Mitt Romney actually believes this crap!

You guys think I'm kidding about this?

I don't think you're "kidding," I recognize that you're a partisan hack, an Obamabot seeking to foster bigotry against Romeny in hopes of promoting your Messiah®

Come to Utah - the nanny state that's too nanny-state even for liberals. Seriously, I think it must be illegal in certain parts of this state to be liberal.

Been there, not nearly as bad as Pennsylvania.

Obama's my 'messiah'? No partisan hackery there. Nope.

As for Pennsylvania, I've only been Philly and that was great.

Frigging states that have state alcohol stores really bug me. Penn was about the worst example I've seen. Just to get a bottle of wine was a major undertaking.

At any rate, the attacks by you leftists on Romney's religion merely exposes you as bigots. I realize that you can't promote Obama on his record, which is abysmal, still these attacks are not helping you.

Mitt Romney & Harry Reid actually believe this crap!

Top 10 Bizarre Mormon Beliefs

#8 Basically, everyone on earth now was a spirit in the pre-existence. When we die, our spirits are separated from our bodies and if we were good they go to “spirit paradise.” If we were bad they go to “spirit prison.” The spirit world exists as a place for spirits to go while awaiting the second coming.

#7 Almost everyone who knows anything about the Mormon religion knows they have a prophet. What many don’t know, is anything that the prophet says in official capacity is considered official canon.

#6 The Book of Mormon is a book of LDS scripture that takes place during the same time as the Bible and takes place on the American continent. It follows the stories of two tribes who descended from the family of Lehi. After Jesus’ resurrection LDS people believe he visited the peoples of the Americas.

#1 This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.

Still want to vote for this nut?

:) Fixed it, Mitt looked lonely up there.

Frigging states that have state alcohol stores really bug me. Penn was about the worst example I've seen. Just to get a bottle of wine was a major undertaking.

At any rate, the attacks by you leftists on Romney's religion merely exposes you as bigots. I realize that you can't promote Obama on his record, which is abysmal, still these attacks are not helping you.

Yes, it's a major pain in the ass. They tried a few 'sample stores' where they were going to allow beer sales, but then no one ever heard what happened to that. I think we have to be one of the last states left like this. We love it whenever we vacation somewhere else and can just go to the grocery store to get a case of beer or a bottle of wine. What a novel idea. :lol:

I don't think it has anything to do with religion tho, just the state not wanting to give up the revenue and control, not to mention 'government jobs'. :eusa_eh:

Utah has state liquor stores and the revenues of all liquor sold in Utah - including revenue from bars and restaurants goes to fund the school lunch program. Guess who has the vast majority of kids in Utah? Plus, you have to hide the liquor behind a 'Zion Curtain' so as not to corrupt the little kiddies. There's also a drastic shortage of liquor licenses and they've even put extreme limits on the amount and types of liquor you can put in a drink. Beat that.

I wouldn't care if Romney believed in Quakers on the Moon (as some early church members did) if his church would keep their nose out of other people's business. But they don't.

Utah has state liquor stores and the revenues of all liquor sold in Utah - including revenue from bars and restaurants goes to fund the school lunch program.

Yup. But at least they have one on every corner so you don't have to drive 20 miles to get a bottle of wine.

Guess who has the vast majority of kids in Utah?

Parents.

Does that offend you? Do you see children as property of the state?

Plus, you have to hide the liquor behind a 'Zion Curtain' so as not to corrupt the little kiddies.

Yeah, no idea what you're babbling about.

There's also a drastic shortage of liquor licenses and they've even put extreme limits on the amount and types of liquor you can put in a drink. Beat that.

Sounds like California.

I wouldn't care if Romney believed in Quakers on the Moon (as some early church members did) if his church would keep their nose out of other people's business. But they don't.

Yawn, you attack Romney because he is challenging Obama. The hate sites have directed the drones to attack Romney on religion, because they tell you that everyone on the right is a Christian bigot.

But of course the bigots are you on the left, as usual.

Utah has state liquor stores and the revenues of all liquor sold in Utah - including revenue from bars and restaurants goes to fund the school lunch program.

Yup. But at least they have one on every corner so you don't have to drive 20 miles to get a bottle of wine.

Guess who has the vast majority of kids in Utah?

Parents.

Does that offend you? Do you see children as property of the state?

Yeah, no idea what you're babbling about.

There's also a drastic shortage of liquor licenses and they've even put extreme limits on the amount and types of liquor you can put in a drink. Beat that.

Sounds like California.

Yawn, you attack Romney because he is challenging Obama. The hate sites have directed the drones to attack Romney on religion, because they tell you that everyone on the right is a Christian bigot.

But of course the bigots are you on the left, as usual.

I thought you said you'd been to Utah. The closest liquor store to my house is about 4 miles away. I know some people who have to drive 30 miles.

I used to live in California and I had no problem getting a good drink pretty much anywhere I went. What god-forsaken burg did you visit?

There was a time when I thought Romney was a good guy. He made a speech in '94 that admonished people not to force their values on others and he seemed genuine in his inclusiveness. I had no idea what an etch-a-sketch flip-flop artist he'd become until his presidential bid.

I thought you said you'd been to Utah. The closest liquor store to my house is about 4 miles away. I know some people who have to drive 30 miles.

Dozens of times, I have a customer who is located in the state, the artist formerly known as Morton Thiokol.

