Mitch McConnell on January 6th: 'It will be interesting to reveal all the participants that were involved'

I think trump better back off of his attacks on Mitch. Mitch is getting the message and is now apparently throwing his support behind the House select committee investigation. This has been a very bad day for Donnie.
Mitch is all for a GOP single party government. But he wants a leader interested in holding corporate profits as the priority, not the self-serving corruption of the malignant narcissist trump.

Mitch also knows trump turned the trump Nazis' collective short attention span away from the decades of Big Business worship the GOP's propaganda had implanted. So, even though trump was good for profits over the short-term, he would be disastrous if installed as dictator.

His personal greed makes trump too dangerous to the status quo. Joe Manchin, on the other hand, has proven he balances his own greed with that of Big Business and the billionaire class. So, there is a good chance Mitch would back him as dictator.

"Was Jan 6th Insurrection mentioned in the Steele Dossier?
If yes = we got him!
If no = we got him!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the best of my knowledge the January 6th breach of the Capitol of the United States of America occurred about three years after the Steele Dossier was revealed.

I think perhaps the poster John Doe's link to a timeline could be helpful to poster 'Frank'?

----------------------------------------------------------------
If that doesn't clarify for Frank and others, well, I'd respectfully refer them to the recent Poynter Institutes' piece about their coverage on the January 6th events.

You can find it here:

JimH52
Would be nice to find out who the people were that the Capital Police let in and welcomed. Also nice to know who the Camera people were. Kinda nice to find out about Epps and Sullivan as well.

Of course this circle jerk of a 1/6 investigation won't be looking into that. They will try to link Trump to 1/6 as instigator of coup to overthrow the Government.

Of course they completely ignore the FBI's investigation which found no plans by anyone on that date to do anything.

Circle jerk and a waste of time and tax dollars. You bet.
There is no such thing as let in and welcomed. You are a real pos liar.

As far as plans, we have them on video announcing they were going in. That's criminal trespassing;

But Biden running again, won't fix that....democrats need someone new....maybe a governor, to get behind?
Take note RWI's.
Biden better not run in 2024.
He doesn't deserve a 2nd term, mostly because of the hate (same with trump)
We need something better than trump, clinton or biden/harris.

I also think a Governor needs to step up.
Inslee is from my State, and his Gov. term will be over so he will probably run, but I certainly hope he doesn't. He is not what the Country needs.

What does the Country Need.
A Leader, who is that, unknown at this point.
But it isn't biden, clinton, trump or harris.

We know who did it....

Obama
Pelosi
Chris Wray
Bloomberg
gay left wing hate hoaxers like James T Justis

BWK
Guess you missed all the posts that showed the Capital police letting in folks long before the Trump people arrived.

It was all over this board. POS liar.

Yes it does. Just those few words from Mitch gives legitimacy to the House panel.
My (wild-ass) guess is that Mitch sees the committee (and later, the Justice Department) as perhaps the only chance the party has of pushing Trumpism back to the fringe where it belongs, so he's not going to do anything to get in its way. He's going to play on whatever side of this that he sees as having the best chance of coming out on top.

But it seems to me that the party is past that now, no?

My (wild-ass) guess is that Mitch sees the committee (and later, the Justice Department) as perhaps the only chance the party has of pushing Trumpism back to the fringe where it belongs, so he's not going to do anything to get in its way. He's going to play on whatever side of this that he sees as having the best chance of coming out on top.

But it seems to me that the party is past that now, no?
Because the repub party does not have the guts to tell trump to go away...Mitch hopes the House committee will do his job.

My (wild-ass) guess is that Mitch sees the committee (and later, the Justice Department) as perhaps the only chance the party has of pushing Trumpism back to the fringe where it belongs, so he's not going to do anything to get in its way.

I quite agree with poster Mac1958. His analysis of Mitch's motivation seems sound and plausible.

Even if we put aside the personal petty-ass mean-speak of Trump towards McConnell there still remains the fact that Mitch hasn't been able to beneficially influence Trump towards larger goals. Or even get Trump to have a greater vision of the nation and the GOP. As we recall, there were reports that Mitch blamed Trump for the loss of the two Georgia Senate seats.

So, if someone says Mitch wants Trump politically neutralized so Mitch can do a better job as Minority Leader.....well, yeah I'd row in that boat.

Last edited:
I quite agree with poster Mac1958. His analysis of Mitch's motivation seems sound and plausible.

Even if we put aside the personal petty-ass mean-speak of Trump towards McConnell there still remains the fact that Mitch hasn't been able to beneficially influence Trump towards larger goals. Or even get Trump to have a greater vision of the nation and the GOP. As we recall, there were reports that Mitch blamed Trump for the loss of the two Georgia Senate seats.

So, if someone says Mitch wants Trump politically neutralized so Mitch can do a better job as Minority Leader.....well, yeah I'd row in that boat.
I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

The rube base thinks he's an Evil Hitler Deep State Swamp Commie™ because he doesn't obedient obediently kowtow to the Great Leader. And if the cult leaders are nailed for their role in Jan 6 (a big "if" there), he'll be one of the people blamed. Either way, I don't see how comes out of this the winner.

I don't what the attraction of that profession is.

Forum List

Back