Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

He has less of a chance of winning this time than he did last time, regardless of what some pointless, far too early poll says.

He can't change his spots. He's a moderate, so he didn't have, and he won't have, the support of conservatives. Without that NO republican will win the white house.

The republicans want to see how fast they can hand the white house to another dem, run another moderate.

Republicans need to get away from this running prior losers bit. They need to wise up and run a fresh face that's a true conservative. The white house would be guaranteed.

So it is your opinion that conservatives, despite hating Obama with the fire of 10,000 suns, stayed home in 2012 because of Romney? Laughable. There aren't as many conservatives as you think there are.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

Well we know or sure your religious bigotry will once again be in full display.

He has less of a chance of winning this time than he did last time, regardless of what some pointless, far too early poll says.

He can't change his spots. He's a moderate, so he didn't have, and he won't have, the support of conservatives. Without that NO republican will win the white house.

The republicans want to see how fast they can hand the white house to another dem, run another moderate.

Republicans need to get away from this running prior losers bit. They need to wise up and run a fresh face that's a true conservative. The white house would be guaranteed.
I think you've got it backwards. The numbers don't lie. The really zealous Right Wing of the Republican Party is the tail wagging the dog. Hyper-Conservatism is not an ideology that appeals in the general election. Zealots vote in primaries and thus nominate the candidates. But when those candidates bring all the ideological baggage into November, the majority of voters will reject him.

Conservatives in the Republican Party must make one of two choices: man up and compromise in the great American political tradition or form a third party and take your chances. Putting an arch Conservative on the ticket in 2016 will indeed result in a Democrat landslide.

He has less of a chance of winning this time than he did last time, regardless of what some senseless, far too early poll says.

He can't change his spots. He's a moderate, so he didn't have, and he won't have, the support of conservatives. Without that NO republican will the white house.

I agree. Paul Ryan or Ted Cruz. Both are familiar faces and both are popular amongst the conservative base. Guaranteed that if either Ryan or Cruz gets the nomination for 2016, conservatives will not be staying home on election night.

Neither has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a general election.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

Well we know or sure your religious bigotry will once again be in full display.

Mormons should stop stealing Jewish Souls.

That's disrespectful.

Last edited:
He has less of a chance of winning this time than he did last time, regardless of what some senseless, far too early poll says.

He can't change his spots. He's a moderate, so he didn't have, and he won't have, the support of conservatives. Without that NO republican will the white house.

I agree. Paul Ryan or Ted Cruz. Both are familiar faces and both are popular amongst the conservative base. Guaranteed that if either Ryan or Cruz gets the nomination for 2016, conservatives will not be staying home on election night.

Ryan can probably pull in some moderates but if Cruz is the nominee, moderates will flock to the Democratic Party candidate.

CNN was claiming a poll 'if held today' Paul Ryan'd get the GOP's nod. So, dunno if paying too much attention to any of this 2 years out makes much sense.

I would say there is are also four outside factors; economy, global alliances/agreements, national security, and social trends. Not necessarily in that order. I expect there to be major swings in at least two of these. Can't say which.

Neither has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a general election.
I tend to disagree. George W. Bush was a Conservative, and he won, twice. Conservatives got their vote out. Put Romney in there, and you will have a lot of rural and Evangelical conservatives staying home. Conservatives will not vote for a closet democrat.

Although I admit, Bush was governor of Texas which pulls a lot of weight.

CNN was claiming a poll 'if held today' Paul Ryan'd get the GOP's nod. So, dunno if paying too much attention to any of this 2 years out makes much sense.
Makes sense. He's proven to be both a fiscal and social conservative. He would no doubt be popular amongst the younger voters as well.

I think you've got it backwards. The numbers don't lie. The really zealous Right Wing of the Republican Party is the tail wagging the dog. Hyper-Conservatism is not an ideology that appeals in the general election. Zealots vote in primaries and thus nominate the candidates. But when those candidates bring all the ideological baggage into November, the majority of voters will reject him.

Conservatives in the Republican Party must make one of two choices: man up and compromise in the great American political tradition or form a third party and take your chances. Putting an arch Conservative on the ticket in 2016 will indeed result in a Democrat landslide.
I don't have it backwards, or we'd be saying "President Romney" right now instead of president obama.

Romney took a clean sweep of the moderate vote and conservatives stayed home.

Republicans either learn from that or keep ceding the white house to a dem. If they just can't get it, then a third party will have to be formed. Let the GOP die.

Last edited:
I would say there is are also four outside factors; economy, global alliances/agreements, national security, and social trends. Not necessarily in that order. I expect there to be major swings in at least two of these. Can't say which.
The elections will be determined by the economy. Any other factor depends on world events. Another terror attack like September 11? That would contribute to tipping the election. But, if that does not happen (my lips to God's ear), social issues will chase voters away in droves. Wedge issues might be brought up, but only by a hyper Conservative candidate (see Rick Santorum). These are losing issues used only to drum up support among those with that color glasses coloring their outlook.

I agree ( bolded ).....but, will the independents? :dunno:

Ted Cruz / Rand Paul, or Rand Paul / Ted Cruz... either way... dream ticket. Conservatives would turn out like never before. The White House would be a cake walk.

I don't have it backwards, or we'd be saying "President Romney" right now instead of president obama.

Republican either learn from that or keep ceding the white house to a dem.
Romney, McCain, Dole, Dukakis. What do these folks have in common? First, they were lousy candidates. Candidates who utterly failed to reach the hearts and minds of the voters.

But if the Republicans think that bringing the bad ass will provide the prescription for a winning candidate, they will sit in a ditch picking the thorns from between their toes and wonder how it all went so bad. Conservatism has a deep, but narrow appeal. The more Conservatives think that they can convince the majority of American voters that what we need is a bad ass, cut to the bone Conservative, the more mired in defeat they will find themselves.

there simply aren't as many arch Conservatives as you think.

Republicans either learn from that or keep ceding the white house to a dem. If they just can't get it, then a third party will have to be formed. Let the GOP die.

False, Romney lost the election with moderate voters by an overwhelming margin. Liberals and conservatives washed each out other out for the most part with a slight margin to conservatives.

Ted Cruz / Rand Paul, or Rand Paul / Ted Cruz... either way... dream ticket. Conservatives would turn out like never before. The White House would be a cake walk.

If that "dream ticket" happens we could bet real money on this.

Like 10K.

:cool:

Forum List

Back