Mitch McConnell on January 6th: 'It will be interesting to reveal all the participants that were involved'

I think trump better back off of his attacks on Mitch. Mitch is getting the message and is now apparently throwing his support behind the House select committee investigation. This has been a very bad day for Donnie.
I think Mitch has found a way to get rid of the vile beasts known as trumpanzees.

Yeah, I've been wondering about this.

It's possible he sees this as his last chance to rid the party of Trumpism, even if there is short term pain.

Think of his tactics what we may, he's a pretty smart cookie. He may just get out of the way.

Let’s see how this plays out. One would think McConnell has the political acumen to realize that his party has to go on with or without the Donald.

Well, it's just theoretical. IF it turns out that laws were broken regarding Jan 6, and IF Trump were directly implicated, and IF the party looks like shit for it, then MAYBE it will be hurt in 2022. So it's a long distance between here and there.

My point is that, again theoretically, McConnell might calculate that getting out of the way and letting the chips fall might be worth it, for the long term health of the party. Not to mention the country, but that's not as high a priority for him.
Whether you like Mitch or not...he cares about the party. Unlike trump who only cares only about himself. Mitch is sending a strong message to trump and he is giving legitamacy to the House Select Committee. This is going to be an interesting battle for the soul of the GOP.

Whether you like Mitch or not...he cares about the party. Unlike trump who only cares only about himself. Mitch is sending a strong message to trump and he is giving legitamacy to the House Select Committee. This is going to be an interesting battle for the soul of the GOP.
McConnell will absolutely crush trump if it comes to that. And Mitch knows it. He sees trump like the rest of sane America...a bumbling anti-intellectual grifter. It really isnt even a fair fight.

Well, it's just theoretical. IF it turns out that laws were broken regarding Jan 6, and IF Trump were directly implicated, and IF the party looks like shit for it, then MAYBE it will be hurt in 2022. So it's a long distance between here and there.

My point is that, again theoretically, McConnell might calculate that getting out of the way and letting the chips fall might be worth it, for the long term health of the party. Not to mention the country, but that's not as high a priority for him.

We got him this time! Part 895,092,334

Let’s see how this plays out. One would think McConnell has the political acumen to realize that his party has to go on with or without the Donald.
Politicians aren't exactly known for being long term thinkers, though. Plus, '22 and '24 are looking good for the party.

Rock and a hard place for Mr. M right now.

Yeah. That's why I suspect Mitch won't be bending over backwards to help Trump if the legal shit hits the fan. It may be his only hope at the moment.

He cares about how to secure the bacon for his state and his bank account. He's not a conservative. He's a cancer just like the dems who do the same things. They are danger to this country.

I think trump better back off of his attacks on Mitch. Mitch is getting the message and is now apparently throwing his support behind the House select committee investigation. This has been a very bad day for Donnie.

This doesn't mean what you think it means.

I think Mitch has found a way to get rid of the vile beasts known as trumpanzees.
We will see. The stench is gonna hang around for a long time...even if he is successful.
This doesn't mean what you think it means.
Yes it does. Just those few words from Mitch gives legitimacy to the House panel. It will be interesting to see how many dirty ass traitors that they find. The public hearings next year will be "must see TV.: FOX will show repeats of the X Files while the hearings take place....

Forum List

Back