Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

This is just name recognition. It means nothing.

Why is this board being inundated with popularity polls three years before the next election? Have you not yet learned the rubes only remember shit from less than a week ago?

No one is going to stoke the Mitt Romney fires for long.

And yet there is Hillary who seems to be front page every day, even when she admits to here bungling of Benghazi.

If MR wants the candidacy and still has the money and the incredible organization, everybody else better step aside.

GWB was no conservative.

I like Romney better now then I did back in 2012. I don't think we need a moderate or a conservative to win. We need a leader, a Reagan. I like the fact that Romney has a bi-racial family, just like mine. I like the fact that he didn't try to tear down Obama after the election. I liked how he handled the pure unadulterated smear the left put onto his wife with MS.

Unfortunately he is too good of man for the left wing to embrace.

So race matters? I don't get it. Why does it matter what race his extended family is?

80.7% of the country lives in an urban area and that number is growing. Sorry, nobody is courting the country vote to win a presidential election.
Prove it.

Yeah they didn't think about the conservative vote last time either, and we know how that worked out.

More Americans move to cities in past decade-Census | Reuters

They did think about the conservative vote in 2012. 25% of the voters self identified as liberal, Obama won 86% of this vote. 40% of the voters self identified as moderate, Obama won 56% of this vote. 35% of the voters self identified as conservative, Romney won 82% of this vote. There just aren't as many conservatives out there as conservatives think there are.
"Urban" isn't exactly "city."

The problem with the above numbers is that conservatives stayed home and didn't vote for Romney. 82% of one voting segment has NEVER showed up, EVER. That's why he lost. The GOP ran a moderate thinking that if their candidate took the moderate vote he'd win. We now know that doesn't work, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

Again, simple, NO GOP candidate will win without the conservative vote, because there are more conservatives than what YOU think there are. But if a conservative can't win as a GOP presidential candidate, then the GOP truly is dead. Dig a hole and throw them in it.

Time for a new party.

You mean like people wanting to elect another Santa Claus because they've given up on trying to find a job so they just want hand outs from the government?

I understand that that is the outlook championed by the far Right. But folks who need benefits through no fault of their own find it hard to call themselves loafers when they are trying so hard. It's just as hard for them to think that way as it is easy to sit back with a paycheck and snipe at those less fortunate.
I didn't call them loafers or lazy, I said have "given up on trying to find a job."

I'd put the blame for that situation squarely on the shoulders of obama and the democrat party. They know what they're doing, they're creating democrat voters, because they've enslaved them to government handouts, and they're the ones promising them the handouts.
Believe it or not, most sober, responsible Americans don't want to live a life of subsistence and reliance on government aid. they want a paycheck. they want the stability a job provides. I understand that it's a popular misconception among those who want to shrink the government to assume that welfare, unemployment and other subsidies are intended to be a way of life, but that's simply not the case. It is, however, a convenient way to describe aid programs and those who avail themselves of them. Bumper Sticker thinking.

This line of thinking extends itself to allow a macro conspiracy to develop, namely that which suggests that Democrats use the carrot of entitlement programs to entice political support. But if you take a step back and look at the situation without ideological goggles, you might see that those who are thankful for a hand up are resentful and fearful of politicians who dismiss them as lazy or politically malleable.

Prove it.

Yeah they didn't think about the conservative vote last time either, and we know how that worked out.

They did think about the conservative vote in 2012. 25% of the voters self identified as liberal, Obama won 86% of this vote. 40% of the voters self identified as moderate, Obama won 56% of this vote. 35% of the voters self identified as conservative, Romney won 82% of this vote. There just aren't as many conservatives out there as conservatives think there are.

The problem with the above numbers is that conservatives stayed home and didn't vote for Romney. 82% of one voting segment has NEVER showed up, EVER. That's why he lost. The GOP ran a moderate thinking that if their candidate took the moderate vote he'd win. We now know that doesn't work, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

Again, simple, NO GOP candidate will win without the conservative vote, because there are more conservatives than what YOU think there are. But if a conservative can't win as a GOP presidential candidate, then the GOP truly is dead. Dig a hole and throw them in it.