I noted that in Promontory, it's no more than a block to a liquor store.

I used to live in California and I had no problem getting a good drink pretty much anywhere I went. What god-forsaken burg did you visit?

Liquor licenses are a criminal racket in California, no new ones have been issued in 30 years. If you want to open an establishment that sells liquor, you must buy an existing license from the Mafia, known as the ABC.

There was a time when I thought Romney was a good guy.

Until he ran against Obama. Then you had a duty to your party...

He made a speech in '94 that admonished people not to force their values on others and he seemed genuine in his inclusiveness. I had no idea what an etch-a-sketch flip-flop artist he'd become until his presidential bid.

Besides, you have a party to serve.

Dozens of times, I have a customer who is located in the state, the artist formerly known as Morton Thiokol.

I noted that in Promontory, it's no more than a block to a liquor store.

Liquor licenses are a criminal racket in California, no new ones have been issued in 30 years. If you want to open an establishment that sells liquor, you must buy an existing license from the Mafia, known as the ABC.

There was a time when I thought Romney was a good guy.

Until he ran against Obama. Then you had a duty to your party...

He made a speech in '94 that admonished people not to force their values on others and he seemed genuine in his inclusiveness. I had no idea what an etch-a-sketch flip-flop artist he'd become until his presidential bid.

Besides, you have a party to serve.

I have a party to serve, huh? Guess what, I didn't vote for Obama.

There is one liberating aspect of politics in Utah. It such a red state (used to be number on in the nation) that the republican always wins in a landslide. That gives me the freedom to register a protest vote. Hardly matters to whom it goes - I usually pick the libertarian.

So I have a question for you. Why do republicans rail so hard against fascism but then fall into lockstep obedience when it comes to decision making? Ever notice how many republicans vote against party lines? They're a bunch of free thinkers alright.

Mitt Romney & Harry Reid actually believe this crap!

#8 Basically, everyone on earth now was a spirit in the pre-existence. When we die, our spirits are separated from our bodies and if we were good they go to “spirit paradise.” If we were bad they go to “spirit prison.” The spirit world exists as a place for spirits to go while awaiting the second coming.

#7 Almost everyone who knows anything about the Mormon religion knows they have a prophet. What many don’t know, is anything that the prophet says in official capacity is considered official canon.

#6 The Book of Mormon is a book of LDS scripture that takes place during the same time as the Bible and takes place on the American continent. It follows the stories of two tribes who descended from the family of Lehi. After Jesus’ resurrection LDS people believe he visited the peoples of the Americas.

#1 This deserves some explanation. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven we can become gods ourselves.

:) Fixed it, Mitt looked lonely up there.

Thanks! :lol:

I definitely would never cast a vote for Reid either. :thup:

There is one liberating aspect of politics in Utah. It such a red state (used to be number on in the nation) that the republican always wins in a landslide. That gives me the freedom to register a protest vote. Hardly matters to whom it goes - I usually pick the libertarian.

So I have a question for you. Why do republicans rail so hard against fascism but then fall into lockstep obedience when it comes to decision making? Ever notice how many republicans vote against party lines? They're a bunch of free thinkers alright.

Actually, I see Republicans break ranks all the time. That idiot McCain joined the dims so often they called him a "maverick" (until he ran against Obama)

Snowe, Hatch, Lugar, and a dozen others are reliable dims, but not worth a fuck as Republicans.

While dims march in lockstep, never deviating from the party, Republicans can't be trusted. They are as likely to join the dims as they are to support GOP platforms.

How will his religion affect the economy?

Since I am not better off than 4 years ago, big 0 gets the boot.

America is better off than it was 4 years ago for many reasons. If you haven't made your own situation any better in that time you think a vote for Mitten's will inspire you to get off your ass and change things?

America is better off than it was 4 years ago for many reasons. If you haven't made your own situation any better in that time you think a vote for Mitten's will inspire you to get off your ass and change things?

UHM

no, its not

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Click the "time machine" back 4 years

10. Is it really bizarre to believe that you actually have to listen to what God says to get the blessing He has for you?

9. Taking care of your body is bizarre?

8. Believing the Bible is bizarre?

7. So believing God actually loves His children and communicates with them is weird?

6. Believing Jesus was telling the Truth when He said He has other sheep He needed to visit is bizarre?

5. Believing we are really made in the image of God is bizarre?

4. Believing men can speak with authority from God is bizarre?

3. Again, believing the Bible is accurate is bizarre?

2. Completely innaccurate picture of LDS theology.

1. Never looked up at the sky before? There are worlds without end. You honestly think God has never created any other life? Seriously? This is what you think is bizarre?

The belief that both prophets and miracles suddenly ended long before the King James version of the Bible was completed, is REALLY odd. Critiques of faiths invariably fail, for me at least.:eusa_whistle:

You do understand Mani -- that #1 is in COMPLETE accordance with the latest best minds in Physics... The concept of parallel universes and alternate realities is no more subject to ridicule than that. In FACT -- I find it fascinating that perhaps Mormon's had special insight into string theory and "dark matter" also.

Now I really REALLY need an answer from you on this Mani -- Do you believe that ALL the matter and energy in the universe was concentrated into a dot smaller than the size of pin at the moment of the Big Bang? Doesn't that offend your sensibilities a wee bit?

Forum List

Back