it.

How does it feel to lick the arse of the top 1% as a Lefty?
Look's like another rightist no longer believes in private property rights...unless it's censoring leftwing protestors on private property...hmmmm

Looks like another leftist who's never given a damn about private property rights OR about corporations . . . unless it's trying to cynically use them as a talking point to cover up for heinous leftism. Hmmmm.

Looks like private property rights only matter when they fall on the right side of the partisan wall.

Looks like accusations of hypocrisy from a long-time hypocrite STILL don't impress anyone.

We can keep this up all day, if that's how long it takes for you to realize that no one is interested in your good opinion.

I am completely fine with the consistency of my stand, and utterly uninterested in your deliberate refusal to understand it. Even were I not morally opposed to defending myself against those whose authority I categorically reject, I wouldn't waste time trying to explain it to someone I know is deeply invested in not listening.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base. Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

Uh oh, Mitch is talking tough again. Watch out Coke.
So let me get this straight.

Corporations are taking away our first amendment rights by censoring Conservatives on social media, and that is Ok.

But a Republican tells corporations they need to straighten up and he becomes the threatening fascist insurgent?

LOL.

Corporate America have gone to war with the GOP, and with over 70 million Americans.

God forbid they get angry about it.

How does it feel to lick the arse of the top 1% as a Lefty?
Look's like another rightist no longer believes in private property rights...unless it's censoring leftwing protestors on private property...hmmmm

Looks like another leftist who's never given a damn about private property rights OR about corporations . . . unless it's trying to cynically use them as a talking point to cover up for heinous leftism. Hmmmm.

Looks like private property rights only matter when they fall on the right side of the partisan wall.

Looks like accusations of hypocrisy from a long-time hypocrite STILL don't impress anyone.

We can keep this up all day, if that's how long it takes for you to realize that no one is interested in your good opinion.

I am completely fine with the consistency of my stand, and utterly uninterested in your deliberate refusal to understand it. Even were I not morally opposed to defending myself against those whose authority I categorically reject, I wouldn't waste time trying to explain it to someone I know is deeply invested in not listening.
Oh I dunno

Banging your head against a wall can be therapeutic sometimes.

None of those changes to procedures or clarifications changed any law as alleged, nor did they led to any fraud.
I don't recall claiming that the voting rules that were altered by the Secretaries of State changed the law. Indeed they were illegal to be begin with. The very fact that they were illegal means that election fraud did occur, sponsored by the Secretaries of State. They all should be in prison.

Trumps legal team did, and it was a claim parroted by more than few talking heads on Faux.

That's a broad claim. Got something specific?
People claimed that Michael Brown raised his hands and said "don't shoot"....and it was parroted by more than a few talking heads on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN.

And then his friend said it never happened.

People claimed that Sandman taunted an indigenous individual and it was parroted by more than a few talking heads on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN.

They were both broad claims. Got something specific?

Schmuck.

Those were very specific allegations that were parroted.
No.

They were assumptions that were parroted. There was no video proof to support those allegations.
They were assumed.

Now you are just looking silly.

I suggest you stop it.

Like a thuggish pimp who expects his women to work hard for him, give them all their money and shut up about it, pimp McConnell tells American corporations to "stay out of politics."

Is it a only matter of time before he gets taken to the woodshed, or are the American corporations going to lay down and take it?
He's gonna be like Melvin Van Peeples meets Black explotation with Richard Rountree (-:

Forum List

Back