Time for a new party.
Wasn't the Prime Directive for Conservatives to defeat Obama in 2012? Weren't they more concerned about a second term for Obama than anything else?

If that's the case, why did they sit on their hands and let Romney take the fall? Why didn't they flock to the ballot box in unprecedented numbers and pull that (R) lever just to rid the Oval Office of the hated Obama? Why didn't they elect Romney if Obama was such a threat?

GWB was no conservative.

I like Romney better now then I did back in 2012. I don't think we need a moderate or a conservative to win. We need a leader, a Reagan. I like the fact that Romney has a bi-racial family, just like mine. I like the fact that he didn't try to tear down Obama after the election. I liked how he handled the pure unadulterated smear the left put onto his wife with MS.

So race matters? I don't get it. Why does it matter what race his extended family is?

The race does not matter at all. My point is that he is not what the left wing liberals would have painted him. That is why they must destroy him and his wife.

Prove it.

Time for a new party.

I never said city, I said urban areas. Suburban voters these days are more in line with their city counterparts than they are with voters in the country.

Romney got crushed in the moderate vote, that's why he lost. All these conservatives out there who haven't voted for decades are going to suddenly start voting. You keep going with that and you keep losing elections, fine with me.

Time for a new party.
Wasn't the Prime Directive for Conservatives to defeat Obama in 2012? Weren't they more concerned about a second term for Obama than anything else?

If that's the case, why did they sit on their hands and let Romney take the fall? Why didn't they flock to the ballot box in unprecedented numbers and pull that (R) lever just to rid the Oval Office of the hated Obama? Why didn't they elect Romney if Obama was such a threat?
Is this a game, hyperbole, sarcasm, or some hybrid of the afore mentioned?

I just explained it.

Time for a new party.

Because of the myth of the conservative voter staying at home in 2012.

Time for a new party.

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

I do not expect him to run, but if he does, he has my full support.

GWB was no conservative.

The point is that MR has experience with race in family matter, which many of the GOP don't.

Look at you. You are immediately threatened by the idea.

I find it hilarious him and Paul Ryan are the top two for 2016 now. 3 presidential elections in a row, lol, that would be fricking funny

I've been reading and hearing that Mike Huckabee, is. :dunno:

Why can't our party move FORWARD?!?

Huckabee is a nice guy as I'm sure Romney is but their time in the spotlight has passed. As I've said over & over, we need new blood and conservative ideals taking over.

It's 'conservative ideas' that's costing you elections

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.

Suburban voters these days are more in line with their city counterparts than they are with voters in the country.
Link?

Romney got crushed in the moderate vote, that's why he lost. All these conservatives out there who haven't voted for decades are going to suddenly start voting. You keep going with that and you keep losing elections, fine with me.

You keep saying that republicans need the moderate vote to win because that fallacy ensures liberals win. I understand why you liberals push it.

Sorry, I'm not buying it, and I know better.

The repubs run another moderate like Romney, and they can plan on losing another presidential election.

It's that simple.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.

Were you in a coma during the 2012 election? Conservatives in large numbers did not vote or voted for a losing 3rd party candidate. THEY elected obama.

Time for a new party.

Is this a game, hyperbole, sarcasm, or some hybrid of the afore mentioned?

I just explained it.
Actually you explained that Romney was presented as a bigger threat than Obama. And if Romney was a greater threat, running an arch Conservative will chase more than the moderate Republicans away, it will chase the Independents away like poison.

Conservatives failed to man up and pull Romney's lever because they thought he was too Liberal while giving Obama a second term. This begs the question: are Conservatives too bound to their narrow ideology for their own good? The litmus test passing, for real, God Guns and Glory Conservatives are too few in number and hold such an unflinching, rock ribbed outlook that they could never accept anything less than perfection in their candidates. But that level of ideological perfection coms with a price: it's hard to get the rest of America on board with extremism.

Forum List

Back