Mitt Romney actually believes this crap!

i worked very hard on it..

huggy thinks that slagging other people's beliefs is somehow exploring the meaning of faith.

he is, of course, a douche bag

And you as usual play a fool.

Where you as skweemish in science class when the others were dissecting frogs? Even the ancient Romans and Greeks dissected the diseased in search of the truth.

Atheists have done no harm to the progression of the human race. That would be the religious. You can take any side you want. But please try a little harder to say something relevant.

"Fuck off" is pretty lame...even for you O'Dello.

I say the religious and atheists have forced us to question reality--to question our perception of reality at least. Thus, aiding our progression?
Have we in fact progressed?
That remains to be seen.
In the meantime, "Fuck off" and "That man wears magic underwear" seem as relevant as anything else.
I got to take a shit.

Reality may be only our perception.

The amount of butthurt generated by this thread is nothing compared to what is coming if Romney wins the nomination.

The left-wing smear machine is going to make my lampooning of Mormonism look like child's play. But of course they won't come right out and shit on it like I did, they'll be a lot more clever about it than that. Mostly they'll devote countless hours and segments to discussing how none of his batshit crazy religious beliefs should matter, all the while detailing (and distorting) exactly what those batshit crazy beliefs are.

Bank on it. :thup:
It won't happen. The left doesn't care. He didn't get it as governor of the most liberal state in the country.

Sad for you.

It didn't happen in Massachusetts because it wouldn't work in Massachusetts.

Massachusetts isn't in the bible belt. :thup:
I still say you are wrong. We'll get the same silliness we got with Obama: Will America elect a black (mormon). Is Obama black (mormon) enough. Is Obama too black (mormon).

He isn't going to be attacked for his beliefs from anyone beside fundies.

It won't happen. The left doesn't care. He didn't get it as governor of the most liberal state in the country.

Sad for you.

I still say you are wrong. We'll get the same silliness we got with Obama: Will America elect a black (mormon). Is Obama black (mormon) enough. Is Obama too black (mormon).

Again, Obama isn't going to attack him.

Obama never had to say, "Boy, Sarah Palin sure is stupid."

The media was happy to do it for him.

Same thing with Mormonism. The Media will make the case Mormons are nuts. Obama won't have to touch it. Bill Maher and Jon Stewart will do the dirty work.

As for Massachusetts, the thing is, in the 2002 race, the Democrats weren't that worried about beating Romney. Republicans held the Governors office for 12 years at that point, and they were more worried about losing seats nationally that they already held because of Bush's 9/11 bounce. Thus why they ran a non-entity and didn't fight very hard.

And Mr. "Electablity" still only got 49% of the vote.

Sad for you.

Is there a shortage I'm not aware of?

mani is only Illustrating what he Liberal Media will do once the Mormon gets the Nomination...

:)

peace...

Ravi is half right though. The initial attacks on his beliefs will be from fundies. But then the left will exploit the living shit out of it by running segment after segment on it while pretending to condemn it.

i worked very hard on it..

huggy thinks that slagging other people's beliefs is somehow exploring the meaning of faith.

he is, of course, a douche bag

And you as usual play a fool.

Where you as skweemish in science class when the others were dissecting frogs? Even the ancient Romans and Greeks dissected the diseased in search of the truth.

Atheists have done no harm to the progression of the human race. That would be the religious. You can take any side you want. But please try a little harder to say something relevant.

"Fuck off" is pretty lame...even for you O'Dello.

i put in effort commensurate to the intellect of the recipient.

in other words, fuck off

Again, Obama isn't going to attack him.

Obama never had to say, "Boy, Sarah Palin sure is stupid."

The media was happy to do it for him.

Same thing with Mormonism. The Media will make the case Mormons are nuts. Obama won't have to touch it. Bill Maher and Jon Stewart will do the dirty work.

As for Massachusetts, the thing is, in the 2002 race, the Democrats weren't that worried about beating Romney. Republicans held the Governors office for 12 years at that point, and they were more worried about losing seats nationally that they already held because of Bush's 9/11 bounce. Thus why they ran a non-entity and didn't fight very hard.

And Mr. "Electablity" still only got 49% of the vote.

way to miss the point :thup:

He is also heading smack into an issue that has followed him through his national political career: his Mormon faith and the suspicion many evangelical Christians have of it.

“It’s going to be difficult for Romney as a Mormon with the evangelical community,” said the Rev. Franklin Graham, son of the Rev. Billy Graham. “For most Christians, Mormonism is an issue and he has a hurdle here that he’s going to have to jump over and navigate around if he can.”

Told you so... :eusa_whistle:

He is also heading smack into an issue that has followed him through his national political career: his Mormon faith and the suspicion many evangelical Christians have of it.

“It’s going to be difficult for Romney as a Mormon with the evangelical community,” said the Rev. Franklin Graham, son of the Rev. Billy Graham. “For most Christians, Mormonism is an issue and he has a hurdle here that he’s going to have to jump over and navigate around if he can.”

Told you so... :eusa_whistle:

In case you missed it, the publication running the Mormon angle is the NY Times.

True story :thup:

I seem to recall one or nine people insisting that Romney's religion wouldn't come into play.

Reflecting upon that now makes me :lmao:

Well, I did insist it wouldn't matter much. So far as I can tell my point of view, that only jerkasses would care about it very much, is still spot on.

No religion is sufficiently sane that any one religion can afford to get into a pissing match with the rest of them.

I'd like the SuperDupurPAC that backs Obama to run a nation wide Push Poll calling all the Religious republicans asking this question: "If Mitt Romney is elected president...would you convert to Mormanism?"

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

If Romney was a mainstream Christian, he would've sewn up the nomination months ago.

But keep telling me how his religion doesn't matter.

If Romney was a mainstream Christian, he would've sewn up the nomination months ago.

But keep telling me how his religion doesn't matter.

It has nothing to do with his religion, it has to do with his questionable conservative values and being a RINO and not a true conservative. But, at this point, anything beats what's in office right now, so he could be an atheist for all I care and if we wins the nomination, I'll be voting for him.

Forum List

Back